News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Subpoenaed by Congress, but still refusing to testify

Started by altered, November 21, 2019, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Quote from: altered on July 08, 2020, 06:16:33 PM
I just got chased by a flying, screaming tennis ball of wings and stings.

Cicada killers are awesome, like giant fucking robber flies. This one literally tackled this cicada out of a tree, mashed it's head in the dirt, then flew it in a drunken circle to this perch.

I'd estimate our little murderer is an inch and a half to two inches in length and it politely waited for me to step aside the last time it nearly flew into me: I think it mistook me for a tree!

See attachment.

Oh shit! I think I saw one of those killers the other day, only it was all black. Big fucker, like two inches long (not counting wing tips) crawling on the ground for cover in the underbrush of a palm-like tree. I think it was escaping a swarm of bees overhead. First time I seen one in America.

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on July 08, 2020, 07:52:24 PM
This looks strong though.

This is by some joint with a brick and mortar off interstate 10, not really affiliated

QuotePersonal Retention Lanyard is designed to keep you safely attached to a solid object or vehicle and not release until you need it to. The lanyard is constructed from industrial strength bungee encased in mil spec 1 inch tubular nylon and has been drop tested to well over the weight of a fully equipped operator. The shackle is made of stainless steel and designed to release even under load

ETA: modified time reflect altered tolerance threshold

altered

That 40 lb one is almost exactly what I want. Well, okay, the orange color is not it at all, but I can accept orange and black in a get up of olive and poop colors, it fits well enough.

Massively overkill, easily tied to anything I might want to have it attached to, made to withstand the functional equivalent of a bomb dropping. There is just one small problem.

Keys won't fit on that carabiner. (And the 15lb one has the exact same problem.)

Key RINGS will, but I have a parade of temporary keys that need to be easily clipped on and clipped off. Love the lock and all, but it means keys are SOL unless I mate them to a ring.

Closer though!

Fake edit to say that dipshit is doing as dipshit does and literally sticking his foot exactly where I have been avoiding stepping. Fucking moron.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

minuspace

I think I may need to break-up with bluehost> I think she's been messin' around town on me... does anyone have suggestions for a good and fast internet hosting service not associated with the likes of MoldScruggs and such. Something that does Wordpress quickly, preferably, so I don't have to mirror it. Also need ssh, sql, directory access and the ability to run cron at my discretion. Server load would be mild, but thorough?

altered

I've been trying to look for the name of the kind of carabiner that works for me, and it seems it's called an "HK clip" or "HK style clip". They're relatively flat and have a smallish "hook" part. Very distinctive, very useful.

I wonder if "HK clip" will bring up useful search results? Gonna try.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Success!

https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/26-detachable-lanyard?variant=31228307734622

Stupidly overpriced, but that's an inch thick strap, coarse and heavy material in a tight weave, and the cobra buckles... they're pricey but they're literally unbreakable. More likely to fuse the metal in place than for the retention to fail and release. Hate fastex buckles with a passion, all it takes is a solid jerk to force-release and bust the clip forever.

Thanks for the inspiration, folks!

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: minuspace on July 08, 2020, 08:38:32 PM
I think I may need to break-up with bluehost> I think she's been messin' around town on me... does anyone have suggestions for a good and fast internet hosting service not associated with the likes of MoldScruggs and such. Something that does Wordpress quickly, preferably, so I don't have to mirror it. Also need ssh, sql, directory access and the ability to run cron at my discretion. Server load would be mild, but thorough?
If you post a link to your site, maybe we can provide some advice.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

I have managed, without adding anything to the bag that wasn't in it before, to overload my duffel bag to the 70lb point, and the zippers are all fit to burst.

So I tried to strap it to a luggage cart because I physically cannot lift it, can barely budge it.

One strained knee later, it's upright and sort of moveable. Except I forgot that there are stairs.

My hostess will need to take the duffel downstairs, because asking me to is simply hilariously unrealistic. And then I will need to use my full body weight to move it.

I literally have no idea how this happened.

minuspace

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 08, 2020, 09:41:24 PM

It's down now: white screen of death. Can't even wp-admin in. Trying to restore from backup (which THEY now have to do since the 'upgrade') Will update once it's up again.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: minuspace on July 08, 2020, 11:17:52 PM

It's down now: white screen of death. Can't even wp-admin in. Trying to restore from backup (which THEY now have to do since the 'upgrade') Will update once it's up again.
No rush, my intention was merely to mock and deride.  I'm not actually the kind of person who would help someone who threatens people with imaginary Mongolians.

Let me know if you manage to sort out your screw-up.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on July 09, 2020, 02:41:54 PM
Quote from: minuspace on July 08, 2020, 11:17:52 PM

No rush, my intention was merely to mock and deride.  I'm not actually the kind of person who would help someone who threatens people with imaginary Mongolians.

Let me know if you manage to sort out your screw-up.

LMNO has been threatening me with imaginary Boston thugs for 17 years.  :(
Molon Lube

Cain

But they're real imaginary Boston thugs. These aren't even fake imaginary Mongolians

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on July 09, 2020, 03:07:57 PM
But they're real imaginary Boston thugs. These aren't even fake imaginary Mongolians

Point.
Molon Lube

LMNO

We're no longer calling them "thugs".

They are now "unlicensed involuntary chiropractors".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on July 09, 2020, 03:14:06 PM
We're no longer calling them "thugs".

They are now "unlicensed involuntary chiropractors".

:lulz:

Allegedly unlicensed.  Nobody has in fact ever asked Mr Chop & Mr Scratch for their license.
Molon Lube