Main Menu

Neil Peart died.

Started by Doktor Howl, January 10, 2020, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

trippinprincezz13

Brain cancer too. That's awful  :sad:

I've always enjoyed Rush, but I've heard (before and since his passing) that a lot of Neil's writing was really good too. May have to check it out at some point soon.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

LMNO

...this is gonna disrespect the dead, but whatever.  Dude was a Randian. As in Ayn.

Good drummer, tho.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on January 14, 2020, 06:40:51 PM
...this is gonna disrespect the dead, but whatever.  Dude was a Randian. As in Ayn.

Good drummer, tho.

Yeah, 2112 was a dead giveaway for that.  :lulz:

But unless an artist is goose-stepping around with swastikas on them, I normally don't care what an artist's politics are.  As Plato said, all artists are trouble to begin with.  And drummers are just trouble that lurk in darkness.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

That being said, it requires a degree of specialness to think Ayn Rand was a "genius" or even "readable".
Molon Lube

trippinprincezz13

Good drummer, tho.

Interesting. Do not think I knew that. I like the band, thought he was a good drummer, but didn't follow personal/political lives that closely. Kind of makes sense with the few people that told me he was a good writer, though.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

LMNO

Also, when you think about it, the protagonist in "Red Barchetta" is the bad guy.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on January 15, 2020, 05:51:57 PM

Good drummer, tho.

Interesting. Do not think I knew that. I like the band, thought he was a good drummer, but didn't follow personal/political lives that closely. Kind of makes sense with the few people that told me he was a good writer, though.

It was sorta stamped right on the cover of 2112.
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on January 17, 2020, 03:46:03 PM
Neil who?

Some Canuck.  You never heard of him because he's a drummer.
Molon Lube