News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Poor Person Eats

Started by altered, February 10, 2020, 06:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

In fact, if my math is right, one of those sausages prepared as described is in the ballpark of about 450-500 calories, and I definitely spent only .... 12 dollars on the sausages (18 sausages), 6 on the chili and cheese (2 cans each, ~2 dollars a can for chili and ~1 for cheese), and 4 dollars on the bread? So you're looking at what, 22/18=$1.22/sausage (a little bit more actually since I'll need to get more bread before anything else, but still), so I'm spending less than $2.50 a meal on some greasy garbage comfort food worth 900-1000 calories a piece.

The only time I think I've eaten cheaper is during the 4 days or so after the 14th. 7-11 Pi Day sale; those pizzas are 2-3 meals a piece.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.