Author Topic: The Time Traveler's Apology  (Read 662 times)

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • si autem non vis tribulationis et angustiae, non
    • View Profile
The Time Traveler's Apology
« on: March 18, 2020, 05:30:40 pm »
I'm so sorry honey, I forgot our -50th anniversary, I will make it up to you in universe number 1304. 

Perhaps dinner overlooking the hubbub of the Parthenon, and maybe a stroll through the ruins of DC?

I could just go back and do it properly, but we'd both know that's cheating.  Well, I'd know. 

Anyway, I am/will be/was sorry.  Potentially.  We'll have to wait for the wave to collapse to be sure.

Love,
Your determined indeterminate.
"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: The Time Traveler's Apology
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:34:20 pm »
Dad,

I wrecked the car.  But at least that means our insurance will go down.

"Daisy had syphilis, Tom died of genital warts, and Nick Carroway watched it all in mounting horror, then made off with the silverware and the maid."
~ The Good Reverend

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2020, 01:44:03 am »
I have gone back to 2019 six times now, and it occurs to me that we were never actually promised good choices.
~ The Good Reverend

chaotic neutral observer

• not a real discordian
  • Outlandish
  • I saw what you did and I'm okay with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 12:57:01 am »
Listen, I only had enough time-fuel for one more jump.  I had to choose between stopping Hitler, and stemming the next wave of boy bands.

I stand by my decision.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

• Outlandish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:52:50 am »
To Whom It May Concern at the ConHugeCo Company,

I apologize for missing the job interview. I look forward to making the job interview.

Sincerely,

Job Titor
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn