News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

The Functionality of the Black Iron Prison

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, January 07, 2020, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2020, 01:06:29 PM
Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 22, 2020, 03:55:45 AM
You give undue power to regulars.

Well, that's fairly telling.

Telling in that you're more likely to listen to someone if you're more comfortable with them. It has nothing to with truth, and more to do with familiarity.

Almost nothing about human relationships, let alone politics, operates on truth. Truth is a last resort.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 27, 2020, 10:37:48 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2020, 01:06:29 PM
You give undue power to regulars.

Well, that's fairly telling.

Telling in that you're more likely to listen to someone if you're more comfortable with them. It has nothing to with truth, and more to do with familiarity.

Almost nothing about human relationships, let alone politics, operates on truth. Truth is a last resort.

define "truth"
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Quote from: Cramulus on January 22, 2020, 01:42:57 PM
which was literally your second post in the thread -- people asked you to clarify your confusing metaphor, and you said "I just told you..." and linked to an hour and a half long video (because I'm going to spend an hour and a half getting the background needed to discuss your 9 sentence post...)

Cram, you're one of the active Discordians here that I respect the most, and I always value your opinions, but I think you're dead wrong in this assessment. If you re-read the thread, you'll see that I was rebutting the accusation that "everything" is pre-ordained, and I pointed to that which I had already said; only the "framework" of the world is set in stone, and our actions within it are limited, but free. I provided the link to the Stanley Parable as an example of what I was trying to talk about. You don't have to watch the entire 45 or whatever minutes of it to grasp the concept. It just happened to be the best illustration of what I was trying to convey.

Do I get drunk and act like a dipshit sometimes? Yeah. I do. But that has almost nothing to do with this topic, or almost anything I've said so far. And I'm surprised that this deep into it, you've absorbed almost nothing of the contents of the most important and first few contributions to this thread. I'd think that this sort of thing is highly uncharacteristic of you.

Assuming what I've just said is true, where do you get off having anything to say at all?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

altered

What's super funny is that we just got done having an exactly inverse experience with a TOTAL newbie.

Newbie advertised an interesting thing, misinterpretations and criticisms were made, it was made clear I specifically was coming at things from THE wrong angle, revelations were made that the newbie's venture (encouraged by third parties) may not have been entirely in good faith on the other side, both sides adjusted their approach, we encouraged the newbie to stick around and be cool like they already had been.

It's almost like there's something other than "regulars" involved here.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Quote from: altered on January 27, 2020, 11:06:39 PM
What's super funny is that we just got done having an exactly inverse experience with a TOTAL newbie.

Newbie advertised an interesting thing, misinterpretations and criticisms were made, it was made clear I specifically was coming at things from THE wrong angle, revelations were made that the newbie's venture (encouraged by third parties) may not have been entirely in good faith on the other side, both sides adjusted their approach, we encouraged the newbie to stick around and be cool like they already had been.

I'd hazard a guess that it's paranoia.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being someone else.

Whatever. Predictable. And boring.

I would not say that you tend to argue in good faith, either. Not necessarily bad faith, but you make far too many assumptions and declarations. At least, that's been my experience, so far.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

altered

:lulz:

Further proving my point: you didn't read what I said, or you'd know I was, if ANYTHING, accusing you of having nothing in common with the other user I was describing.

As a point of fact, you are poorly adjusted to the style of this forum. As a point of fact, the nature of your maladjustment means you see enemies where there are only people who find it hilarious that you act silly about this stuff.

The point of the post was a complete newbie getting heated responses and responding like a human, leading to everyone walking away pretty damn happy about how it all went down.

There's nothing to do with regulars getting more airtime. There is you, showing inflamed ass every time something rubs you the wrong way. That's what it is. This isn't even the first time someone has pointed this shit out to you, but you treat it as if the entire community should change for you when plenty of folks join up and do just fine.

Join up (or at least become active) after you did, even: Al Qedic and Baltshazzar both come to mind immediately. And neither kissed ass, so you can put that out of your head.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Quote from: altered on January 28, 2020, 01:01:52 AM
:lulz:

Further proving my point: you didn't read what I said, or you'd know I was, if ANYTHING, accusing you of having nothing in common with the other user I was describing.

As a point of fact, you are poorly adjusted to the style of this forum. As a point of fact, the nature of your maladjustment means you see enemies where there are only people who find it hilarious that you act silly about this stuff.

The point of the post was a complete newbie getting heated responses and responding like a human, leading to everyone walking away pretty damn happy about how it all went down.

There's nothing to do with regulars getting more airtime. There is you, showing inflamed ass every time something rubs you the wrong way. That's what it is. This isn't even the first time someone has pointed this shit out to you, but you treat it as if the entire community should change for you when plenty of folks join up and do just fine.

Join up (or at least become active) after you did, even: Al Qedic and Baltshazzar both come to mind immediately. And neither kissed ass, so you can put that out of your head.

Alty, you might as well give up. You've never made a single convincing argument, as far as I'm concerned. Everything you've ever said when engaging me has relied on fallacy, assumption, emotion, and bad faith. I almost wonder why you continue to bother.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

chaotic neutral observer

I perceive a pattern.  When he enters a state of self-delusion, he declares that he is bored.

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 10, 2020, 04:33:18 AM
I'm bored. Does anyone else have anything mildly interesting to say?

And I wonder why I got bored here.

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 28, 2020, 12:00:10 AM
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 28, 2020, 01:18:46 AM
Alty, you might as well give up. You've never made a single convincing argument, as far as I'm concerned. Everything you've ever said when engaging me has relied on fallacy, assumption, emotion, and bad faith. I almost wonder why you continue to bother.
I don't think she's talking to you, but rather past you.

Your reply to her earlier post had nothing to do with what she actually said.   You're demonstrating, quite convincingly, that you're incapable of processing anything that contradicts your ingrained self image.  Kind of a pity, really; there were a couple of moments I thought you were showing glimmers of potential.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 28, 2020, 12:00:10 AM
Quote from: altered on January 27, 2020, 11:06:39 PM

I'd hazard a guess that it's paranoia.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being someone else.

I would not say that you tend to argue in good faith, either. Not necessarily bad faith, but you make far too many assumptions and declarations. At least, that's been my experience, so far.

EET EES ALL SO BORRRRING!

:baguette:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Wait.

What happened to the fucking baguette emote?  :crankey:
Molon Lube

Man, pointing out the fact that I've been saying I'm getting bored three times in one month really shuts down everything.

Can you try harder to be intellectually dishonest?
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn