News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

2023 a Trilogy by the Justified Ancients of Mu

Started by Baltshazzar the Unhinged, January 27, 2020, 02:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

(Render this thread moot if it's already been done and please point me in the right direction)

So who's read 2023?
Thoughts? Feelings?

For Eris' sake somebody please tell me they've read this, because I'm starting to feel that this forum could be a bit of an ol' echo chamber. I'm also feeling that a high percentage of folk on this forum are American - nothing wrong with that, but it would excuse many people from not knowing this book and it's relevance.

When you have people talking about "not being able to find the next step" in Discordianism, it is a little disheartening because I sorta feel that whatever step I take next IS the next step - why complicate things by trying to impose order onto them?

So I'm not trying to say this book is the next step but I will say that the Justified Ancients of Mu smashed it out the park with this. I was expecting music, like most KLF tragics, but this book was all sorts of grouse.

BURN THE SHARD!!
know more = understand less

tyrannosaurus vex

I don't even read the directions label on my medication
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 02:26:34 AM

For Eris' sake somebody please tell me they've read this, because I'm starting to feel that this forum could be a bit of an ol' echo chamber.

It's a dozen or so old timers who use the remains of the forum to talk about the news, and which of our organs are failing.

All the meat is mostly archives from 2006-2014.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

So who's read 2023?
Never heard of it.

For Eris' sake somebody please tell me they've read this, because I'm starting to feel that this forum could be a bit of an ol' echo chamber.
I have it on good authority that whatever it is we're supposed to be doing, we're doing it wrong.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on January 27, 2020, 02:51:23 AM
So who's read 2023?
Never heard of it.

I have it on good authority that whatever it is we're supposed to be doing, we're doing it wrong.

We have always been doing it wrong.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Doktor Howl thank you for clearing that up. Not that things should make sense, but now I understand this forum a little better.

Well, really, if it's all old and failing, and if I've been on here for all of 5 minutes, with people complaining about no future for Discordians... Get your minds around the 2023 trilogy by the JAMs, written under the pen-name, Roberta Antonia Wilson... Stop me if I'm preaching to the choir.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 03:08:12 AM
Doktor Howl thank you for clearing that up. Not that things should make sense, but now I understand this forum a little better.

Well, really, if it's all old and failing, and if I've been on here for all of 5 minutes, with people complaining about no future for Discordians... Get your minds around the 2023 trilogy by the JAMs, written under the pen-name, Roberta Antonia Wilson... Stop me if I'm preaching to the choir.

Oh, nobody said there's no future for discordians.  Just that rehashing the past isn't really the future.
Molon Lube

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

OK then, on the assumption that no one has read it or even heard of it, I'll make another cognitive leap and assume that people are not apprised of the KLF and their obvious worship of Eris. I'm sorry but it's baffling and hilarious that since being on this forum, I've had people telling what is right and wrong in a society that worships the Goddess of chaos, while only one person has actually had the humanity to speak to me like an equal... There is being funny. And there is just plain being a dick.

And now people wanna tell me, in their proud ignorance, that they're not even up to speed? No wonder I've had people tell me 'they're searching for the next step'. I've been accused of being stuck in 1965 and I concede that is partly true (The 60s seems like it would have been a good time to be alive!). Now perhaps the ageing folk on here may concede they may have more to learn.

I don't want this to come across as an attack, I just want to see this book hit it's target audience. My Goddess, I figured folks on this forum would be well versed in it by now. Then again, I'm Australian and conditioned to think Americans are of sub-par intelligence. If this is actually true then I guess there's a good reason why it's not suitable for American audiences. But I don't believe my conditioning!

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 27, 2020, 03:23:47 AM
Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 03:08:12 AM

Oh, nobody said there's no future for discordians.  Just that rehashing the past isn't really the future.
Unfortunately someone did say that to me in as many words early this morning. Hmmm perhaps it was a nightmare

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 04:16:59 AM
while only one person has actually had the humanity to speak to me like an equal...

And that's only because my brain has been smashed flat with benzodiazapine by this time of night.
Molon Lube

LMNO

I'll make another cognitive leap and assume that people are not apprised of the KLF and their obvious worship of Eris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliIvMwvHqE

KLF was 30 years ago.

MMIX

Quote from: LMNO on January 27, 2020, 01:04:11 PM
I'll make another cognitive leap and assume that people are not apprised of the KLF and their obvious worship of Eris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliIvMwvHqE

KLF was 30 years ago.

Discordia was 60 years ago. I don't get your point
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

KLF certainly were 30 years ago. The JAMs are said to be eternal. They authored the book in question. The book was released 23 years to the day they signed the contract declaring they would not speak of the money they burnt. It's a fun read.

This was their return
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2xgxtr8O5M

And LMNO, since you know of them, but indicate that you haven't heard of their movements since 30 years ago (at least that's how it came across) you may also find interest in their new roles as undertakers

https://www.mumufication.com/