News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Introducing the Anti Social Network

Started by Baltshazzar the Unhinged, January 26, 2020, 11:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

I'm afraid these Discordians are not the one's you're thinking of. At least not bloody likely. This really was a mistake encouraged by the group of people I know, who understand that I don't roll well online at the best of times. In more conventional settings I can, and do, run a muck and generally make a c#nt of myself (I'm careful with the C word as I know the world outside Australia consider it harsh - but it's the only word that fits here) and it's hard for me to stay above the level of a troll to be honest. So they pick me as the person to bring the concept over here and I agree without thinking. They say it's best I do it for two reasons. Number 1. I have lurked around this page for a couple years, mainly getting ammo for personal psychedelic fuelled meme wars and Number 2. because I built the website and this was something I apparently should be doing.

It's all for the best, I actually have enjoyed the interaction on these forums. My shrink's been at me for years to find people weirder than me.

Quote from: altered on January 27, 2020, 05:00:33 PM
Honestly, that warning doesn't really apply here. That phrase, "don't join any group who wants you," is more of a "cult vaccine" than anything: either you're vulnerable to manipulation or you've got a history that makes you unpalatable, and either way most groups who are into that sort of thing are as welcome as scabies.

Too right. Just a go-to phrase I spose. oh and bed wasn't exactly sleep but rather life ensued... certainly no butt-hurt as you put it, I was laughing about the whole thing until I returned, actually read your post and was kinda like "fuck, that's kinda serious, this deserves my full attention". No apologising OK. But let me say when I've been humbled!

Now, it is time for actual sleep, not like that fake sleep I had earlier.

Fkn hats off to all you c#nts. You kept my attention well into 4am. I guess the day is starting for y'all, so have a good one. Or don't. It was just a suggestion! Peace
know more = understand less

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 05:34:17 PM
(I'm careful with the C word as I know the world outside Australia consider it harsh - but it's the only word that fits here)

Where I grew up, it's punctuation.

And a couple of years ago, saying it here would have been the end of the world.  Now days, it will at most get you talked about.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

I can, and do, run a muck

I haven't spent a lot of time on MUCKs, but I've lost years of my life to MUDs.

:p

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Hey if the word is more acceptable in the US these days, and if you can handle rap - in an Australian accent (don't blame you if you can't), then here is an example of how much said word is ingrained in Australian parlance. And no, I'm not shilling an ASN artist. I just think of this song every time this little culture shock used to occur. Cunt is really just a word for person where I grew up. It's when the T is emphasised that the word has aggressive intent. So for example " Jake, the cunt, he was crossing the road, when suddenly this cyclist cunt runs over his shoe. So he yelled out "Hey cunt, how bout you watch where you're going!" and by this point, every cunt's watching, and the cyclist stops and turns and says, "What cunt?" "You heard me cunT" - pause... now, and right now, Jake has challenged the cunt on the bicycle to a fight. We are an articulate bunch all the way down here in the Pacific.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryxY4wK76-I
know more = understand less

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on January 27, 2020, 06:08:31 PM
I can, and do, run a muck

I haven't spent a lot of time on MUCKs, but I've lost years of my life to MUDs.

:p

I probably dropped a hundred hours writing mods for Ancient Anguish.
Molon Lube

altered

I'm normally the PC police in these parts and cunt is perfectly acceptable to me. Don't censor yourself, we're pretty tolerant of aggressive language.

If you start dropping legit slurs, on the other hand, give us a heads up so we can go to get the specialty, artisan sledge hammers to thwack you with. That's all I ask.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 27, 2020, 02:36:00 AMProblem is, we have annoia.  The overwhelming conviction that WE are out to get YOU.

I thought Annoia was the goddess of stuck drawers
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandor on February 03, 2020, 04:05:07 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 27, 2020, 02:36:00 AMProblem is, we have annoia.  The overwhelming conviction that WE are out to get YOU.

I thought Annoia was the goddess of stuck drawers

:bacon:
Molon Lube

Odibex Grallspice

I went to look at reviews for an episode of season two of Sex Education, a show I'm watching, and I encountered a 50% review which read thusly:

"The second they blatantly left out the 'cool on christ' line from wang chung's 'dance hall days' i began to questions the shows motives... liked season 1 but this show is clearly doin what it can to cater to a specific audience. Even if everything but that was good, id still question the integrity of the filmmakers after such a deliberate emission. It was clearly intentional, and for a show that appears to have good, 'ground breaking' intentions, it made me question their integrity. I was raised a christian but i still just want people to be honest. idc if your religious or atheist, it was as pathetic as any emission I've seen to leave out the line 'we were cool on christ' to not stir the pot..."

I was intrigued by this because... things, etc., whatever.. I'm doing. I searched the lyrics, I searched the song, I searched the bit of the show where the the song is featured. This is what I found. the lyric is actually "cool on craze" (neither reading makes a lot of sense), and the show does cut away immediately before the "cool on craze" line, quite obviously to fit the flow of the scene, this is a common practice on TV shows. and yet we have someone giving the 2nd season of the show a 50% grade based solely on the fact that they "censored" the line "cool on christ", which wasn't the line, and which wasn't censored. this is the world we circumnavigate. this is the world we perambulate.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on May 04, 2020, 12:26:17 PM
I went to look at reviews for an episode of season two of Sex Education, a show I'm watching, and I encountered a 50% review which read thusly:

"The second they blatantly left out the 'cool on christ' line from wang chung's 'dance hall days' i began to questions the shows motives... liked season 1 but this show is clearly doin what it can to cater to a specific audience. Even if everything but that was good, id still question the integrity of the filmmakers after such a deliberate emission. It was clearly intentional, and for a show that appears to have good, 'ground breaking' intentions, it made me question their integrity. I was raised a christian but i still just want people to be honest. idc if your religious or atheist, it was as pathetic as any emission I've seen to leave out the line 'we were cool on christ' to not stir the pot..."

I was intrigued by this because... things, etc., whatever.. I'm doing. I searched the lyrics, I searched the song, I searched the bit of the show where the the song is featured. This is what I found. the lyric is actually "cool on craze" (neither reading makes a lot of sense), and the show does cut away immediately before the "cool on craze" line, quite obviously to fit the flow of the scene, this is a common practice on TV shows. and yet we have someone giving the 2nd season of the show a 50% grade based solely on the fact that they "censored" the line "cool on christ", which wasn't the line, and which wasn't censored. this is the world we circumnavigate. this is the world we perambulate.

Around here, we don't criticize Wang Chung.
Molon Lube