News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #28: Get out while you can.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 28, 2005, 10:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: GOATit musta taken some serious chutzpah to somehow make this jibe with the whole "unreasonable search and seizure" part of the constitution...

8)

You have a constitution?  I thought they were outlawed in America by the 80s?

Bella

I woke up this morning with last night's dream still heavy on my mind and the first thread I read was this one.  :shock:

Last night I dreamed my baby and I were on a ruined ship that had run aground in the middle of a clear, shallow river. The sails were tattered and there were holes in the deck. The railings were broken and the ship had run onto a sandbar because it was rudderless. On one side of the river there were houses and stores.....it looked just like modern America. On the other side the banks were steep and there were cliffs with cave dwellers and bizarre looking animals.

Several of the other people on the ship walked ashore and went to one side of the river or the other. I decided there was danger on both sides and chose to help build a raft on which to float down the river, instead. As we boarded the raft, I looked down and saw a toe in the water. Just a toe all by itself. A couple of feet away from it was an entire skeleton and I realized he entire riverbed was littered with the remains of those who had gone before. We were floating on a river of bones.

We floated past fighting on both sides of the river. I saw tanks shooting into apartment buildings, saw cars and trucks burning, heard people screaming. The cave dwellers were no better off......they were mauled and eaten by ferocious animals or else they killed each other with sticks. Finally, we came to the end of the river. My brother's wife, Joan,  was waiting for us as we came ashore. She welcomed us and took my baby and I into her home.

Joan was crying and kept remarking on what a shame it was that my pretty little girl was going to grow up to be cannon fodder. It seems that a new draft law had just come into effect. All children were to be registered with the draft board by the time they were 18 months old. Summers were to be spent in government run camps, and all PE teachers were to be replaced with drill sergeants. It was the Hitler youth programs all over again.  

It's coming kiddies, because this dream had the quality I recognize as a precognitive dream.
We've run aground on a river of bones and I have to get my daughter out of the USA asap.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Scytano

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI woke up this morning with last night's dream still heavy on my mind and the first thread I read was this one.  :shock:

Last night I dreamed my baby and I were on a ruined ship that had run aground in the middle of a clear, shallow river. The sails were tattered and there were holes in the deck. The railings were broken and the ship had run onto a sandbar because it was rudderless. On one side of the river there were houses and stores.....it looked just like modern America. On the other side the banks were steep and there were cliffs with cave dwellers and bizarre looking animals.

Several of the other people on the ship walked ashore and went to one side of the river or the other. I decided there was danger on both sides and chose to help build a raft on which to float down the river, instead. As we boarded the raft, I looked down and saw a toe in the water. Just a toe all by itself. A couple of feet away from it was an entire skeleton and I realized he entire riverbed was littered with the remains of those who had gone before. We were floating on a river of bones.

We floated past fighting on both sides of the river. I saw tanks shooting into apartment buildings, saw cars and trucks burning, heard people screaming. The cave dwellers were no better off......they were mauled and eaten by ferocious animals or else they killed each other with sticks. Finally, we came to the end of the river. My brother's wife, Joan,  was waiting for us as we came ashore. She welcomed us and took my baby and I into her home.

Joan was crying and kept remarking on what a shame it was that my pretty little girl was going to grow up to be cannon fodder. It seems that a new draft law had just come into effect. All children were to be registered with the draft board by the time they were 18 months old. Summers were to be spent in government run camps, and all PE teachers were to be replaced with drill sergeants. It was the Hitler youth programs all over again.  

It's coming kiddies, because this dream had the quality I recognize as a precognitive dream.
We've run aground on a river of bones and I have to get my daughter out of the USA asap.

:lol:  I'm so glad I bought the extra-strength tinfoil last week.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HoshikoI know the constitution doesn't grant us rights. We have to win those in court and sometimes it takes longer than it should, but damn.

The constitution doesn't GRANT rights...it LISTS the rights SIEZED, and then ASSUMED, after the revolution.

Rights cannot be "given" or "granted".  They are TAKEN, and then assumed.

Problem is, America stopped assuming.  Republics only last as long as the citizenry cares enough to demand those republics.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Scytano
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI woke up this morning with last night's dream still heavy on my mind and the first thread I read was this one.  :shock:

:lol:  I'm so glad I bought the extra-strength tinfoil last week.

You're joking, right?  Bella's dream was the BEST possible outcome of the current trends in the USA.

The truth is sure to be far, far worse.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: HoshikoI wasn't sure where to put this, so I might as well drop it here.

SCOTUS rules that drug sniffing dogs can be used in traffic stops without probable cause.

I strongly dislike being the chicken little type, but that scares me for 3 reasons.

1. Most money has traces of drugs on it, and at least one man has been tried because of dogs sensing this. If they've already got a grudge, oh look, we found drug traces on you!

2. I don't do drugs (except that one time...) but most of my friends are potheads, and just touching it can leave traces on your upholstery for a week. My friends can get you high just by breathing the same air.

3. Without probable cause. Need I say more?

I know the constitution doesn't grant us rights. We have to win those in court and sometimes it takes longer than it should, but damn.

