News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2020, 07:55:23 PM
Quote from: altered on February 11, 2020, 07:49:34 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2020, 07:45:12 PM
Sup nerds? Depression's been eating me alive and my therapist has finally convinced me that ADHD is probably the underlying issue, so now I gotta unpack all this shit I had NEATLY ON MY MENTAL SHELF GODDESS DAMN IT.

starting prep work on Holy Nonsense 2020. Aiming for a November release for the lulz.

If you need more material to fill gaps or something, give me prompts. I'm in a writing mood but have nowhere to focus that energy currently.

Also, this seems to be starting off as the year of "oh, everything I thought was wrong with me isn't, and the main problem is something else. Time to rethink my entire life". I've got multiple things like that myself. Good luck in getting it dealt with!

Magic as the art of being open to weird shit happening around you is something I'd like to get more of in this edition and have absolutely nothing for right now. I can cite some examples of the phenomenon but I just don't have a coherent narrative.

I think I might have something stashed away.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I think it's the "Sometimes magic is BAD FOR YOU" thing.
Molon Lube

altered

I actually have a couple quick anecdotes for this. I think the best one is the More Water Than You Really Wanted Incident. Give me some time to frame them, I can get something put together.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2020, 07:54:44 PM
Sup nerds? Depression's been eating me alive and my therapist has finally convinced me that ADHD is probably the underlying issue, so now I gotta unpack all this shit I had NEATLY ON MY MENTAL SHELF GODDESS DAMN IT.

starting prep work on Holy Nonsense 2020. Aiming for a November release for the lulz.

Given that date, will you want fresh material?   :lulz:

I'm always here for new stuff! Can't promise on a given day I'll have the energy or things will click properly, but I'm doing my best.

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2020, 07:57:24 PM

That's a different thing than what I was describing but I am ALSO interested in this.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2020, 07:58:45 PM

I'm always here for new stuff! Can't promise on a given day I'll have the energy or things will click properly, but I'm doing my best.

That's a different thing than what I was describing but I am ALSO interested in this.

No so different.  Let me dig up my notes on the box at home and zap you a rough draft.

ETA:  You take care of you.  This can wait until you're ready.  I'm just going to write it sooner rather than later, is all.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2020, 07:59:27 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 11, 2020, 07:58:45 PM

No so different.  Let me dig up my notes on the box at home and zap you a rough draft.

ETA:  You take care of you.  This can wait until you're ready.  I'm just going to write it sooner rather than later, is all.

Yeah, my story is definitely "Magic is sometimes bad for you". It's kind of like Carrie, but with coffee instead of blood and fire.

First draft written now, I'm going to get angry at it for a couple days then totally rewrite it. It's pretty boring prose right now except for the use of a different synonym for "device" EVERY SINGLE TIME, which I'm proud of.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Q. G.
O
Q. G.
I am so
Very
Very
Glad
To see
That you be
Ready
And
Not Dead Yet!

When I get time I will put my noodle to this "magic" business folks get so aon about.

Here's how I feel.
:zombie:
I am On Fire.
And I feel like I will burn Eternally,
Yet nobody can see
I'm contained.
A reaction
My being in
Unstoppable conflagration
Internally.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: Cramulus on February 11, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
Here's a question you've never asked:

How do people have sex in microgravity? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_in_space

And the answer is:

VELCRO - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2suit

"Bondage in Space": Not what we wanted, but what we deserve.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

PinkTiefling

I mean, we can start Fight Club but I forgot the rules...
"Did somebody say coffee? 'Cause I'm pretty sure that man is not my wife."

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on February 11, 2020, 08:20:35 PM
Here's a question you've never asked:

How do people have sex in microgravity? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_in_space

And the answer is:

VELCRO - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2suit

Doesn't have to be used in microgravity, just saying.

Frontside Back

I'm much more intrigued by the possibility of masturbating in space and floating the sperm bubble out of the airlock. That gotta be a form of immortality.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."