News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 18, 2020, 03:47:22 PM
My computer is dead and typing on my phone sucks. I'm working during the pandemic and buying a condo with my girlfriend. Cramulus promised me dildos if I came back here. Be well spags.

1.  Is she aware of your awful driving?

2.  Cramulan promises are worth the latex they are formed from.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Um, way to welcome me back hours early and dunk on my joke.  Sons of bitches.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 18, 2020, 03:47:22 PM
My computer is dead and typing on my phone sucks. I'm working during the pandemic and buying a condo with my girlfriend. Cramulus promised me dildos if I came back here. Be well spags.

I promised you dildoes

but remember that you must always phrase your wish very carefully

welcome back you piece of shit

Juana

The thing I hate most about this is that I can't check up on my kids. There's a couple I'm worried about for various reasons.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Q. G. Pennyworth

To the surprise of utterly no one, I have helium handed my dumb ass into a lead organizer position in the local covid mutual aid group.

Poetry night is Friday 8pm Eastern, ping me for a link.

Cramulus

I am not surprised  :lulz:

I would love to know more about mutual aid groups and what they're up to right now.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cramulus on April 21, 2020, 10:15:31 PM
I am not surprised  :lulz:

I would love to know more about mutual aid groups and what they're up to right now.

For the most part groups are either working with or being run by the usual DSA and anarchist suspects, with a good mix of other Antifa and leftists. Generally the focus has been on getting grocery delivery going for people isolated due to vulnerability or illness (the former who can't risk getting sick, and the latter who can't risk getting others sick), and connecting folks with formal assistance. Some places are more vocal in their support for rent strikes than others. I'm in a weird group that is kinda working with the city, but only in the sense that we are telling them what's what and they're grateful there's an adult in the room. Some groups are letting the city call all the shots, and others can't imagine cooperating with anyone. We're also working to connect wealthier communities with ones in greater need to redistribute resources.

I would take a look on google and facebook for your local area. There may also be posters going up.

Juana

That's more or less what mine is up to, as well as checking in on people.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

I've been away from the forum for stress reasons. Sometimes I need to forget the world is burning. Here, it's as easy as not opening the wrong websites — unfortunately, including this one. Sorry.

It's just that some days I can choose to either avoid the news, have a mental breakdown, or become a sociopath. Flipping the empathy switch off is something easy to do for me, and hard to undo: I hope you understand.

For those of you having stress, QGP has my number and I trust almost all of you to use it well if you need it, just PM me. I can't do a goddamn thing but try my best to hold up folks who have done a fuck ton for me. I'm not excellent at that. I'm not great at a lot of things. But if putting the goddamn effort in and having way too much empathy helps, know that I'm here.

I'm also great at geeking out about random shit extremely intensely, and being an interested listener for the same. So if you just want some low grade escapism, I'm good for that too.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on April 22, 2020, 09:29:34 AM
I've been away from the forum for stress reasons. Sometimes I need to forget the world is burning. Here, it's as easy as not opening the wrong websites — unfortunately, including this one. Sorry.

It's just that some days I can choose to either avoid the news, have a mental breakdown, or become a sociopath. Flipping the empathy switch off is something easy to do for me, and hard to undo: I hope you understand.

For those of you having stress, QGP has my number and I trust almost all of you to use it well if you need it, just PM me. I can't do a goddamn thing but try my best to hold up folks who have done a fuck ton for me. I'm not excellent at that. I'm not great at a lot of things. But if putting the goddamn effort in and having way too much empathy helps, know that I'm here.

I'm also great at geeking out about random shit extremely intensely, and being an interested listener for the same. So if you just want some low grade escapism, I'm good for that too.

For my part I very much enjoy our chats in the zoom room. I should be up most of the day after 10 central or so.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Today I discovered that sucking on a clove makes my tongue go slightly numb, and also makes me nauseous.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Juana

I kinda have abandoned zoom bc their whole "40m time limit for EVERYONE!" *Oprah-esque arm waving* do you have a non basic account, Joseph?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Juana on April 22, 2020, 05:24:39 PM
I kinda have abandoned zoom bc their whole "40m time limit for EVERYONE!" *Oprah-esque arm waving* do you have a non basic account, Joseph?

Yeah. I shell out $16 a month or so for a 1 host 100 person room that I can keep open indefinitely and run it sort of like a club, opening and closing daily. PM me and I can give you the code if you like.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 22, 2020, 05:42:13 PM
Quote from: Juana on April 22, 2020, 05:24:39 PM

Yeah. I shell out $16 a month or so for a 1 host 100 person room that I can keep open indefinitely and run it sort of like a club, opening and closing daily. PM me and I can give you the code if you like.

Juana, this is really a lot of fun, especially on Friday.
Molon Lube