News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

do you cats have strong feelings about the tossing of links to this forum up on the zuckerweb?

Faust

I vote go for it, its one of the most linked places for stuff here anyway
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

I've been waiting for the green light on this  for a long time...
:dream:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

LMNO

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LMNO on April 06, 2020, 10:03:48 PM
I mean, Sturgeon's law and all that, but sure.

googled it. I'm going to do direct invites to hand selected friends and acquaintances to filter out as much crap as possible, but many of them will be rather mystical minded. Talent is talent and I'm not what you would call ontological-picky so much as a judge of character and a procurer of good faith effort.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

I have finished my interviews. Everyone sounds extremely excited to have me, and the general vibe seems to be phrasing "this is happening, so" stuff as "in case this is happening" stuff for CYA purposes.

They work like, "here's an offer you can take from us," too, so the job is probably guaranteed, considering.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

oh awesome!! glad to hear it!

How's the home situation, still good over there?

altered

All of the extras left except me, so it's four people in three bedrooms, as God intended. Finding time for a store run (have to do it when the old assholes aren't out in force but also while it's still open?) has been tough, so casual eating food is not a thing. But otherwise it's been smooth sailing.

My friend who got my life on a good fucking track for once hasn't been doing so hot: the shitty white girl roommates rearranged the apartment to have a fucking YOGA STUDIO in the living room, but have the idiocy to bitch that my friend should self isolate because he was on a deserted train for an hour. Also, the dishes situation got so foul that he took to hoarding clean dishes in his room for his own sanity.

He hasn't slept in a while, and tonight I'm helping him set up throttling on my router I left with him, so that he can say that it is bed time and disconnect the TV if they decide they need a movie party on a work night. Which has been three nights running.

The fucking monsters invite their friends over. In fucking Pilsen. The part of Chicago that is basically a cloud of fucking death right now. To yell at night. When they know the only person with temporarily steady employment has work in the morning.

Bright side: the terrible monster beast who moved in and started this shit show is going to be out just in time for me to move back in. They'll need me to, too, because rent will need paying and they won't be able to manage it without my help.

See, one is doing WFH for a nonprofit that does work that absolutely needs physical presence so she is doomed to being laid off, the other works for an event ticket resale company so he's out of work inevitably too.

I, on the other hand, can pay everyone's rent, utilities and food and still have money to stash away or use to help support others, once I get my health and sanity shit together. So. They need me. And White Girl is going to just have to deal with the awkwardness.

I might be a bad person for enjoying the irony that the one who was so willing to toss me out on the street will very probably be relying on me to not be headed that way herself, but I do not care.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

So I've gone and set up a nice 100 participant hosting situation on Zoom that I call Joe's Club House. If any of you want to chill and I'm not using the room for a private gathering PM me for the room access number. I can pretty much just leave my feed up so that the room can stay open for 24 hrs at a time or even designate a host if I'm AFK for an extended period. Zoom is not all that secure and at least as bad as FB about selling personal info, but it's a public space to gather. As I begin to do more advanced gatherings I will probably sell tickets, require a small fee, or collect club dues to provide a small income, offset costs, and expand operations. I'm thinking about setting up virtual markets, dojos, places to drink and party, concerts, gaming rooms, and all manner of other things to get people back together.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Yay Altered!!!

If I never install drywall and mud it again, I will die happy. My shoulders and back are fucked up enough as it is.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

So I did not get the job. There's another position possibly, but I hate that my luck seems to go this way. Repeatedly. Everything is fine, perfect even, and then outside forces conspire.

Cramulus

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

ahhhhhh shit altered!!! It sounded so sure -- I'm really sorry to hear that. fuuuuck.

The Wizard Joseph

Fuck altered I'm sorry to hear that.  :| I know exactly the feeling that you get when everything seems to be in motion only to find it going down the drain. Keep on trying is the only thing I can encourage you with. Hang in there.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on April 06, 2020, 09:34:34 PM
do you cats have strong feelings about the tossing of links to this forum up on the zuckerweb?

I've been directly linking to this board for 7 years straight.
Molon Lube