News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in

Started by The Wizard Joseph, February 29, 2020, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Chad picks on me for being an autistic virgin nerd...
BUT...
Chad also gives me autism?
How can that be fair?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

altered

Got it all backwards pal

The virgins just think they're autistic, the chad actually is that's why he got all those weird poses, it's stimming
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 26, 2020, 06:03:55 PM
Quote from: Juana on July 25, 2020, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 24, 2020, 08:02:44 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-arizona/arizona-drops-in-person-school-start-date-as-virus-rate-remains-high-idUSKCN24O34O
Welp. 🙃🙃🙃

Almost nobody is going to send their kids, as far as I can tell.

Why do i have a vague recollection that not sending your kids to school is reason for CPS to come knocking at your door? I wonder if more of a reason its more of an excuse in the context of greater abuse and its their way to get their foot in the door?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on July 26, 2020, 09:37:27 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-arizona/arizona-drops-in-person-school-start-date-as-virus-rate-remains-high-idUSKCN24O34O
Welp. 🙃🙃🙃

Why do i have a vague recollection that not sending your kids to school is reason for CPS to come knocking at your door? I wonder if more of a reason its more of an excuse in the context of greater abuse and its their way to get their foot in the door?

Not if you reg as a homeschool parent.  Which takes all of 5 minutes to start.  It is a bugger to maintain, though.
Molon Lube

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 27, 2020, 05:08:11 PM
Welp. 🙃🙃🙃

Not if you reg as a homeschool parent.  Which takes all of 5 minutes to start.  It is a bugger to maintain, though.

Can and will CPS strong arm the general population on this? Cause i see it coming.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on July 27, 2020, 06:36:04 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 27, 2020, 05:08:11 PM
Welp. 🙃🙃🙃

Can and will CPS strong arm the general population on this? Cause i see it coming.

Depends on the state, I think.  Most states won't fight homeschooling.

They will instead just take all the school money and invest in private prisons.
Molon Lube

Juana

CPS, in California anyway, is only doing visits for things like "we think this parent may imminently sell their child to traffickers" atm so very doubtful.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Fujikoma

The people who homeschool in the face of the pandemic will survive, the ones who don't may lose family members. It will suck and it will have resounding consequences. Homeschooling, it's not just for weird Libertarians anymore.

I have problems with the Trump administration insisting that schools open, they're playing games with people's lives. Everyone knows that every snot-nosed brat-child licks every doorknob they come across and mercilessly spreads disease, this was acceptable when it was the Flu, which, while it kills people doesn't cause lasting damage, but when it comes to COVID-19 we have to be especially careful. I met a woman I fell hopelessly in love with, she feels the same way, but neither of us want to take the chance of visiting eachother and giving the other the disease. But you know the Trump cultists will be sure to have their doorknob lickers step it up and get everyone they can sick, mostly in their own family. Maybe some form of Darwinism will emerge from this, but as an idiot that survives the worst shit I've lost faith in natural selection.

LMNO

Quote from: Fujikoma on July 28, 2020, 07:40:50 PM
The people who homeschool in the face of the pandemic will survive, the ones who don't may lose family members. It will suck and it will have resounding consequences. Homeschooling, it's not just for weird Libertarians anymore.

Then there will be families who simply can't, since our economy is based on using school as childcare (and healthcare, and food security) while the parents work.  Especially people on the low end of the "economic inequality" equation.

And because of historical racial inequality, that means more BIPOC will die, statistically.

So basically, Steve Miller has a constant hardon these days.

Fujikoma

You're right, and it sucks. It's what we're going to have to do though to side-step the doorknob-licker apocolypse. Let's hope someone puts Trump out of commission before his administration can flex on schools for them to open.

EDIT: My best friend had a crisis recently, ICE was going to ship her brother out of the country because all his classes went online, luckilly a week or two and twenty-something lawsuit-filers later they changed the rule.

LMNO

Cramulus

fucking SHIT
now I have to change my twitter avatar