News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in

Started by The Wizard Joseph, February 29, 2020, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: The Johnny on October 24, 2020, 07:31:22 PM

QuoteA Chinese virologist continues to claim the coronavirus was engineered as a 'bioweapon' and then released. The groups she works for were once led by Steve Bannon.

https://www.businessinsider.com/scientists-steve-bannon-coronavirus-engineered-chinese-bioweapon-2020-10?r=MX&IR=T

I fully understand Steve Bannon's foundation is using this as anti-chinese propaganda.

I fully understand she could be paid a lot of money to spread this ideas.

But i dont understand why this money is enough to put herself and her family in a hit-list for the CCP.

Does China treat their scientists like such garbage that someone in her position would be willing to do all of this to get a better life? If it was North Korea i would have zero doubts, but really?

Cain, anyone?

If anything, presuming engineering for argument's sake, I would think the lie here is it being a "weapon" at all. I have NEVER seen a virus do what this does, and RNA viral "weapons" are not a thing due to uncontrolled mutation as I have heard tell. My best guess is this could be a retroviral engineering tool never meant to get into the ecosystem probably released by a worker at the viral lab selling some test animals to the nearby wet market because China don't pay shit. The LIE would be intent. See an inimical China making an intentional weapon release has far better "optics" or whatever than

"Atrociously incompetent China accidentally the viral equivalent of Fukushima paid for by US firm seeking loose ethical standards and cheap lab time."

It just sounds bad. But even were that, somehow, approaching the Truth I would still stick to the official scientific findings. Nobody needs that shit and mass panic would be VASTLY worse than the virus itself at this point.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Johnny

I'll restate the question: Why is Li-Meng Yan propagating conspiracy theories? (And putting herself and her family at risk).

Because what you're answering is that the plague is indeed engineered, just not as a weapon... which then following your argument, Li-Meng Yan is a chinese agent trying to make the CCP not look like incompetent fools, by saying it is indeed a weapon (?)

That seems like it would be the worst PR stunt in recorded history.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

My guess? She's Falun Gong.

Falun Gong has cross-pollinated with apocalyptic Christianity and, to a lesser extent, Qanon, and believe America under Trump will smite the godless Communists in Beijing. Note Bannon is one of the chief cheerleaders of the idea of a war with China, and has extensive links with Chinese regime opposition groups.

The Johnny

Quote from: Cain on October 24, 2020, 11:59:12 PM
My guess? She's Falun Gong.

Falun Gong has cross-pollinated with apocalyptic Christianity and, to a lesser extent, Qanon, and believe America under Trump will smite the godless Communists in Beijing. Note Bannon is one of the chief cheerleaders of the idea of a war with China, and has extensive links with Chinese regime opposition groups.

Thanks, that makes sense.

My initial thoughts had been to attribute it to a psychotic person with a need for attention... which i suppose was not completely off target, but the political drive behind it makes it more justifiable.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Yeah...the Falun Gong owned Epoch Times has been one of the heaviest promoters of Qanon on Facebook, by way of example. And while there's no direct links between Falun Gong and the exiled billionaire Guo Wengui - who set up these foundations with Bannon - he has been solicitious of their support in the past.

Cain

HERD IMMUNITY https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54696873

QuoteLevels of protective antibodies in people wane "quite rapidly" after coronavirus infection, say researchers.

Antibodies are a key part of our immune defences and stop the virus from getting inside the body's cells.

The Imperial College London team found the number of people testing positive for antibodies has fallen by 26% between June and September.

They say immunity appears to be fading and there is a risk of catching the virus multiple times.

More than 350,000 people in England have taken an antibody test as part of the REACT-2 study so far.

In the first round of testing, at the end of June and the beginning of July, about 60 in 1,000 people had detectable antibodies.

But in the latest set of tests, in September, only 44 per 1,000 people were positive.

It suggests the number of people with antibodies fell by more than a quarter between summer and autumn.

"Immunity is waning quite rapidly, we're only three months after our first [round of tests] and we're already showing a 26% decline in antibodies," said Prof Helen Ward, one of the researchers.

The fall was greater in those over 65, compared with younger age groups, and in those without symptoms compared with those with full-blown Covid-19.

The number of healthcare workers with antibodies remained relatively high, which the researchers suggest may be due to regular exposure to the virus.

The Johnny

Does that have any correlation with the effectiveness of potential vaccines?

Cause getting a shot every trimester sounds like it would suck donkey dick.

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

As of August it was at 6 known unique strains. This number will only go up, and fast. Herd immunity was never realistic, and they know it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Quote from: The Johnny on October 27, 2020, 09:35:21 PM

Does that have any correlation with the effectiveness of potential vaccines?

Cause getting a shot every trimester sounds like it would suck donkey dick.

It might do, I'm not sure.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 28, 2020, 12:46:06 AM
As of August it was at 6 known unique strains. This number will only go up, and fast. Herd immunity was never realistic, and they know it.

Yeah, at this point the UK political response is "go back to work and die, serfs".

LMNO

In the US, it's pretty much "I demand you stop trying to protect us."

The Johnny

-B.F. Skinner

The Wizard Joseph

A bit more bizarre cellular nightmare fuel. I had never even heard the word Syncytia before, but it basically means "fusion cell".

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.14.202028v1

Here, we show that SARS-CoV-2 infected cells express the viral Spike protein (S) at their surface and fuse with ACE2-positive neighbouring cells. Expression of S without any other viral proteins triggers syncytia formation. Type-I interferon (IFN)-induced transmembrane proteins (IFITMs), a family of restriction factors that block the entry of many viruses, inhibit S-mediated fusion, with IFITM1 being more active than IFITM2 and IFITM3. On the contrary, the TMPRSS2 serine protease, which is known to enhance infectivity of cell-free virions, processes both S and ACE2 and increases syncytia formation by accelerating the fusion process. TMPRSS2 thwarts the antiviral effect of IFITMs. Our results show that the pathological effects of SARS-CoV-2 are modulated by cellular proteins that either inhibit or facilitate syncytia formation.

So If I read this right not only do virus laden fibrils form, but SPIKE PROTIENS also form and latch infected cells together at the ACE2 and make a multi-nucleus cellular mass that ( I must presume) keeps living and growing even as the lymphocytes try in vain to kill it. This is a VIRUS that may have effectively bacteria like mass resistance from the cells gloming together, shedding RNA viruses the whole time.

... This is happening in the asymptomatic without even a peep from the immune system, children especially. :|

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

This isn't just old news, which I remember because I went into detail about it in THIS THREAD.

It's totally normal.

No, really.

This happens in everything from mono to Ebolavirus to the common cold. This is a lot of "ono scary sounding technical words" that is literally so common that you could say "COVID-19 is a virus" and it would be about exactly as meaningful. Okay, slightly less -- there's a handful of viral infections that don't form syncytia or otherwise create strange cellular morphology, but it's a particularly small group.

Oh yeah, and I'll prove this is old news right now. https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38860.msg1441958.html#msg1441958

Also! Fun fact, syncytia appear to increase the effectiveness of immune response (because larger cells are brighter beacons for T response, increasing antibody effectiveness). So let's just set this bullshit aside, the virus is plenty scary without laypeople getting hung up on shit that's so ordinary and everyday it shouldn't be remarked on and treating it as if demonic possession is happening on the cellular level.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Hmmm... So you must not likewise be a layperson then right? Them Wikipedia links got this alllll handled. Your superiority is assured. See that has to be what this is about or you would not NEED to grouse about it and talk down to me while also pretending to be the one and only levelheaded voice of reason on the thread.

This virus IS freakish in action. Seems like all too often when I emphasize that I am accused explicitly or implicitly of ignorance and fearmongering. I admit to some of the former of course, but yall can get fucked on the latter and your posturing. I'm done. There is obviously nothing left to do but stack bodies and acknowledge your intellectual superiority ITT.

:digtbk2:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

This will end well for everyone involved.  I can sense it.
Molon Lube