News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Reasons to Vote for Joe Biden

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2020, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

Quote from: The Johnny on April 10, 2020, 12:00:43 PM
Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:48:18 AM
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/08/bernie-sanders-drops-out-2020-presidential-race-joe-biden-surges/4919641002/

Joe Biden has Senior Moment and Drops out of 2020 Presidential Race

QuoteWASHINGTON – Former Vice President Joe Biden, whose calls for a progressive agenda galvanized a few followers, has dropped out of the presidential race, giving Hillary Clinton a clean path to the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

Bidens' exit comes after a string of victories in the primary election.

The intensifying coronavirus pandemic also meant he could no longer hold the large rallies that came to define his movement, though he often pointed to the problems many Americans had getting tested and treated for the virus as a way to push his signature vaccination for all proposal.

Mr Biden announced his decision via twitter this afternoon and stated he intended to spend more time with his family.

??? why are you editing Biden for Sanders in your copy paste?

Really shitty gimmick
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Black Death

Quote from: Faust on April 10, 2020, 04:26:14 PM
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/04/08/bernie-sanders-drops-out-2020-presidential-race-joe-biden-surges/4919641002/

QuoteWASHINGTON – Former Vice President Joe Biden, whose calls for a progressive agenda galvanized a few followers, has dropped out of the presidential race, giving Hillary Clinton a clean path to the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.

The intensifying coronavirus pandemic also meant he could no longer hold the large rallies that came to define his movement, though he often pointed to the problems many Americans had getting tested and treated for the virus as a way to push his signature vaccination for all proposal.

Mr Biden announced his decision via twitter this afternoon and stated he intended to spend more time with his family.

Really shitty gimmick

Yup, but not nearly as shitty as that candidate.

I read today that 57% of dems and 67% of all voters prefer Cuomo over Joe Biden for pres in 2020. A clear case of buyer's remorse.

Besides if Joe suddenly dropped out of the race in a senior moment would that surprise anybody?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:40:03 PM

Really shitty gimmick

I read today that 57% of dems and 67% of all voters prefer Cuomo over Joe Biden for pres in 2020. A clear case of buyer's remorse.

Besides if Joe suddenly dropped out of the race in a senior moment would that surprise anybody?

I am waiting to see if you are kissing Bernie's arse, or Trump's.

The Cuomo thing leads me to believe that you are a MAGA freak who thinks he's being clever.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Black Death on April 10, 2020, 09:40:03 PM

Really shitty gimmick

I dont care for American politics, and from most americans I have spoken to, they dont either
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Faust on April 11, 2020, 12:01:29 AM
I dont care for American politics, and from most americans I have spoken to, they dont either

Not enough to vote when it matters. And we wonder why we keep getting stuck with administrations that either a) can't stop the other party from fucking up the country or b) fuck up the country.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Eight years of a relatively respectable and progressive Obama presidency was still Americans getting fucked in the ass. Then we got Trump, and the lubrication ran out. So now everyone is screaming, "No, no! Please! You can fuck me in the ass, just get the lube again!"
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Cain

I'd question even how "sweet and nice" Joe Biden is. If you haven't seen his comments about millenials and why he opposes universial healthcare, you should give them a look some time.

Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2020, 08:59:50 PM
I'd question even how "sweet and nice" Joe Biden is. If you haven't seen his comments about millenials and why he opposes universial healthcare, you should give them a look some time.

The images come from a book called Miss Nelson is Missing, in which a totally perfect teacher has rowdy students who won't listen to her. The next day, they get the worst substitute in the world: Viola Swamp, an evil harpy who has zero tolerance. Desperate to get their old teacher back, they wind up trailing her around town and wondering why she isn't in class. The book ends with her magically showing back up and the students being happy and docile. The final pages show her at home grading papers with her closet door open, and inside hangs the wardrobe of the substitute.

"Sweet and nice" BELONG in quotes. Nobody questions that Miss Nelson was the "perfect" teacher, but if she was so perfect, why couldn't she figure out how to reach out to those terrible students other than pretending to be a horrible witch? No, it's the STUDENTS who are to blame, and they must be shown that THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE.

Hogwash. Indoctrination, if you ask me.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

In other words, no, Joe Biden is not sweet. He's a malignancy. But obviously he's now the choice between malignancy and just putting a bullet in our heads.

I was okay with Trump winning in 2016, just because I felt everyone would learn a lesson from shit getting fucked up.

Turns out people don't learn lessons. So rather than re-enacting the ending of Return to the Planet of the Apes, I'm going to otherwise silently contribute to ousting the current regime of absolute insanity and work on trying to upset the Status Quo™ when it becomes the status quo again.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 14, 2020, 09:19:26 PM
In other words, no, Joe Biden is not sweet. He's a malignancy. But obviously he's now the choice between malignancy and just putting a bullet in our heads.

I was okay with Trump winning in 2016, just because I felt everyone would learn a lesson from shit getting fucked up.

Turns out people don't learn lessons. So rather than re-enacting the ending of Return to the Planet of the Apes, I'm going to otherwise silently contribute to ousting the current regime of absolute insanity and work on trying to upset the Status Quo™ when it becomes the status quo again.

Vote Vermin Supreme.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 14, 2020, 09:19:26 PM

Yeah, accelerationism has a pretty dismal track record. People are, if nothing, very good at adapting to the status quo and a new normal.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 14, 2020, 09:37:50 PM
Vote Vermin Supreme.

You all and I have a lot more in common than either of us have ever let on, much less felt comfortable with.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn