News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2020, 05:59:06 PM
Oh yeah, it's probably in the midwest by now.

I would be a lot happier about all of this if it wasn't just half as deadly as this year's flu.

It's like mother nature is just mailing it in.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2020, 07:06:58 PM

I would be a lot happier about all of this if it wasn't just half as deadly as this year's flu.

This is just a side gig.  She's focussed on preparing for the main show (climate change), which I promise will be much more kinetic.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on February 27, 2020, 07:13:48 PM

This is just a side gig.  She's focussed on preparing for the main show (climate change), which I promise will be much more kinetic.

Um, that's BEEN going on, and it's NOT kinetic.  It is instead a dismally-slow process that simply reduces everyone's standard of living, as usual from the bottom up.

You may have noticed the wildfires and floods.  You may have noticed that we don't fix anything afterwards, anymore.
Molon Lube

Cain

I don't know, it's 1918 Spanish Flu levels of destruction. Not exactly Captain Trips, but that's a respectable 1.7% of the global population.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2020, 07:18:14 PM
Um, that's BEEN going on, and it's NOT kinetic.  It is instead a dismally-slow process that simply reduces everyone's standard of living, as usual from the bottom up.

You may have noticed the wildfires and floods.  You may have noticed that we don't fix anything afterwards, anymore.
I dunno, I consider floods to be plenty kinetic.
Hurricanes, too.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2020, 07:20:36 PM

I don't know, it's 1918 Spanish Flu levels of destruction. Not exactly Captain Trips, but that's a respectable 1.7% of the global population.

The first wave, sure.

The second wave had a death rate of 20%.  50 million dumbass primates ejected.

This virus weighs in at a wimpy 3%.
Molon Lube

Juana

I'm hearing that it's a lot more widespread here than anyone has been willing to acknowledge and has been for a couple weeks at least.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 27, 2020, 07:26:56 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 27, 2020, 07:20:36 PM

The first wave, sure.

The second wave had a death rate of 20%.  50 million dumbass primates ejected.

This virus weighs in at a wimpy 3%.

I'm counting on us being dumb enough to recreate WWI-like conditions. I mean, this government has already caused a "Soviet-like" drop in life expectancy over here, so you can't really convince me that I'm wrong.

Cain

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

So, now, according to FB, any link, meme, or gif from me is spam.
Molon Lube

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."