News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Well after 2 weeks or so of regular working out that is basically a light startup routine of resistance training and elliptical work I'm down 15lbs and not particularly retaining water. My trainer says that I'm in really good condition for a guy that tips the scales at 449 lbs (down from 462). I have good musculature and strong, dense ass bones with only a little structural weakness in my right shoulder.

This is just the beginning, but I'm working hard as hell and pleased with the result so far.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 10, 2020, 06:22:28 PM
Well after 2 weeks or so of regular working out that is basically a light startup routine of resistance training and elliptical work I'm down 15lbs and not particularly retaining water. My trainer says that I'm in really good condition for a guy that tips the scales at 449 lbs (down from 462). I have good musculature and strong, dense ass bones with only a little structural weakness in my right shoulder.

This is just the beginning, but I'm working hard as hell and pleased with the result so far.

I dont mean it to be taken as discouraging, but my "coming-back-to" fitness has taken me a long 5 years... but perhaps because i was more on the side of emaciation rather than overweight... the important thing is to just keep at it even if one doesnt see results, trying to keep as a goal to do 10 hours of exersice at least per month. Some months i crunch in 20 hours and I really see fast results, but I have other important things to do, 10 hours is slower progress but it isnt such a big burden.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on March 10, 2020, 08:34:04 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 10, 2020, 06:22:28 PM

I dont mean it to be taken as discouraging, but my "coming-back-to" fitness has taken me a long 5 years... but perhaps because i was more on the side of emaciation rather than overweight... the important thing is to just keep at it even if one doesnt see results, trying to keep as a goal to do 10 hours of exersice at least per month. Some months i crunch in 20 hours and I really see fast results, but I have other important things to do, 10 hours is slower progress but it isnt such a big burden.

Right now my schedule is about 10 hrs per week. I lost my job recently because of certain bullshit, but have a nice part time job lined up. I intend to fill in the extra hours of my schedule with low impact exercise like elliptical and basic resistance training.

I've never known the struggle from the other end. I'm glad to hear that you've been getting better over 5 years. I intend to work a lifelong exercise regimen. For all my size and strength I am in bad cardiovascular shape and my muscles are pretty much entirely out of condition. Just going to keep at it! Hope your own struggles pay off too.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

I might have to write off the job offer.

I have 7 days to find a place to live until first paycheck, and if I don't, I can't do the work so I can't get the job.

If these fucking clowns ruined my only escape from a lifetime of living on the streets and couch surfing, I may self-destruct.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Well, my district cancelled all non essential events for students and staff alike until at least April.

Quote from: altered on March 11, 2020, 06:53:37 AM

I have 7 days to find a place to live until first paycheck, and if I don't, I can't do the work so I can't get the job.

If these fucking clowns ruined my only escape from a lifetime of living on the streets and couch surfing, I may self-destruct.

I'm wishing you luck, man.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Quote from: Juana on March 12, 2020, 11:12:53 PM
Well, my district cancelled all non essential events for students and staff alike until at least April.

Quote from: altered on March 11, 2020, 06:53:37 AM

I'm wishing you luck, man.

As if by magic, with your wishing of luck comes SUCCESS.

I'm set! Oh yes!!!
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

is it working out?? can't tell if that's joy or gallows humor. Fingers are crossed into pretzels for you, altered

Juana

What Cram said. I'm hoping my words were magically helpful.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

They ACTUALLY WERE.

Within an hour of you sending that post I had NOT ONE but TWO places to go. Texas or Michigan so only one was an actual choice BUT! BUT!!!

No sarcasm no joke, I'm good to go!

Cramulus

LMNO

altered

I'm excited for me too!

Also, and TWJ and Cram will probably get a kick out of this...

Shitty roommate named her new houseplant Eris to get even with me (she knew I was a Discordian and probably thought I was fully woo-cordian and would be offended).

Things are already Going On. Microwave fires.  Cat food going bad for no reason (and the cats know and avoid it). Electrical disturbances that conveniently only affect her room and the kitchen (which is beside her room).

And I tell you now I have had absolutely nothing to do with this. Not in a ha-ha sense, either. I literally have been asleep for most of it and only see the aftermaths.

She's getting what she deserves in the most hilarious way possible.

Juana

Welp, my district is closing for the next month. At least California is offering emergency unemployment.

Cain

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on March 13, 2020, 09:51:12 PM
I'm excited for me too!
Huzzah!

Shitty roommate named her new houseplant Eris to get even with me (she knew I was a Discordian and probably thought I was fully woo-cordian and would be offended).
It would be weird if you were to pray to the plant, and give it tiny offerings of compost.

Houseplants are usually planted in potting soil, which is already very high in organic matter; this makes compost a gift of questionable utility.  A better offering would be some nice silt, perhaps with a little clay mixed in (err on the sandy side if Eris is a cactus).  Eris might also enjoy some nitrogen fertilizer.

When praying to Eris, try to avoid making eye contact with meristematic tissue.

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.