News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 30, 2020, 02:24:11 AM
Quote from: altered on April 30, 2020, 02:03:16 AM
In a shocking turn of events, my only plan (Texas) imploded one hour after I last posted. I had to cancel the ticket, it is not and will never be an option, and the worst part is I can't even be mad: it was an emergency that has nothing to do with me, there just won't be anyone there.

So I have to find an option for May 7th still.

I had the only service that didn't outright tell me to ask elsewhere try not to laugh when I asked about their waiting list. I called a few crisis lines and was told by all of them that there is no solution. None. Period.

Anyone have any ideas, places to call, resources to dig into that Google isn't giving me?

Will also accept any sort of call. I'm stuck in my head and it's a fucked up place, I need an escape.

Zoom room is open and you're always welcome. Not sure I can be of any help Absolutely certain I can do nothing effective and am myself pretty fucked up inside, but I'm around.

Zoom is saying host needs to start the meeting. Can you throw me what it says the number is, just in case?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 30, 2020, 12:37:05 AM
[quote author=T̼̞̼ͅr̳̬̤̖̱͚̮̘̜̦̦i̲̩̝͕̣̲̪v̺͇̫̯͉͖͈͖͔̺̰̣͉̟̻̫̭i̦̖Q link=topic=38784.msg1438645#msg1438645 date=1588193367]
Quote from: Juana on April 29, 2020, 08:32:57 PM
TriviQ, you can't say that and not tell the story! *Chin hands* spill the tea!

Hooray for money, Alter!! I'm sorry to hear TX is a temporary solution tho.

I'm not sure how to explain it in an interesting way, it's not like poopslosions that occur with Roger's work. 

That was years ago.  Today we heated a stuffed bison to 101.7 F as a test.

[/quote]

I am confused and intrigued as to why.

Quote from: altered on April 30, 2020, 02:03:16 AM
In a shocking turn of events, my only plan (Texas) imploded one hour after I last posted. I had to cancel the ticket, it is not and will never be an option, and the worst part is I can't even be mad: it was an emergency that has nothing to do with me, there just won't be anyone there.

So I have to find an option for May 7th still.

I had the only service that didn't outright tell me to ask elsewhere try not to laugh when I asked about their waiting list. I called a few crisis lines and was told by all of them that there is no solution. None. Period.

Anyone have any ideas, places to call, resources to dig into that Google isn't giving me?

Will also accept any sort of call. I'm stuck in my head and it's a fucked up place, I need an escape.
I am so sorry, Alt. Wish I could help more directly beyond, like, a discord call.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

I need to figure out when I can safely go see my parents. Jephph is now fully banned from travel until June 30th, so the fleeting chance we still had to go to the UK is gone at this point, and I need to get on all those fun refunds and reschedulings and it's giving me horrid anxiety.

Dad had to go back to work because the DoD said so, and that's okay because they're out of money. So out of money that I'm Venmoing my mom cash for food. My brother is useless, and my dad travels in addition to being physically disabled, so mom needs serious help around the house. With my sister and BIL being essential, they can't come over, but I'm not working, but also 4 hours away. Some things will have to wait until Jeff can get over there, but for the most part, I can help mom with some pretty tough shit.

Florida is starting its 4 stage program next week, similar to what CA is doing, but probably stupider. DeSantis came out SHOOK today, so I think our Surgeon General, after getting kicked out of the last meeting, took him out back to the woodshed and laid into him.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on April 30, 2020, 02:40:32 AM

I am confused and intrigued as to why.

Because that was its body temperature when alive.

And we need that for the sorting software test.
Molon Lube

altered

I went outside, and somewhere in the distance is this unending ghostly fucking wail, changing pitch randomly, never pausing. Off in that direction is a horrible weird orange light, not like sodium lamps, more reddish.

The local lighthouse is off in that direction, and it's light is off. The orange light is far lower to the ground, closer, and brighter to the eye cause it's not reflecting off of the clouds and dust. It is not a fire: it is perfectly steady and has no yellow, looks more like inside of a hot gas forge. One the size of a house.

The whole thing has a UFO feeling, crossed with a demonic summoning.

I've been out here fifteen minutes and it has not so much as paused, and it's hitting the same five chords in random order.

The sound (but not the light) is moving around, and it just got closer, so I'm going inside.

To be clear, I made it inside and locked the door before sending this. At no point did I attempt to investigate it, beyond looking to see if that light was a fire. I did not approach. So, you know, if I don't post tomorrow it doesn't respect horror movie rules.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Quote from: altered on April 30, 2020, 06:17:30 AM
I went outside, and somewhere in the distance is this unending ghostly fucking wail, changing pitch randomly, never pausing. Off in that direction is a horrible weird orange light, not like sodium lamps, more reddish.

The local lighthouse is off in that direction, and it's light is off. The orange light is far lower to the ground, closer, and brighter to the eye cause it's not reflecting off of the clouds and dust. It is not a fire: it is perfectly steady and has no yellow, looks more like inside of a hot gas forge. One the size of a house.

I've been out here fifteen minutes and it has not so much as paused, and it's hitting the same five chords in random order.

The sound (but not the light) is moving around, and it just got closer, so I'm going inside.

To be clear, I made it inside and locked the door before sending this. At no point did I attempt to investigate it, beyond looking to see if that light was a fire. I did not approach. So, you know, if I don't post tomorrow it doesn't respect horror movie rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMcFOfouVk4

NYC transformer fire couple years ago... anything like it?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

With the lockdown the poor thing is probably desperate for attention.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2020, 10:45:40 AM

"If you're cold, they're cold. Let demonic screaming UFOs inside."

hooplala

Jesus. Anything in the local news about it?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2020, 01:10:50 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 30, 2020, 10:45:40 AM

"If you're cold, they're cold. Let demonic screaming UFOs inside."

Here ya go. is an meme! FOIA application accepted.Thanks Obama.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

In order:

Not a transformer fire for sure: it was explicitly red-orange light, low to the ground, motionless and not flickering. The sound was not tinny or buzzy at all, it sounded like a choir that were hitting notes on the chromatic scale, or trying to sing The Rite of Spring or Prometheus or some other freaky orchestral piece full of synthetic chords. And the sound did move. It was my first thought, though!

Not a cold evening, sorry to say.

No such thing as local news here: this is the area where the exurbs become the rural. I would be the one to report it, probably, given it was on the property of the folks hosting me  and it's unlikely anyone else noticed a weird sound and light at 1AM.

Cain

TWJ, I approve.

And it may not have been cold for us, but for aliens? Who can say.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

hooplala

Quote from: Juana on April 30, 2020, 05:24:24 PM
That is some high weirdness.

Definitely. I guess it's not a UFO since it sounds like it wasn't flying, but it's something.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman