News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in

Started by The Wizard Joseph, February 29, 2020, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm beginning to wonder if this has been around much longer than we thought, and has been chalked off as the flu.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

That is what China seems to be saying, with its earlier dated first patient.

Suu

Also, Pence seems to have been potentially exposed down here in Florida. Hilarity ensues.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Juana

Quote from: Suu on March 03, 2020, 05:09:07 PM
Also, Pence seems to have been potentially exposed down here in Florida. Hilarity ensues.
What a time to be alive.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

chaotic neutral observer

Welp, the Fed cut the rate by half a percent to protect the economy, and the S&P 500 responded by falling 2.8%.

:omg:

So, does anyone stand to profit from this mess?
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Suu

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 03, 2020, 10:30:30 PM
Welp, the Fed cut the rate by half a percent to protect the economy, and the S&P 500 responded by falling 2.8%.

Whoever the pharma bro is that is going to buy the vaccine as soon as it's out.

LMNO

Warren Buffet, and anyone else who has several million to buy up all the undervalued stock.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO on March 04, 2020, 01:05:20 PM
Warren Buffet, and anyone else who has several million to buy up all the undervalued stock.

Much of the stock isn't undervalued.  Prices have fallen on low earnings warnings, because shipments have been stopped and supply chains have dried up.  It's 50% likely that the rebound was a dead cat bounce.  We'll know by the middle of this month.

Corrections happen.  Sometimes they happen to you.

Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Suu on March 03, 2020, 10:36:01 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 03, 2020, 10:30:30 PM

Whoever the pharma bro is that is going to buy the vaccine as soon as it's out.

I prefer to refer to him by his legal name, federal inmate number 87850-053.

Suu

The Senate killed the emergency sick leave bill. Cool. I get to actually live the late 19th Century.

We're just gonna let the invisible hand of the free market sort this one out until people get sick of sweeping the dead out of the gutters.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Suu

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 12, 2020, 01:28:23 AM
200 dead in Italy in the last 24 hours.

I am coming to terms with the fact that my father is going to die from this.

altered

A lot of people are going to die.

I have to say, I expected the collapse of civilization as we know it would start from climate change. Instead, it's a virus that we could have stopped.

Fuck. People DID stop it in multiple countries. And the West let it burn.

I feel weird.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Suu

Quote from: altered on March 12, 2020, 05:25:56 AM
A lot of people are going to die.

I have to say, I expected the collapse of civilization as we know it would start from climate change. Instead, it's a virus that we could have stopped.

Fuck. People DID stop it in multiple countries. And the West let it burn.

I feel weird.

That's because white people are invincible. Everybody knows that new viruses only go after brown people and Chinese people.  :roll: