News:

I hate both of you because your conversation is both navel-gazing and puerile

Main Menu

The Functionality of the Black Iron Prison

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, January 07, 2020, 01:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Maybe you think this is like a lecture hall, where an OP declares a topic and everybody responds only to that and not each other

and I know where you're coming from--I'd always get frustrated when people didn't bite the hook in the way I'd hoped and we get sucked into a lengthy subthread about the definition of magic or unpacking doubts about astral projection (that's all on you, btw... you enthusiastically followed that trail away from your OP)

and maybe now you're thinking -- no, a thread is more like a conversation at a party, people are sharing their thoughts with each other, and sometimes that takes on a momentum of its own

but no, you'd be wrong there, too. This is the Recipe Forum.

The Recipe Forum is about blood

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: rong on January 22, 2020, 04:34:05 AM
it's like this thread was part of some sort of explosion and there was a strand that the posts were supposed to follow, but no matter what, every time a post tried to be "in the box" it would just get derailed again. . .

:169:
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

LMNO

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Reverend Elvis Pope Pelvis on January 22, 2020, 03:55:45 AM
It's such an awesome thing that this thread now has literally nothing to do with itself, for almost no reason.
I liked the "Universal Tedium Principle" bit.  I also learned something about wasps.

You guys are so good at your jobs, I wonder if you even remember what your jobs are.
What do you think my job is, on this forum?

One person comes along and says, "This is bullshit because hurrdadurddhurr" and everything collapses. You give undue power to regulars. It's like points for showing up.
This is bullshit because you've disengaged from your own arguments, and are now just blaming everyone else.  You can't win a boxing match by stepping out of the ring and yelling at the audience. That would be pro wrestling.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

tyrannosaurus vex

It's such an awesome thing that this thread now has literally nothing to do with itself, for almost no reason.

You guys are so good at your jobs, I wonder if you even remember what your jobs are.

One person comes along and says, "This is bullshit because hurrdadurddhurr" and everything collapses. You give undue power to regulars. It's like points for showing up.

And I wonder why I got bored here.

Mission Accomplished! Das vidanya.

What has happened (obviously) is that you are not predestined to discuss these things. When you try, the BIP forces us through no fault of our own to gang up on you and tear the conversation to pieces in order to preserve the time strand.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus

oh there's a reason

Your pattern on this forum is to show up every 2-3 months, immediately climb up into the Throne of Judgment, and lecture everybody about how we're neglecting our sacred responsibilities to The Discordian Society.

if you could change your pattern, you would get different reactions

QuoteYou guys are so good at your jobs, I wonder if you even remember what your jobs are.

:lulz: I definitely forgot my "job title"

oh yeah-------POPE

I hereby use my papal powers to forgive myself for not leaving the thread when I knew I should have

which was literally your second post in the thread -- people asked you to clarify your confusing metaphor, and you said "I just told you..." and linked to an hour and a half long video (because I'm going to spend an hour and a half getting the background needed to discuss your 9 sentence post...)

by post 2, you were already climbing up the throne. How's the view up there, your holiness?

anyway,

see you in 2 months when you're drunk and need people to yell at for some reason

Faust

You give undue power to regulars. It's like points for showing up.
And what powers are they, you are aware The Mgt hasn't signed in in years, there is no one at the wheel
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Doktor Howl

You give undue power to regulars.

You don't seem to understand properly how primates function in group settings.

That is hardly our fault.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 22, 2020, 01:30:33 PM

And I wonder why I got bored here.

Mission Accomplished! Das vidanya.

What has happened (obviously) is that you are not predestined to discuss these things. When you try, the BIP forces us through no fault of our own to gang up on you and tear the conversation to pieces in order to preserve the time strand.

This is why we call Pango "The Chairman of the Board."
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 22, 2020, 01:42:57 PM

Your pattern on this forum is to show up every 2-3 months, immediately climb up into the Throne of Judgment, and lecture everybody about how we're neglecting our sacred responsibilities to The Discordian Society.

The only reason I joined this Goddamn religion is because I am encouraged to neglect my duties as a member.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

you know what though, Elvis-- looking through the archive, you haven't had one of these UR ALL DUMB episodes in like a year, so let me retract some of the acid; maybe I'm overreacting to Elvis(2017)

Like I said, for what it's worth, I felt like I had a good discussion both with you and with others in the thread - it's why it's so annoying to have you flip into the pidgeon-on-the-chessboard mode

all things considered
it IS nice to see some ENERGY here

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Funny how quickly you guys lose your shit just because little ol' me throws a hissy-fit.

You all and I have an interesting dynamic. I wonder why that is.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn