News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

It would be the frequency band just before the 0.1 on the X axis. You can see two large areas with me silent for most of them and saying something in the middle. That band cuts out just before the first one of the pauses (on the bottom, where it moved away and stopped being picked up, "Not having much luck there") and is very strong during the second ("It's very loud right now").

Edit: re read your post and you already said that.

In my defense, low blood sugar.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 01, 2020, 07:44:26 PM
Here's a spectrogram.  The intermittent horizontal lines are altered speaking.  The vertical line at around 0.07 is likely the unknown sound.

Matlab isn't the best tool for this, and I'm running out of lunch break, but I can take a whack at isolating the sound after work, if no-one beats me to it.

interesting. I ran an analysis of the spectrogram using http://fotoforensics.com/, here it is.

Cramulus

going deeper...

I used https://compress-or-die.com/ to separate that image into different channels. Buckle your fuckin seat belts, the 'compression view' came out looking like this.

Cramulus

alright, I think we're finally getting to the root of it...

The Wizard Joseph

:drama1:
This shit happening on PD is better than the X-files.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

Quote from: Cramulus on May 01, 2020, 08:14:22 PM

Has anyone made this one pop yet? Cause my eyes are getting tired.

*goes back to staring at the thing cross-eyed*

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: LuciferX on May 01, 2020, 08:32:26 PM

Hint: It's a popular topical image used throughout human history
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: LuciferX on May 01, 2020, 08:32:26 PM

I can see *something* but cannot decide what it is. Knowing Cram and this forum it's likely goatse. Btw, I think this thread should be split, and I FUCKING LOVE IT.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Doktor Howl

Is that the new PDX carpet?
Molon Lube

Cramulus

Hang on, you're right, we need to depolarize the voxels so that each channel shows the correct gains.

Let me run the data again...

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

Quote from: Cramulus on May 01, 2020, 09:31:44 PM
Hang on, you're right, we need to depolarize the voxels so that each channel shows the correct gains.

Let me run the data again...

If you really want to make the carpet a 70's look, id much prefer avocado-puke than shit-asbestos pls.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cramulus

Quote from: Hoopla! on May 01, 2020, 09:39:08 PM
Well, there ya go.  :lol:

right? when I interpolated the Gruber effect, the flange output was obvious---we're dealing with a class three, right here

Cain

The Wizard Joseph

Hang on I... I just need a few more minutes with Cram's data. Wouldn't want to overlook anything.
:rbtg: :fap: :fap:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl