News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

So fb reminded me of a meme I made out of a dream about 3 years ago and apparently posted and forgot.

Not sure what make of it. Hoping for some feedback here.

Howl would you be willing to bring this before the Subgenii and see what they make of it?

If you will and they ask who wrote it just say a guy you know goes by T. W. Joseph.

I release all rights to it other than that attribution, which is unnecessary, but would like you to please otherwise KYFMS about me except in the most general sense.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2020, 01:00:47 AM
So fb reminded me of a meme I made out of a dream about 3 years ago and apparently posted and forgot.

Howl would you be willing to bring this before the Subgenii and see what they make of it?

If you will and they ask who wrote it just say a guy you know goes by T. W. Joseph.

I release all rights to it other than that attribution, which is unnecessary, but would like you to please otherwise KYFMS about me except in the most general sense.

If I can ever remember my password for Scrubgenius, I'll put it up.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2020, 03:08:56 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on February 11, 2020, 01:00:47 AM

If I can ever remember my password for Scrubgenius, I'll put it up.
Thanks man.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Pergamos

Quote from: The Johnny on February 10, 2020, 03:07:10 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on February 10, 2020, 02:50:28 PM
last week, I had my first super annoying Dungeon World experience...

I once was getting into D&D, but the one experience I had just offput me to the whole thing...

Like the GM was also simultaneously a player, and "for some reason" his Paladin character had an overstated armor that made him practically invulnerable which was just so ZZZ and a blatant type of plot armor... like, the situations were fun and the scenarios and story seemed to have work put into them, but i just couldnt get over the fact that we were never in any kind of real danger of a possible party wipe scenario, which basicly meant that all of our agency was null and void... like i hypothetically could literally run it down and "play to lose" and we would win either way, so whats the fucking point?

Sure, there's the development of the story or ample range to goof off, but i felt that for the party it was a Disney theme park ride while were having our hand held at every step by the Paladin that has this weird omnipotent and paternal fantasy going on.

FeelsWeird man.

It sounds like you could have used that to play the reckless suicidal sorts.  I always had a no death (without choice) safety net in the long running game I had, it just let people play the way they wanted to.  No permdeath anyways, there's a lot of magical ways to get around it.

The Johnny

Quote from: Pergamos on February 11, 2020, 06:10:42 AM

I once was getting into D&D, but the one experience I had just offput me to the whole thing...

Like the GM was also simultaneously a player, and "for some reason" his Paladin character had an overstated armor that made him practically invulnerable which was just so ZZZ and a blatant type of plot armor... like, the situations were fun and the scenarios and story seemed to have work put into them, but i just couldnt get over the fact that we were never in any kind of real danger of a possible party wipe scenario, which basicly meant that all of our agency was null and void... like i hypothetically could literally run it down and "play to lose" and we would win either way, so whats the fucking point?

Sure, there's the development of the story or ample range to goof off, but i felt that for the party it was a Disney theme park ride while were having our hand held at every step by the Paladin that has this weird omnipotent and paternal fantasy going on.

FeelsWeird man.

It sounds like you could have used that to play the reckless suicidal sorts.  I always had a no death (without choice) safety net in the long running game I had, it just let people play the way they wanted to.  No permdeath anyways, there's a lot of magical ways to get around it.

I guess building a Berserker woulda been fun, if only I had known how things were gonna be, cause i built a Rogue.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pergamos

Quote from: The Johnny on February 11, 2020, 06:16:09 AM
Quote from: Pergamos on February 11, 2020, 06:10:42 AM

FeelsWeird man.

I guess building a Berserker woulda been fun, if only I had known how things were gonna be, cause i built a Rogue.

I tend to like playing rogues as suicide bombers.  If I know I can detonate more than once at least.

The Johnny

Joe Biden Jokes With Voter: 'You're A Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier' | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FsxA5qjUjs

It's funny how all your presidential candidates have varying degrees of dementia and degeneracy.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

It's like the Soviet Union in the late 70s and early 80s, when all the contenders for leadership were either insane or napped 18 hours a day because they were 90 and on life support.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cain on February 11, 2020, 12:16:09 PM
It's like the Soviet Union in the late 70s and early 80s, when all the contenders for leadership were either insane or napped 18 hours a day because they were 90 and on life support.
These are the people who are supposed to defeat Trump.  :|
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

The polls suggest literally any of them could.

However, the polls do not take into account the 18+ month hacking, foreign assistance-empowered smear campaign that is about to come down on whoever the candidate is.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on February 11, 2020, 09:24:20 AM

Joe Biden Jokes With Voter: 'You're A Lying Dog-Faced Pony Soldier' | NBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FsxA5qjUjs

It's funny how all your presidential candidates have varying degrees of dementia and degeneracy.

Well, that's not a coincidence.  Our entire country has always been demented, and it hasn't gotten better, just different.

Only now it's not even different.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Sup nerds? Depression's been eating me alive and my therapist has finally convinced me that ADHD is probably the underlying issue, so now I gotta unpack all this shit I had NEATLY ON MY MENTAL SHELF GODDESS DAMN IT.

starting prep work on Holy Nonsense 2020. Aiming for a November release for the lulz.

altered

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2020, 07:45:12 PM
Sup nerds? Depression's been eating me alive and my therapist has finally convinced me that ADHD is probably the underlying issue, so now I gotta unpack all this shit I had NEATLY ON MY MENTAL SHELF GODDESS DAMN IT.

starting prep work on Holy Nonsense 2020. Aiming for a November release for the lulz.

If you need more material to fill gaps or something, give me prompts. I'm in a writing mood but have nowhere to focus that energy currently.

Also, this seems to be starting off as the year of "oh, everything I thought was wrong with me isn't, and the main problem is something else. Time to rethink my entire life". I've got multiple things like that myself. Good luck in getting it dealt with!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Given that date, will you want fresh material?   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: altered on February 11, 2020, 07:49:34 PM

If you need more material to fill gaps or something, give me prompts. I'm in a writing mood but have nowhere to focus that energy currently.

Also, this seems to be starting off as the year of "oh, everything I thought was wrong with me isn't, and the main problem is something else. Time to rethink my entire life". I've got multiple things like that myself. Good luck in getting it dealt with!

Magic as the art of being open to weird shit happening around you is something I'd like to get more of in this edition and have absolutely nothing for right now. I can cite some examples of the phenomenon but I just don't have a coherent narrative.