News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

2023 a Trilogy by the Justified Ancients of Mu

Started by Baltshazzar the Unhinged, January 27, 2020, 02:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I'm aware of KLF and their book is somewhere on my very long reading list. But yeah, over here in the US they're not exactly on the radar.

Not everybody drinks from the same stream! No need to get all judgmental about that.  :p

I have not seen the complaint about not being able to find the "next step" in Discordianism (I heard a rumor it has something to do with the God Helmet), but I do mourn the loss of pop culture representation.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on January 27, 2020, 01:19:18 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 27, 2020, 01:04:11 PM
Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 04:16:59 AM
I'll make another cognitive leap and assume that people are not apprised of the KLF and their obvious worship of Eris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliIvMwvHqE

KLF was 30 years ago.

Discordia was 60 years ago. I don't get your point

Discordia never happened at all. WTF are You People talking about?
Molon Lube

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Quote from: Cramulus on January 27, 2020, 02:13:48 PM
I'm aware of KLF and their book is somewhere on my very long reading list. But yeah, over here in the US they're not exactly on the radar.

Not everybody drinks from the same stream! No need to get all judgmental about that.  :p

I have not seen the complaint about not being able to find the "next step" in Discordianism (I heard a rumor it has something to do with the God Helmet), but I do mourn the loss of pop culture representation.

Too right. Not judging, but yeah I do come across as abrupt, and I was actually just really suprised that it aint on the radar in the US. We do drink from different streams, fkn too right. This bizzo about me being stuck in 65 was echoed around earlier. And that 'next step' comment was relative to the fact that steps have been taken and not noticed. I'm really not being critical here, it's simply that as you pointed out, we're drinking from different streams... I only wanted to offer what came through the UK stream from 76 to present which I thought would have been obnoxious for me to do due to my failed assumption that this was well known in the States. Now that I know it is not well known, I'm actually a little saddened for those who haven't seen the migration. And I aint about to shake my fists and scream for the love of fuck's sake get around the likes of Ken Campbell, Alan Moore, Bill Drummond, Jimmy Cauty, Daisy Eris Campbell - and how in many ways, Wilson's move to the UK was something like passing the flame to those people. Of course it aint that clear cut and it's on each individual as to whether they actually give a shit or not.
A quick Wiki search of Discordian works does not list any of the aforementioned artists/writers so there ya go, Wikipedia has failed us again. Oh well, I hope that can be beneficial to someone out here.

Anyway, at some point you might have a read and you can tell me what you think.
know more = understand less

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 04:13:20 PM
And that 'next step' comment was relative to the fact that steps have been taken and not noticed.

If steps have been taken and not noticed, one of two things is happening:

1.  Steps have not been noticed because nothing happened.  This means steps have not been taken.

2.  Steps have not been taken because they were not supposed to be noticed.  If this were the case, there wouldn't be any advertisement of said steps (ie, the book itself).
Molon Lube

Baltshazzar the Unhinged

Whoa. Mind blown Dok. Not so much by
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 27, 2020, 04:25:46 PM
Quote from: Baltshazzar the Unhinged on January 27, 2020, 04:13:20 PM
And that 'next step' comment was relative to the fact that steps have been taken and not noticed.

If steps have been taken and not noticed, one of two things is happening:

1.  Steps have not been noticed because nothing happened.  This means steps have not been taken.

2.  Steps have not been taken because they were not supposed to be noticed.  If this were the case, there wouldn't be any advertisement of said steps (ie, the book itself).

which is a healthy reminder for me to reel it in a bit (I did think it was safe to preach to the choir, I would not suggest this book or a casual interest in the authors to heathens)

but what is blowing my mind is that I just caught your tagline there, just after contemplating sneaking into someone's house overnight and stealing all of their cutlery.

OK then enough with the steps already. All Steps Noticed.
know more = understand less