News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 18, 2020, 09:10:11 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 18, 2020, 08:39:37 PM
Hey well we've just decided to close down our schools. I mean, today. And England only after Wales and Scotland already said they couldn't afford to keep the schools open any more.

Our closure is "until further notice", so no idea on when it's going to be over.

Our species' epitaph should be "We should let it work its way through the population" or maybe "It's a hoax."

This also works:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I escaped Chicago, and am now in middle of nowhere Michigan. My body is trying to murder me (digestive, I am not COVID-devoured) and my brain is slow and the technology is failing, but there will be phone calls and training soon. Works out.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bruno

Starting Monday, we have to have our temperature scanned before we can  come in to work. Anything 99+ gets sent home on PTO.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Blocked on Facebook for 30 days.  Offending post section was blank.  Blocked from asking for a review.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 21, 2020, 03:38:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2020, 03:35:58 AM
Can someone please put up an announcement on my page?
Sure.

Seriously.  The help screen showed the offending post as blank and won't allow a review.

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2020, 03:38:55 AM
Sure.

Seriously.  The help screen showed the offending post as blank and won't allow a review.

It's done. My exact wording was

Sooo...  Hamish has been once again put in FB jail. Gonna be a 30 day sit down apparently. I hear they didn't even have a post in the field for why they did it. Just letting you all know.

Sounds like some straight up bullshit. I had a weird experience last night. My brother was playing video games with some friends over the internet. He started talking about some deep conspiracy shit I don't care to repeat here. Suddenly a voice comes on his phone, like a computerized sounding voice. It called out our entire address. Even the other folks playing heard it over the mic. Very creepy feeling.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 21, 2020, 03:53:51 AM
Sure.

Sooo...  Hamish has been once again put in FB jail. Gonna be a 30 day sit down apparently. I hear they didn't even have a post in the field for why they did it. Just letting you all know.

Sounds like some straight up bullshit. I had a weird experience last night. My brother was playing video games with some friends over the internet. He started talking about some deep conspiracy shit I don't care to repeat here. Suddenly a voice comes on his phone, like a computerized sounding voice. It called out our entire address. Even the other folks playing heard it over the mic. Very creepy feeling.

You know, I've gotten a lot less "direct" as I get older.

That being said, if I ever meet a facebook mod, they're gonna have a really bad time.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 21, 2020, 03:58:41 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 21, 2020, 03:53:51 AM
Sure.

You know, I've gotten a lot less "direct" as I get older.

That being said, if I ever meet a facebook mod, they're gonna have a really bad time.

I don't blame you. I've got a certain sense of vengeance myself. I don't even dress it up as justice. Fuck an eye for an eye. I'm more like the old if they send one of ours to the hospital we send six to the morgue. If it's time, might as well be overkill.

I try very hard to be a "decent" person, but I have a feeling that a season for doing very bad things and setting scores will soon be upon us as folks realize in ever greater numbers that they almost literally have nothing left to lose. Part of me feels dread, part of me is practically salivating in anticipation.

Mostly I just need more sleep than I've been getting.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Since FB sent all their mod staff home, I wonder if this was just auto-flagged and banned?

It might explain both there being no reason (the bot can't select one) and why you can't appeal (there's no-one to read them). I'm not defending FB in any way, just trying to figure out why this time is different.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on March 21, 2020, 04:27:44 AM
Since FB sent all their mod staff home, I wonder if this was just auto-flagged and banned?

It might explain both there being no reason (the bot can't select one) and why you can't appeal (there's no-one to read them). I'm not defending FB in any way, just trying to figure out why this time is different.

I figure that's probably the case, given the other day, but fuck 'em anyway.
Molon Lube

Cain