News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 13, 2020, 08:31:38 PM
On a less pleasant point, I now know what my grandfather did from December 1944 - June 1947.

I mean, I'm proud of him, but it's not pleasant.  He basically helped shut down death camps for a few months, then spent the rest of the time rounding up escaped guards and SS officers for their necktie parties.

His records mention that he is almost unique in the fact that nobody had accidents in his custody, and all lived to meet the hangman.  I always remember him as being cold blooded, but that's a whole new level.

(Note:  This is not the terrible old man.  This was my other grandfather, who died in 1990.)

War isn't pleasant. Especially that goddamn war.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Scrid, dust off a bottle of that wicked old, potentially contaminated champagne.

I just paid off the first of 4 student loans.

The last 2 are federal, and will probably follow me to the grave, but goddamnit, I'm taking this small victory.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2020, 04:16:03 AM
Congratulations, Suu.  I got you something.

hxxps://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/my-facebook-friends-are-laughing-at-me.357832/

Oh hale yes, I lurve these types.

QuoteAnd when they start starving they will remember you... They will remember you were buying food... They will come begging borrowing and stealing because you talked. Loose lips sink ships. NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

You cannot change what has been done, but you can shore up your opsec by not revealing what you have to anyone else and hopefully you have a secondary location for some of your supplies.

Oh man. OH MAN.

Quote"Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

:lulz:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on April 15, 2020, 04:32:34 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2020, 04:16:03 AM
Congratulations, Suu.  I got you something.

hxxps://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/my-facebook-friends-are-laughing-at-me.357832/

Oh hale yes, I lurve these types.

QuoteAnd when they start starving they will remember you... They will remember you were buying food... They will come begging borrowing and stealing because you talked. Loose lips sink ships. NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED.

You cannot change what has been done, but you can shore up your opsec by not revealing what you have to anyone else and hopefully you have a secondary location for some of your supplies.

Oh man. OH MAN.

That place has aged well.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Quote from: Suu on April 15, 2020, 01:23:39 AM
Scrid, dust off a bottle of that wicked old, potentially contaminated champagne.

The last 2 are federal, and will probably follow me to the grave, but goddamnit, I'm taking this small victory.

GO SUUUU!! That's such a good feeling.

When I made my final student loan payment, I intentionally overpaid by 5 cents.

Then they can't close your account until your balance is 0, so they mailed me a check for 5 cents.
Receiving a check from Sallie Mae felt incredible. I still have it.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on April 15, 2020, 01:25:06 PM
Quote from: Suu on April 15, 2020, 01:23:39 AM

GO SUUUU!! That's such a good feeling.

Then they can't close your account until your balance is 0, so they mailed me a check for 5 cents.

:lulz: :lulz: I could be wrong, but I think that they still can't close the account until you actually cash it and complete the transaction.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Richter

Grats! 

Quote from: Cramulus on April 15, 2020, 01:25:06 PM

:mittens:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Wizard Joseph

Just posted this to FB. Gonna share it to several groups too.

This is one of my poems. T.W. Joseph is my pen name. Feel free to toss it around. They're FREE, and you effectively get to keep the one you toss! Just google "ERIS" if you don't know the name. It may not all make sense at first, but just keep learning about Her and a lot of things about the world begin to click into place
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Just for the record I want to say that I consider limericks to be the coronaviruses of the poetry world, and myself a memetic, hermetic, heretic, terrorist of sorts that has figured out that you can accomplish some TERRIBLE things and never once break any enforceable laws in a "free society". I love my work.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

My grandmother's funeral mass was livestreamed on Zoom today.

Funerals are weird.

Funerals during a pandemic are extra weird.

Funerals during a pandemic on Zoom are surreal.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

LMNO

Cramulus

Yeah that's a uniquely terrible and surreal 2020 experience, sorry to hear it

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."