News:

Testamonial:  "My god, you people are depressing."

Main Menu

Upset Them

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, December 02, 2019, 05:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I know some of my friends are having a rough go of it right now. Some of you are having trouble thinking of reasons to wake up tomorrow. It's that time of year, it's okay.

I want to remind you that you should keep taking care of your meatsack and keep living, not because I would be sad without you or the world would be a darker place or whatever sappy bullshit you can get off of an inspirational poster. Nope, I'm here to remind you that you should live because it will piss off someone who deserves to be mad.

Listen, you're a weirdo. You don't fit in the mold and you never did. There are people who love you for that, but there are also people out there who get in a snit about it. There are people who wake up angry every day just knowing that there are people like YOU in the world. These people get their undies in a bind about you just going about your life being your best self. Fuck them. You should live because it upsets them. You should live to spoil their rotten view of how things are supposed to be.

And sure, you can live for the other weirdos, so they can see you in the distance and know they are not alone in this world, that there are others who are making a go of it in the wilderness, surviving in spite of everything. But the burden of their expectations and longing can be heavy in the small hours of the night, and sometimes you need something white hot and pure to hold on to.

Sometimes you need spite. If you fall off the face of the earth tomorrow, the assholes will not notice and will not care. If you continue to live, you will be a thorn in their side forever.

Fujikoma

Oddly, this is exactly why I wake up, exactly why I post to places like this forum, to piss off the Doktor Howls of the world.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 02, 2019, 08:40:47 AM
Oddly, this is exactly why I wake up, exactly why I post to places like this forum, to piss off the Doktor Howls of the world.

Okay, enjoy it.  This is the last response you get from me, as anything other than an admin.  You are now in the same catagory as rong.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 02, 2019, 08:40:47 AM

Did you think this through before you wrote it?

LMNO

I'm gonna place a rusty nail and a half-dozen sardine heads on "No".

Fujikoma

To be honest I was kidding, but, I feel it would only be appropriate for me to lurk more and just not say anything, well, beyond apologize.

altered

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2019, 04:40:29 AM
To be honest I was kidding, but, I feel it would only be appropriate for me to lurk more and just not say anything, well, beyond apologize.

Always found this funny.

“I should apologize.” End quote. End speech. Nothing more said.

They usually actually apologize once you call them out about it, but everyone already knows what their apology is worth at that stage of things: Jack and shit.

“I should apologize” is the motto of dumbfucks digging their heels in everywhere. Hoping no one realizes they aren’t doing any such thing. Expecting to get away with a warning. Seething about being forced to admit they’re wrong, straining to hang on to that last petty dingleberry of Showing You WHAT.

And so it is here. Obviously.

Edited because the bad cadence of the last sentence in the big paragraph made me MAD.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2019, 04:40:29 AM

The line is "piss off someone who deserves it." When you live to piss someone off, you have chosen them as an enemy, as someone who deserves to be pissed off. Never make those choices lightly, they cannot be undone.

Fujikoma

Well, in my experience enemies choose themselves, much as friends do. No amount of being accommodating and kind can sway an enemy, for very long, just like a few barbs won't discourage a true friend, chances are they'll laugh it off and dish out something worse, that you better laugh at or you're a hypocrite.

People pick where they want to be, my best efforts can't pick for them, nor my worst failings. It's all out of my hands.

EDIT: Well, to be honest, everyone, ever, can do some work on self improvement that may at least determine the quality of friends and enemies, anyway, shutting up now.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2019, 06:09:24 AM
Well, in my experience enemies choose themselves, much as friends do. No amount of being accommodating and kind can sway an enemy, for very long, just like a few barbs won't discourage a true friend, chances are they'll laugh it off and dish out something worse, that you better laugh at or you're a hypocrite.

People pick where they want to be, my best efforts can't pick for them, nor my worst failings. It's all out of my hands.

EDIT: Well, to be honest, everyone, ever, can do some work on self improvement that may at least determine the quality of friends and enemies, anyway, shutting up now.

You are the one choosing this. You made this decision. You are not a prisoner in this world.

The Johnny

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on December 02, 2019, 05:59:44 AM

I know some of my friends are having a rough go of it right now. Some of you are having trouble thinking of reasons to wake up tomorrow. It's that time of year, it's okay.

I want to remind you that you should keep taking care of your meatsack and keep living, not because I would be sad without you or the world would be a darker place or whatever sappy bullshit you can get off of an inspirational poster. Nope, I'm here to remind you that you should live because it will piss off someone who deserves to be mad.

Listen, you're a weirdo. You don't fit in the mold and you never did. There are people who love you for that, but there are also people out there who get in a snit about it. There are people who wake up angry every day just knowing that there are people like YOU in the world. These people get their undies in a bind about you just going about your life being your best self. Fuck them. You should live because it upsets them. You should live to spoil their rotten view of how things are supposed to be.

And sure, you can live for the other weirdos, so they can see you in the distance and know they are not alone in this world, that there are others who are making a go of it in the wilderness, surviving in spite of everything. But the burden of their expectations and longing can be heavy in the small hours of the night, and sometimes you need something white hot and pure to hold on to.

Sometimes you need spite. If you fall off the face of the earth tomorrow, the assholes will not notice and will not care. If you continue to live, you will be a thorn in their side forever.

About 4 years ago I could relate to the first parts of what you're speaking, but I've changed.

My driving force became this extremely toxic hatred, which I've managed to sublimate and transform into intellectual productivity, so it doesn't eat me inside-out anymore. I might not be the poster child for a happy life or whatever, but becoming a type of Captain Ahab hunting down his personal whale gave me a reason to live.

Someday I'll share it all with the forum, why ironically being a professional of mental health I hate 99% of people in my field, and why you should too, and how things can be different.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

Quote from: Fujikoma on December 03, 2019, 06:09:24 AM

You're literally pissing on a good thread just because apparently you're in need of attention.

Get over yourself, we're not some kind of mother-figure that's supposed to hold you when you're being undecent.

Also, if you're gonna shitpost, WEAR A HELMET.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner