News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on March 03, 2020, 07:13:18 AM
Update!

Instead of helldesk, it turns out I'll be doing data security auditing. Also it turns out this is probably a certainty now.

No one likes the auditor. But this is literally my hobby. I will have so much fun, and I will get away with being an overbearing nightmare beast on account of the user being a security defeating IDIOT 6 times of 10.

And I get to do it all while blasting brutal death metal, playing Bloodborne, and chowing down on just so much pizza. What more can you ask for?

It's all fun and games
When you plant eyes on your brain
But keep those eyes on the (encryption) keys
Data wants to be free
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cramulus

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on March 04, 2020, 01:11:29 PM
Bartender, pour me a shot of old man juice

Would you like that to be Biden or Sanders flavored?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

Is the forum taking a long time to load for anyone else?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Yeah, it is.

I was thinking it was our shitty WiFi here, but it's doing it on 4G too.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Quote from: altered on March 04, 2020, 05:22:09 PM
Yeah, it is.

I was thinking it was our shitty WiFi here, but it's doing it on 4G too.
Same here and on multiple WiFi networks.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

Juana

Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2020, 05:41:04 PM
Seems fine to me. Temporary blip?
Not for me. It's been a consistent issue since I came back across multiple browsers.

Dimocritus

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2020, 12:59:16 PM
Hey Dimo!

Sorry about spagging in your FB feed.  This ol' Gen X-er was drunk and feeling bitter.

It's cool mah dood. I don't think anyone is having a fun time with all this shit going on these days.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on March 04, 2020, 05:41:04 PM
Seems fine to me. Temporary blip?

Its been several weeks actually - now I resort to manually opening 2-3 forum tabs and their respective 2-3 threads in different tabs simultaneously so I dont swamp going back and forth in a single tab. Feels like some sort of bandwidth throttling, i dont know.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

the boards' been weird for me. Load time is fine but the issue is what's loading