News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on May 24, 2020, 07:26:38 PM
So I got an email on Tuesday after lunch from a principal, telling me he was doing interviews starting Wednesday and asking if I was interested. I replied late in the evening that I was but requested Thursday/Friday and haven't heard from him since. It's not really a school I actively want to work at but rn it's very "beggars can't be choosers" and the staff is apparently great, according to an acquaintance who works there. I'm debating the merits of a follow up email in case it got lost in his inbox.

Do it.  If he's not interested, there's no harm done. 
Molon Lube

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 24, 2020, 07:29:41 PM
Quote from: Juana on May 24, 2020, 07:26:38 PM
So I got an email on Tuesday after lunch from a principal, telling me he was doing interviews starting Wednesday and asking if I was interested. I replied late in the evening that I was but requested Thursday/Friday and haven't heard from him since. It's not really a school I actively want to work at but rn it's very "beggars can't be choosers" and the staff is apparently great, according to an acquaintance who works there. I'm debating the merits of a follow up email in case it got lost in his inbox.

Do it.  If he's not interested, there's no harm done. 
Yeah, I went ahead and did it. 🤷‍♀️
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Welp. What I'm hearing from my sister wrt what my district might look like next year would destroy me financially. I'm gonna be fighting to get hired and/or looking to go back to a tech track like I was considering a few years ago.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Fujikoma

I snapped my right clavicle today, perhaps Karma is real. Damn this shit  hurts but it's, doable.

Cramulus

Quote from: Juana on May 27, 2020, 01:41:44 AM
Welp. What I'm hearing from my sister wrt what my district might look like next year would destroy me financially. I'm gonna be fighting to get hired and/or looking to go back to a tech track like I was considering a few years ago.

Ugh, that sucks! I don't know the context though, what kind of district?
what kind of tech work do you want to (potentially) do (as a last resort)?

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 27, 2020, 08:31:47 AM
I snapped my right clavicle today, perhaps Karma is real. Damn this shit  hurts but it's, doable.

How the hell did you break your clavicle? let me guess -- doing scooter tricks while lipsyncing Ice Ice Baby, for Tik Tok

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 24, 2020, 04:25:32 PM
Yeah,  you know what? You win. It's senseless for me to continue. It simply is not worth it. Not because I'm scared, but because, if no one wants me here, me saying more dumb shit is pointless. There's a billion other communities  that actually appreciate my input, I should  go back to those. So yeah, going the fuck away.

Quote from: Fujikoma on May 27, 2020, 08:31:47 AM

You lied.  You said you were leaving, but you're still here.  You should post in those communities that "appreciate" your input, instead.  I don't care if you're in pain or not, just shut up and go away.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Juana

Quote from: Cramulus on May 27, 2020, 01:33:57 PM
Quote from: Juana on May 27, 2020, 01:41:44 AM

Ugh, that sucks! I don't know the context though, what kind of district?
what kind of tech work do you want to (potentially) do (as a last resort)?
I'm a substitute teacher and I work for one of the local school districts. QA would be the easiest thing to get my foot in the door for.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Caught a face full of pepper spray. How was your week?

altered

The nation burning gives me hope. Which is the weirdest fucking sentence.

Aside from the pepper spray, how's things?
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Still processing yesterday honestly. Getty photographer got in my face while I was getting cleaned off, some asshole was setting off fireworks, apparently someone had an allergic reaction to all the pepper in the air and needed to be taken out in a stretcher, but that was after I left. Best thing I did all day was get a cough drop to the black girl blowing her voice out on the megaphone. I feel like an abject failure.

Cramulus

BIG RESPECT for getting out there and getting sprayed, QGP. Don't be hard on yourself, the Good Fight is not all prize fights.

LMNO

I saw your post on FB.  Damn, you've got heart.

Mad respect.

Juana