Wait until it's you.

Drug traces on money won't be enough to convict you of anything, and if they lead to them searching your car, and you have a brick of blow, then I have no sympathy for you anyway. Ditto with trace amounts of pot resin on the seats. Unless they find a roach or some other tangible evidence, the dog smelling it isn't enough. My suggestion is to not let people who smoke pot get into your car.

What part of:

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

...Are you having problems with?

Scytano

QuoteThe 6-2 opinion, written by Justice John Paul Stevens, stipulates police dogs may sniff only the outside of a car after a motorist is lawfully stopped for a traffic violation, such as speeding or failing to stop at a stop sign.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: HoshikoI wasn't sure where to put this, so I might as well drop it here.

SCOTUS rules that drug sniffing dogs can be used in traffic stops without probable cause.

I strongly dislike being the chicken little type, but that scares me for 3 reasons.

1. Most money has traces of drugs on it, and at least one man has been tried because of dogs sensing this. If they've already got a grudge, oh look, we found drug traces on you!

2. I don't do drugs (except that one time...) but most of my friends are potheads, and just touching it can leave traces on your upholstery for a week. My friends can get you high just by breathing the same air.

3. Without probable cause. Need I say more?

I know the constitution doesn't grant us rights. We have to win those in court and sometimes it takes longer than it should, but damn.

Wait until it's you.

Drug traces on money won't be enough to convict you of anything, and if they lead to them searching your car, and you have a brick of blow, then I have no sympathy for you anyway. Ditto with trace amounts of pot resin on the seats. Unless they find a roach or some other tangible evidence, the dog smelling it isn't enough. My suggestion is to not let people who smoke pot get into your car.

What part of:

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and
effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

...Are you having problems with?
Cars don't counts as effects or anything else.  They can search your car if they pull you over.  If they decide they don't like the way you look(we beat this to death earlier, so I'll leave it alone here)they can search your car.  That's the way it's been for a while.  A lot of criminals get caught, not because of the crime they commited, but, because they were speeding, or have a broken tail light, or forgot to use their turn signal.  I am not sure how this would work and I don't have time to read this today.  The only probable cause they needed before was any flimsy excuse to pull you over.  And keep in mind, even if you don't do drugs, if they decide to search your car, what else are they going to find?  Are you taking leftover booze home from a party?  Open alcohol.  Under 21?  Add minor in posession.  Got a gun or kinfe in your vehicle improperly?  Concealed weapons charge.  Carry tools that could be used to break into a house?  You better have a good explanation, Burglar, I mean...Buster.  Care to add anything to the list?  Rog?  Anyone?

Cain

Quote from: eldora_avalon
Cars don't counts as effects or anything else.  They can search your car if they pull you over.  If they decide they don't like the way you look(we beat this to death earlier, so I'll leave it alone here)they can search your car.  That's the way it's been for a while.  A lot of criminals get caught, not because of the crime they commited, but, because they were speeding, or have a broken tail light, or forgot to use their turn signal.  I am not sure how this would work and I don't have time to read this today.  The only probable cause they needed before was any flimsy excuse to pull you over.  And keep in mind, even if you don't do drugs, if they decide to search your car, what else are they going to find?  Are you taking leftover booze home from a party?  Open alcohol.  Under 21?  Add minor in posession.  Got a gun or kinfe in your vehicle improperly?  Concealed weapons charge.  Carry tools that could be used to break into a house?  You better have a good explanation, Burglar, I mean...Buster.  Care to add anything to the list?  Rog?  Anyone?

Dont forget you may fit a "gang related profile" also. :roll:

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: Scribe
Dont forget you may fit a "gang related profile" also. :roll:
Thanks, I forgot about the profiles.  After the 9/11 attacks, they did some polls and found that blacks were in favor of racial profiling of Arab Americans.  Oops.  Everyone seems to think it's OK to treat those people badly, but it's not OK treat US badly.  I'm sorry, but it is not OK to treat any one badly.  It won't be long before we will all fit some kind of profile making it possible for any one to get hassled based on that.

Cain

Well, you do fit the criminal profile of being a person.  Only people commit crimes, after all.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: eldora_avalon
Cars don't counts as effects or anything else.  They can search your car if they pull you over.  

1.  50 years of case law disagree.

2.  Certain traffic stops can lead to probable cause.  Nothing smelly about that.

Yahtomet

Dreams can be frightening, but remember, these things work in waves. The fact that we've now absorbed some of your dream makes it less likely to happen.

The Good Reverend Roger

QuoteThe 6-2 opinion, written by Justice John Paul Stevens, stipulates police dogs may sniff only the outside of a car after a motorist is lawfully stopped for a traffic violation, such as speeding or failing to stop at a stop sign.

How does speeding give probable cause for a drug search?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Yahtomet

Dreams can be frightening, but remember, these things work in waves. The fact that we've now absorbed some of your dream makes it less likely to happen.

HUH?  WTF?

What kind of new-agey crap is that?

Next we'll hear about "visualization".