News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Password bounced.

After that little exercise in frustration, I am not joining a group that has a password.  Period, stop, the end.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

sorry. i am resending. I don't have a choice about the password or id. it changes whenever the room closes, and it closed on me while i was out
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2020, 12:08:39 AM
sorry. i am resending. I don't have a choice about the password or id. it changes whenever the room closes, and it closed on me while i was out

You don't need to have a password.  This is in fact the first zoom I've seen where I needed to enter one.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 10, 2020, 12:10:27 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 10, 2020, 12:08:39 AM

You don't need to have a password.  This is in fact the first zoom I've seen where I needed to enter one.

I'll see if I have a thing in my settings. I am still new to this.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cain

Doktor Howl

From the chat with TWJ

"Eating a brat at the Mars Cheese Castle in Kenosha is like reading an Albert Camus novel."
- Howl
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

So I was born when rotary phones were a thing, and I am talking to TWJ on a video phone while we use our pocket supercomputers to look up episodes from science fiction stories that we have largely already eclipsed from a technological point of view.

This universe is defective.   :lol:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 06, 2020, 08:35:21 PM
I am absolutely geeking out! I have been adding total randos on FB for over a month now both to salt my friend list and to expand my influence and connections over time. turns out one of those randos is in the same martial arts school as my old sensei and they know each other well! The hand of the Goddess is pulling some strings. The school is called Hoshin and was founded by one Doc Morris, and HE was an OG Discordian that basically applied the chaos magic principal to martial arts in a way that produced a sort of esoteric MMA. I'm fucking STOKED!!

:magick: :pax:
okay this sounds fascinating. Can you send me some links?
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Juana on April 08, 2020, 11:35:39 PM
If I started a thread for my adventures in infusing booze, would there be any interest?
oh heck yea, this sounds awesome
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

"I only have one person in my head but he's an ASSHOLE."
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

On debate politics dot com:

"None of you people understand the genius of Victor Davis Hanson."

This was said by someone with a totally straight face.
Molon Lube