Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

Jesus fucking Christ. I don't mind taking a regular special ed class but they don't train us for special ed at all and the job posting last night just said "special ed k-12" instead of what it SHOULD have said, which is moderate to severe. I should get fucking hazard pay bc one of them hit me and I did NOT sign up for this.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 06, 2020, 03:50:03 PM
Um.

Wow.

This is so American it makes my teeth itch.

https://apnews.com/087793aca502274877c4763383c2f151

I have to just rephrase this because it's so fucking absurd.

A man is trying to barricade himself in his apartment because of a dog attack. A neighbor enters the apartment, goes "that's a dog attack alright", then goes to get his trusty FUCKING crossbow. He shoots a dog with his FUCKING CROSSBOW ARE YOU SHITTING ME and the bolt penetrates the dog and kills the dude who was trying to create a barricade against the dogs. Cops show up, and kill the dogs. Crossbow man realizes the person he was trying to help is dead and he killed the poor bastard.

:aaa:
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on February 06, 2020, 08:21:55 PM
Um.

Wow.

A man is trying to barricade himself in his apartment because of a dog attack. A neighbor enters the apartment, goes "that's a dog attack alright", then goes to get his trusty FUCKING crossbow. He shoots a dog with his FUCKING CROSSBOW ARE YOU SHITTING ME and the bolt penetrates the dog and kills the dude who was trying to create a barricade against the dogs. Cops show up, and kill the dogs. Crossbow man realizes the person he was trying to help is dead and he killed the poor bastard.

What's so weird about that?  I have a crossbow on my desk right now.  Not even kidding.

And I am trying to arrange pit bulls to be outside the door of the bastard in the next office.

Molon Lube

Juana

On the upside, I'm now in the candidate pool for a full social science teaching position for my district. :noodledance:
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

I'm not banned on facebook at the moment, but I can't reply to any of my own threads, because the fucking thing goes tits-up.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Juana on February 06, 2020, 06:54:53 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. I don't mind taking a regular special ed class but they don't train us for special ed at all and the job posting last night just said "special ed k-12" instead of what it SHOULD have said, which is moderate to severe. I should get fucking hazard pay bc one of them hit me and I did NOT sign up for this.

Yeah, I remember when I was on jobseekers allowance, and I was being questioned by one of the department as to why I didn't apply for a specific job which I was otherwise qualified for.

I pointed out it was with autistic children and required previous experience (which I did not have) and he was immediately like "absolutely justified, not a problem". People who work with kids with severe special needs are great, but it's not an expectation you can just lay on everyone, and especially not without warning them beforehand.

Juana

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2020, 11:20:07 PM

Yeah, I remember when I was on jobseekers allowance, and I was being questioned by one of the department as to why I didn't apply for a specific job which I was otherwise qualified for.

I pointed out it was with autistic children and required previous experience (which I did not have) and he was immediately like "absolutely justified, not a problem". People who work with kids with severe special needs are great, but it's not an expectation you can just lay on everyone, and especially not without warning them beforehand.
Seriously. Some of them were non verbal and autistic, prone to grabbing and scratching and I walked into this blind. Like, we managed totally okay the last two periods of the day but I do not have the patience to do that shit very often.

The Johnny

Um.

Wow.

QuoteOne of the dogs belonged to the man who died, she said. The other belonged to his girlfriend, who also lived in the home.

"My friends pets were fighting amongst themselves like they do all week, so I got them all killed - finally some peace and quiet."
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Juana

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 06, 2020, 10:24:49 PM
Hoping you have good Fortune!
Thank you! I'm pretty sure the principal who wrote one of my letters of support will hire me if she can bc she's straight up said, "I want you to work for me." I'm on pretty good terms with several other middle school principals and that's most likely where I'll start.

Cramulus

Quote from: Juana on February 06, 2020, 11:59:23 PM

Seriously. Some of them were non verbal and autistic, prone to grabbing and scratching and I walked into this blind. Like, we managed totally okay the last two periods of the day but I do not have the patience to do that shit very often.

yikes -- you gotta be CAREFUL

my buddy teaches high-school special ed.. specificially teaches kids who were removed from public school for behavioral issues. He's always got bruises and bite marks. At his last job, the "straw that broke the camel's back" was having a rib broken by a student that threw him against a wall. And the principal wouldn't back up the teachers. So my friend ragequit that job, but not because of the kids -- because of the administration not taking his reccomendations seriously, even after he was hospitalized.

Juana

Quote from: Cramulus on February 07, 2020, 02:01:59 PM
Quote from: Juana on February 06, 2020, 11:59:23 PM

yikes -- you gotta be CAREFUL

my buddy teaches high-school special ed.. specificially teaches kids who were removed from public school for behavioral issues. He's always got bruises and bite marks. At his last job, the "straw that broke the camel's back" was having a rib broken by a student that threw him against a wall. And the principal wouldn't back up the teachers. So my friend ragequit that job, but not because of the kids -- because of the administration not taking his reccomendations seriously, even after he was hospitalized.

Holy fuck. There are some admin who shouldn't be left in charge of a houseplant but you'd think a kid putting one of the teachers in the hospital would be a wake up call.

I was corrected and it was a mild group, but one of them tried to get bitey with the other sub bc he's had negative behavior reenforcement. We do not get paid enough for that shit.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: The Johnny on February 07, 2020, 12:21:33 AM
Um.

Wow.

QuoteOne of the dogs belonged to the man who died, she said. The other belonged to his girlfriend, who also lived in the home.

"My friends pets were fighting amongst themselves like they do all week, so I got them all killed - finally some peace and quiet."

So pretty much I feel like everyone was at fault in this situation, except the poor dogs.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on February 07, 2020, 06:17:23 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on February 07, 2020, 12:21:33 AM
Um.

Wow.

So pretty much I feel like everyone was at fault in this situation, except the poor dogs.

Life is tough on dogs.

In the very best life they can enjoy, they get their balls chopped off.

Think about that for a second.
Molon Lube