News:

PD.com: You're safer in New Bedford.

Main Menu

Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in

Started by The Wizard Joseph, February 29, 2020, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 31, 2020, 09:14:39 PM
https://apnews.com/a25f04dd3484923e7fd1a59e3808d774

"US death toll eclipses China's as reinforcements head to NYC"

Yeah and we did it faster than them counting from first known cases too iirc.

We're going to see continuous exponential expansion here purely because of flaws in our policies and culture as far as any effort to meaningful suppression are concerned. We are a powder keg already superficially ablaze and fuckers are pouring gas on it. It's only a matter of time, and not much of it.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

on a lighter note, this is the best conspiracy theory of the decade -that Governor Andrew Cuomo has pierced nipples.

https://twitter.com/MalpalCreation/status/1244819477981790210

His spokesman denies it, but come on
https://www.insider.com/andrew-cuomo-nipple-piercing-governor-2020-4

some reporter questioned his ex-girlfriend, and she was like "That's a ridiculous question, you shouldn't body shame people" -- but she didn't actually comment on the nipples.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on April 02, 2020, 06:06:51 PM
on a lighter note, this is the best conspiracy theory of the decade -that Governor Andrew Cuomo has pierced nipples.

some reporter questioned his ex-girlfriend, and she was like "That's a ridiculous question, you shouldn't body shame people" -- but she didn't actually comment on the nipples.

....Are his nips low? Or is it just me?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Suu on April 02, 2020, 08:17:43 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 02, 2020, 06:06:51 PM

....Are his nips low? Or is it just me?

He's 300 years old.  He's lucky he doesn't trip over the fucking things.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on April 02, 2020, 06:16:40 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/aerosol-coronavirus-spread-white-house-letter/index.html

seems that TWJ may not be paranoid

I am DEFINITELY paranoid. I have understanding of aspects of society and a sense of greater reality that can quickly go from a question "Am I paranoid?" to a postmortem hindsight, "Nope, they weren't paranoid enough. RIP". What I am not is easily rattled, nor am I paranoid schizophrenic.

I AM currently through trauma and extraordinary distress experiencing a severe schizoid personality disorder like "fight club", but I am not under the delusion that this alt is a person separate from myself and having hallucinations of the objective reality of this other person, who also considers himself "Joseph" and claims to be the first to bear that name, and that I am an inheritor of that particular soul. I don't buy into that bullshit in the slightest. Even given reincarnation as a fact, I am this Joseph and no other. I'm a loving red-blooded Italian Irish American and son of Wisconsin.

I know that I have gone mad by rational definitions, and that treatment in the foreseeable future is unlikely, but I am coping well and not in conflict with myselves, so to speak. I can still think clearly and actually have begun to see backhanded advantages to my state of being. I am my own sounding board while thinking and He seems to be able to percieve the environment better than I can. I can effectively watch my own back, for example. I suspect that this alt has been with me for quite some time in my subconscious and has now become manifest all the time. He can remind me about things I had forgotten and it explains some of the most uncanny moments in my life. I'm crazy, but I'm making do quite well given the circumstances.

I wanted to be wrong about the aerosol thing. I take no joy here, but rather taste bitterness worse than any oranges.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

Just saying: this forum has had more than a couple plural folks around. So, yknow, in case the split becomes permanent you won’t be far out of place — I can even give some tips to making your headspace healthy for both of you if that does happen. I have 5 people currently, though the number changes from time to time.

Dulug/Ada/??? (girl has worse name issues than I do) says hi, she recalls starting off something like what you describe here, just much younger and more trauma-linked. I’ve also had more than a few temporary additions from high stress, so that other side might well just go away too.

Most important things to remember: whatever happens, having someone else in your head is not always bad, and can in fact get you through some horrible shit without too much permanent damage. They’re also just as human as you are and should be treated as such. Keeping that all in mind makes any possible outcome way better (no self-traumatizing if temporary and no pissing off your permanent internal roommate otherwise).

ETA: Also, PM me if you want more info, but I wouldn’t be too hard on the claims the other persona is making either. I’ve got weirder stories and I’m pretty sure I figured out the basic reasons for that sort of thing. (It ain’t magicks, either.)
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm thinking
'Bout using
Royal We,
And He finds
That very
Amusing.
Then He laughs
With Me.

I'll probably hit you in PM soonish altered.
Now let's get this thread back on track.  :)

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

we have topped one million cases. it's doubling every week or so conservatively. this is a major tipping point adding millions and millions by the end of April in very fast order.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?utm_campaign=homeAdvegas1?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

altered

12 Monkeys is a really bad source of pandemic info.

That said, zoonotic transmission is a multiplier. I've read enough about the science of virology to know this is Alarm Bells time.

When we see human-animal-human transmission, which is what's actually dangerous (this spread to a tiger is not remotely concerning taken by itself) it will be too late to ring the alarm. People need to be worrying about it immediately.

Obviously, like, that means people who have the knowledge and resources to do anything. Everyone else should just avoid petting strange animals, and keep their pets inside as much as reasonably possible.

Which was already a good idea, you know.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

yeah I'm not citing 12 monkeys as some sort of gospel, far from it, but animal resivoirs of the virus both increase likely mutation and make eradication all the less likely. It's definitely a case worthy of note. i heard early reports when I first started digging into China's response that they ordered pets euthanized, but had no confirmation of zoonotic transmission. Now i do, sadly.
:|

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl