News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Reasons to Vote for Joe Biden

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2020, 08:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Quote from: Cain on April 14, 2020, 09:41:50 PM
Yeah, accelerationism has a pretty dismal track record. People are, if nothing, very good at adapting to the status quo and a new normal.

Adaptation is survival. Revolution represents uncertainty.

To be fair, revolution in a lot of places has turned out to be shit. Most people just want to be able to get up and do "normal" stuff and not care about anyone else outside of their immediate sphere. Plenty of those don't even care that far. Hell, I often don't. Do you?
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 14, 2020, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 14, 2020, 09:37:50 PM
Vote Vermin Supreme.

You all and I have a lot more in common than either of us have ever let on, much less felt comfortable with.

Does this mean
That you will vote
Vermin Supreme?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 14, 2020, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 14, 2020, 09:44:29 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 14, 2020, 09:37:50 PM
Vote Vermin Supreme.

You all and I have a lot more in common than either of us have ever let on, much less felt comfortable with.

Does this mean
That you will vote
Vermin Supreme?

Voting for Vermin Supreme is a spiritual experience. It has nothing to do with actual voting. In that sense, I voted for Vermin Supreme a long time ago.

You don't do it with a write-in. You do it in your own way. And you've got to figure out what that way is.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Let me put it this way; here's a screenshot of the film I've been working on for the past forever:

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

I write poems like this and spread them into as many minds as I can, including Vermin's. we don't know each other well, but I have made direct contact through various media and he knows I'm out there doing my thing.

Vermin Supreme
The man!
The Meme!
A boot full of dreams!!
A bit of good medicine
In the consciousness stream.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

What I think Vermin Supreme understands is that we're probably never going to have a choice that matters as much as we deserve. Not as long as we continue to play the game.

By God did we play the game this time around. We played it harder than before. Because we're stupid.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

This is the face a man makes when he's holding shit back.

~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 15, 2020, 12:27:52 AM
He does look constipated.

Yeah, but it's not shit he's full of.

No, wait. It is.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 15, 2020, 12:26:38 AM
This is the face a man makes when he's holding shit back.

No, that's the look of a man who just shat his pants.

Trust me on this, I am a doktor.
Molon Lube

I'm glad we all finally have something in common. I'm just sorry that this is for real.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Faust

Reasons for voting Biden: least worst option left available.
It is the only genuine reason possible and is funny but not haha funny like the rest of the reasons in the thread
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

I guess maybe it's weird to run on supreme court issues which the president only influences indirectly,
but I'm kinda surprised Biden isn't framing this election as absolutely critical for women's rights, trans rights, separation of church & state, and the death penalty.

I also think it's a big missed-opportunity to not seize on Trump's constitutional violations and frame Biden as rescuing the constitution. There's a lot of right-wing jacking off about the constitution, and that's a crowd that's been uncomfortable with some of Trump's moves. With the right language, one could reactivate their memory of giving-a-shit about these things.

LMNO

Could be because he doesn't really want to win.

Cramulus

I think he's limiting himself to regular 2D chess