Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 10:59:33 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2020, 04:18:55 AM
Apparently, what I had for the last few days was not the plague, but a garden variety bug.

Glad you're feeling better!

Here's something I haven't seen much discussed yet - the people who have already had the virus--they are now immune, right? Are they also not contageous?

Too early to tell if there's reincidence or immunity. I wonder if one can be a recovered carrier of it and simultaneously being susceptible to reincidence, sounds contradictory.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Apparently one can be a carrier for 14 days after being "cured"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

also, anybody keeping tabs on antivax communities? curious what they're talking about right now, I bet it's a real high pitched eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise.

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 02:47:42 PM
also, anybody keeping tabs on antivax communities? curious what they're talking about right now, I bet it's a real high pitched eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise.

Hopefully it's about how they've only thus far avoided being beaten with sticks due to social distancing.

Doktor Howl

My test came back negative.  I just had the sinus bug that's going around.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 02:47:42 PM

I think that just went out of style, except for the GLP/Qanon contingent.
Molon Lube

Faust

They are being really quiet about it. If a vaccine is developed and the facts put in front of them are literally: If you dont take this you may die, it undermines a lot of their arguments about their kids being harmed by the vaccine when the alternative is death directly, which they dont believe will happen for mumps or rubella (even though we had 34 deaths last year in Ireland for mumps and one moron got rubella last month and had his house blockaded so he couldnt bring his kids to school.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Johnny

I think their discourse is gonna get dragged into "bio-weapon" territory.

-B.F. Skinner

Frontside Back

I've heard vaccines are actually just heroine overdose to euthanize democrats.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

Good to hear you don't have the rona, Roger!

I'm still seeing SOME activity from the antivax types but much less. The occasional peep and that's about it.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on March 23, 2020, 08:06:29 PM
Good to hear you don't have the rona, Roger!

I'm still seeing SOME activity from the antivax types but much less. The occasional peep and that's about it.

It's a hard knock life for willing plague vectors.  Reality has a way of crushing fashion.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: altered on March 21, 2020, 12:21:34 AM
I escaped Chicago, and am now in middle of nowhere Michigan. My body is trying to murder me (digestive, I am not COVID-devoured) and my brain is slow and the technology is failing, but there will be phone calls and training soon. Works out.

How's it going up there? You all situated?

altered

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 11:16:15 PM
Quote from: altered on March 21, 2020, 12:21:34 AM
I escaped Chicago, and am now in middle of nowhere Michigan. My body is trying to murder me (digestive, I am not COVID-devoured) and my brain is slow and the technology is failing, but there will be phone calls and training soon. Works out.

How's it going up there? You all situated?

There's logistical madness: this is a three bedroom home and soon will have *deep breath*

Me
My friend
My friend's mother and stepfather
My friend's brother
My friend's sister and her husband

Trying to live in it together without going insane.

We have wildly incompatible sleep patterns. A narcoleptic, two with non-24 but on opposite cyclic points, two late nighters who otherwise are normal, and two early birds who otherwise are normal.

Everyone works from home except the stepfather and the brother and technically me. I need to have WFH space set aside and a sleeping situation suited to my sleep disorder. Noise isolation does not exist.

It is chaos.

It's still better than the streets, and I eat like royalty. So you know, good stuff, just high stress.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The antivaxxer I know has it. She's also got asthma and another condition that puts her at higher risk.

She went to the grocery store AGAIN.