News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Introducing the Anti Social Network

Started by Baltshazzar the Unhinged, January 26, 2020, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Long time alley lurker, first time pin-up poster.

I represent a group (or anti-group) of creatures who are playing with the balance between collectivism and individuality, art and reality, micro and macro and whatnot. What started on a night of acid, listening to KLF, and reading sections of the Principia, slowly evolved, from a concept unifying malcontents, non-conformists, beatniks, hermits and recluses through creative endeavours and Operation Mindfuck, into the loose band of hippies, rappers, box-kite enthusiasts, homeless folk, festival goers, and many other types of fringe dwellers, who all carry ASN membership cards today. Most of these folk are scattered through Melbourne, where the ASN began...

This is us announcing ourselves to the world. We have songs, art, magic and memes to share. And we need every Discordian who follows the premise to bring their influence to what we're doing because we've only just begun and it's an evolving concept.

I don't need to tell the Discordian faithful that this not for profit disorganisation I'm about to give you a link to, is more or less a type of Discordian cabal that has emerged by the will of none of the people who are involved. Believe me, no one really planned it this way. With every synchronicity that has led us to this moment, the presence of Goddess has become more and more apparent to some of the less initiated of the network. So it's about time you see what the ASN is all about before we start making more records, and paintings. It's only fair that you guys get in on the ground floor as far as cyberspace goes, fnord.

Welcome,
https://www.antisocialnetwork.org/
know more = understand less

altered

Hi there! It seems you or someone in your circle is a very bad person. In summary, I want nothing to do with this and I expect no one else will either. Observe:

Quote from: ASN FAQ
"If a tree fell in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" – If 6 million people got killed in a war in a jungle in Africa would anyone ever know about it?

Got "6 million" Nazi dog whistling AND completely independent and unrelated racism on top of that. You have it all!

I had the feeling it was terrible from the start, the writing was too *channy, but you guys really stuck your whole ass out there, didn't you? No thank you.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

tyrannosaurus vex

So.... an irreligious disorganization dedicated to promoting nothing in particular for reasons both obscure and monotonous, with a liberal helping of intentional and overwrought fnordism. Where there is nothing to say, no one to say it, and no one in the audience anyway, so if course it must be said loudly and on single-track repeat mode. Lots of 5s and 23s apparently because that's what's expected and the general message is "I don't want to be here so I have come to tell you about it."

I'm afraid the ASN has all the trappings of self-defeating (as opposed to creative) contradiction. Also the meme magic business is a bit too 4chan Wizard for my taste.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Cheers guys. I knew you would get it. Oh, and the 6 million dead reference... I guess you aint read 2023 yet.

Frontside Back

I hate it when old things disguise as new things. Makes finding the next step sooo annoying.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Pergamos

Quote from: altered on January 26, 2020, 03:57:56 PM
Hi there! It seems you or someone in your circle is a very bad person. In summary, I want nothing to do with this and I expect no one else will either. Observe:

Quote from: ASN FAQ
"If a tree fell in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?" – If 6 million people got killed in a war in a jungle in Africa would anyone ever know about it?

Got "6 million" Nazi dog whistling AND completely independent and unrelated racism on top of that. You have it all!

I had the feeling it was terrible from the start, the writing was too *channy, but you guys really stuck your whole ass out there, didn't you? No thank you.

The second Congo war was the second deadliest conflict in human history, it occured in the African jungle, and I didn't know about it despite being a fairly politically aware person who was alive and politically aware while it was happening.  I suspect that's what the poster was referring to.  Not saying the ASN is any good, just giving some context on that particular quote.

The Johnny

"Please sign-up to this government watchlist: you get nothing, but it will make you feel edgy for 5 seconds."
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Thank you Pergamos for shedding light on that for us. I really couldn't be bothered explaining that to people who are already intelligent enough to understand it in the first place, because to be honest, I thought the bloke was taking the piss!

Now I'm sitting here laughing at all the kids who know nothing about us but slagging us off in another bid to prove how smart they are. These people are why the ASN exists. DO NOT JOIN UP. DON'T EVEN VISIT.

And yes, we are government shills, but we won't tell you which government and we don't spend any time on chan sites so we can't refute claims related to the site looking too 'channy'.
Sorry guys I just don't get cyberspeak... this is the mos't interacting I've done online since the 90s. For some people Discordian simply translates as oppositional... believe me, that is truly self defeating.

So why oppose social networking? Well, look at this message board. I would love this conversation to be held in person... NO FURTHER COMMENT
Ya see children, like it or lump it, this conversation is not real. It is tainted by distance and anonymity. Thank you guys for reminding me why not to communicate in cyberspace.

And seeing as it has been mentioned. We actually have a lot to offer. Should we have to tell you exactly what those things are and when we are dishing thems up? That's a little too social for us ay. Maybe the person/s baiting me are the government agents?!?
We've already pressed a record and done an art installation. We have musicians spanning many genres, painters, animators, writers and more. We might even make shit available to people if you're bloody patient!

I won't bite again, just fkn relax and try to enjoy yourselves - be more Pronoid (It works)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 01:28:56 AM

And yes, we are government shills,

We too are government shills.  Only we're paid in Sorosbux.  It's very complicated.

QuoteI won't bite again, just fkn relax and try to enjoy yourselves - be more Pronoid (It works)

Problem is, we have annoia.  The overwhelming conviction that WE are out to get YOU.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Okay, I checked out the site.

It's very well done, but it is also 1965.  It's not 1965 in your audience's world, though...They think it's 2020, and 2020 is terrifying.  Humans can't stop running and looking over their shoulder long enough to enjoy some quality dadaism.  It's hard to enjoy contradictory speech and pseudo-official absurdist comments when you're hiding from the mass shooter in a bathroom stall.

Or when you're being hauled off to indefinite detention at an ICE facility in the desert.  Or the arctic (ho ho!  You didn't here about that from me.)

Or when you only get "stabilization care" at the ER for whatever is wrong with you, and that costs $20,000.

Or your peaceful, idyllic island is mostly underwater.

Well, you get the point.  While that website isn't badly done at all, it IS yesterday's message.  Only satire isn't as funny when you and everyone you know are being hurled out of the airlock.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Maybe one of the things they're not selling is the illusion of being able to help the world in any meaningful way.

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Word, I thought it was a good quick web design for a bloke who has very little tech experience. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
We are not intellectuals either. This really is an ever-changing social experiment. I/We have much to learn.

tyrannosaurus vex

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 02:56:12 AM
Word, I thought it was a good quick web design for a bloke who has very little tech experience. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
We are not intellectuals either. This really is an ever-changing social experiment. I/We have much to learn.

There's nothing at all wrong with the design.
Molon Lube