News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Compost

Started by Fujikoma, November 30, 2019, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Failure modes... usually when I know an epic failure is inevitable, I give up on panic and step outside myself so I can view the situation objectively. If you're falling out of the sky with no parachute, then chances are you're toast and no amount of screaming "Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!" and flailing your arms is going to save you. No, if you're serious about survival, then you need to let go of your will to live. Look at it as a puzzle and take incremental steps.

"Oh, you know, if I spread my arms and legs I can take advantage of wind resistance and possibly guide my fall. Oh look, a deep body of water. I know if I hit still water at this speed it will be as hard as concrete, so I need something else to hit it first to break the surface up. I can take off a shoe and achieve that, or maybe just throw my cell phone."

Yes, this is an alien process, it flies in the face of the reality of the situation... but it's also possibly the one chance you have to fix things, and panic mode is only applicable when a tiger is trying to eat your face or something and you need to dump adrenaline quickly. Sadly, most hazards we know in the present day are not hazards that can be fought off with an adrenaline dump, the only thing that can save you is quick, clear thinking and moving unquestioningly in the moment.

Fujikoma

The thing that makes Terminator implausible is that a far more likely scenario is machine achieving symbiosis with man, the brain is the only important part, the whole design is flawed from a physical standpoint. Cybernetics will likely advance to the point where we have implanted AI in our brain that assist us in decision-making and problem-solving. Hardly a dystopian idea by itself, it will be dystopian by the time humanity is done with it... in fact, they may have planted cyborgs in our midst with time machines and we didn't even notice, to avert an even greater disaster.

altered

Fujikoma, you are so fucking far removed from the point that I just typed three posts trying to get you on track and gave up, deleted them all.

You have missed the plane, the train, the boat, the bus, the taxi, the bike, the rickshaw. You seem incapable of getting what this is about.

Howl isn't entirely on the same page either yet, I think, but I know we're at least in the same book. You are somewhere way the fuck out there. You've left the classroom, the school, the continent.

Cease. Just... stop.

@Howl, in the state where you should even consider these, trying to think of Maslow's hierarchy is like trying to ponder the majesty of the wide open ocean while you're locked in a casket full of hungry wasps. It's not impossible, but you have bigger problems at hand and they are burning and prickling for your attention. And they have nothing, nothing at all, to do with what you're trying to think about.

If you have had a full-blown mind erasing panic attack before, you know that remembering how to function in the aftermath is impossible. You need guidance on the simplest things. Every mistake made is crushing.

These are all "take only when needed, take antidote as soon as possible" prescriptions. As I continuously have stated. This is not a series for healthy people with good situations. It's for damagecases like me who struggle for every fingerhold they manage to grab onto. And even then, only for use in the worst case scenarios, to keep from slipping FURTHER down.

I intend to keep moving up, but if I want to make progress in the situation I'm in, sometimes it's more important to not risk falling for a little while. To secure everything I have gained, just a bit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Maybe if the only person off the page is you you need to take a moment for some reflection, all due respect, peace.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on November 30, 2019, 08:15:24 PM
Fujikoma, you are so fucking far removed from the point that I just typed three posts trying to get you on track and gave up, deleted them all.

He *always* does this shit.  I am reasonably sure it's fucking deliberate, some kind of passive-aggressive wankery.

When he shows up, your thread is potato.  Every fucking time.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 30, 2019, 08:47:43 PM
Maybe if the only person off the page is you you need to take a moment for some reflection, all due respect, peace.

Just fuck right off, asshole.
Molon Lube

Fujikoma

Hey now, just because I have a different take on the point of Nullified's rants is not enough reason to fuck off. It is a good reason I should stop commenting though, which I will.

Fujikoma

Also most of these threads were potatoes before I showed up, then I say something, there's a kind of bias that describes your method of drawing conclusions. What I say does not make a thread a potato. I'm just watering the fucking potatos.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 30, 2019, 11:56:43 PM
Also most of these threads were potatoes before I showed up,

Fuck off.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Doktor Howl on December 01, 2019, 12:42:38 AM
Quote from: Fujikoma on November 30, 2019, 11:56:43 PM
Also most of these threads were potatoes before I showed up,

Fuck off.

This is the peedee I remember.  :)

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

altered

Just to be clear, there is such a thing as a work open to interpretation.

These have had every word carefully chosen. There is empowerment in the body, because goddamnit if you need these you need every shred you can find, and the coda emphasizes that these are not for general use and will, at best, be barely sufficient. "Can be enough." Enough is not a good thing, it is a sufficient thing. Can is not a certainty, it is a possibility.

And some of them don't even meet that level. The pig is "rarely" enough. The bat offers only a small, warm comfort in the worst of all scenarios, and explicitly states it should never be enough.

Even the animals chosen! Disgusting, horrible creatures. Most are associated with horror genres, one is just unkillable, one is horrible to observe in real life for most people. They were chosen to evoke disgust.

They are open to interpretation, but some interpretations are so far off base that it's unimaginable how someone could be reading the same piece. Howl and I might be suffering from me misusing my words some. I'm open to that. I'm not perfect and these have been a thing I do to bring myself down from stress.

Fujikoma is hallucinating. His interpretation is not reflected anywhere in the work he's interpreting. Even his response to my clarifications shows he has absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. And the Terminator diarrhea pile is so irrelevant I can't even draw a through line to it.

To put it another way, it would be like someone watching a Star Trek film who says to you: "this is okay, but where are the Gundams? I heard Darth Vader's Gundam is sick!"

I have a couple more meditations almost ready. Hopefully we can find a way to split Fujikoma's drivel out. Howl's back and forth with me I think is a useful bit of commentary, however, and I'd like to keep it. I think there's value in having it here as a reminder of what I am specifically trying not to do with this.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Fujikoma

Welcome to the concept of community.

chaotic neutral observer

A thread split seems like a good idea.  Everything from reply #15 onward, I think.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Fujikoma

Yeah to be honest, the whole worm rant is totally good shit and should be preserved as one continuous work.

altered

Thanks, evil overlords!