News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

A Discordian Resolution, Maybe Paradigm Revolution

Started by The Wizard Joseph, March 23, 2020, 03:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

So, it's come to this huh? Locked in an imaginary box on FB with an assortment of weirdos, freaks, and other reality deviants while The Powers That Be steadily manage to fuck up their precious little paradigm because they largely got blindsided by a teeny-tiny little super bug. I know for a fact at this point that some shit is about to go down. Sadly it's a given that things are going to get bad. I propose that we merely do our part as self proclaimed associates of The Goddess Eris to also make the apocalypse as WEIRD as possible, like uncomfortably weird. What are They gonna do to stop us? There's a world shaking emergency developing! They're a little preoccupied at the moment. Didn't even see the Discordians coming. Suckers.

I propose not weirdness for its own sake, but rather a sense of alleviating humour be brought into the world in the Name of Eris! Get involved in your local community efforts and be openly Discordian about it. Let your freak flag fly sky high, but also do something tangible to make yourself useful to the world AND LET THE WORLD SEE YOU DO IT IN HER NAME.

Reach out to your local community action groups and claim to represent The Discordian Society's contribution to their efforts. Make the Goddess proud! Get some shit done like you have nothing left to lose, because you don't really. You CAN make yourself useful AND make a mark in Eris' name though.

Now is the time to crank up the weirdness! Would you rather just die in a box, waiting for the world to return to "normal" again!? We all know better, and I think we can do better while haveing WAY more fun doing it than anyone could reasonably expect in times like these!! If they think that the Coronavirus virus is bad just wait until They got Eris cropping up all over the place and Her damned Discordians intentionally insinuating themselves into the fabric of society. They'll never get the paradigm clean again. You just can't get Discordianism out once it sets in. Her shit is permanent!

Try to think of this as a way to cope, a way to let your stress out and also do something good for the people around you. The Powers That Be ain't coming to help anybody, It is known. So stand strong! Clench your fist. Set your face to the sun and declare that you will NOT go down without a fight!! Remember that YOU ARE NOT DEAD YET! You have the power of Eris coursing through your neurons and can do something memorable AND helpful for the people around you!

They want you
Afraid.
So be
Unafraid.

The Goddess be with us all.
Hail Eris.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

I just dug out a gas mask that I bought 10 years ago with the intent of making some kind of costume out of it. I'm thinking of incorporating it into a functioning plague doctor suit.

You know, just for shopping and whatnot.
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Bruno on March 23, 2020, 03:25:51 AM
I just dug out a gas mask that I bought 10 years ago with the intent of making some kind of costume out of it. I'm thinking of incorporating it into a functioning plague doctor suit.

Imagine how useful that could prove to be! Look out for yourself of course, but if you do even one good deed for the people you know and care about in Eris' name then you've got The Spirit I'm getting at here.

You might also offer hugs to people because you will both be safe and you can be sprayed down easily enough between hugs so a lot of hugs can be given. People are going to need hugs. You'll be offering an essential public service! Get pics and put up a YouTube video in Her name. People might even give you money, not the people that need the hugs, but people online that want to improve the hug economy.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

I'm with you, Joseph -- trying to figure out which Discordian attitudes are most useful right now.

-Humor and absurdism, to thaw the heart
-Skepticism and critical thought - to cut through the fog of misinformation
-The acceptance and celebration of papacy - Eris speaks directly to me, and she will get me through this, but it means making up my own way to get through this quarantine.

been trying to think up some posters

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on March 23, 2020, 11:03:02 AM
I'm with you, Joseph -- trying to figure out which Discordian attitudes are most useful right now.

-The acceptance and celebration of papacy - Eris speaks directly to me, and she will get me through this, but it means making up my own way to get through this quarantine.

And I'm with you, Cramulus. We're all in this one together. I've often thought to myself that we have everything we need for a paradigm shift right here at PD except intentional, organized distribution and funds necessary to carry it out. Think not in terms of "how many fliers can I hang" but in terms of "how many fliers can I cause to be hung". Like Tom Sawyer and the whitewashed fence, but not motivated by laziness, rather an urgent NEED to leverage effective group action. Ask yourself who you can call, what your resources to hand can accomplish, how to acquire MORE resources and instill action into MORE willing people. You gotta step back from the short game of often dejected "what can I do?" and view the long game of "what can I CAUSE?" That's my thoughts on how to proceed strategically anyway.

But there's more to it than that thought of distribution. We ourselves must contort to the circumstances at hand, sure, but you must never lose sight of WHY. You must try to teach others how whenever possible so they too can be more effective in action for others. But you gotta be ready for the pushback and folly of humanity too. This isn't about some push for a bullshit utopia or idealism of any sort. It's just about doing good in hellish circumstances and putting Her stamp on all of it as something that people can rally around, and even fear a bit. Who knows what lengths the Discordians may go to to protect their communities? Would YOU steal from or threaten the mad eyed zealots of a truly horrible Goddess when they're trying to do the right thing at ANY cost?

My phone is just about out of juice and so am I. More later.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

And a GRIN.  Because we have TEETH.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 23, 2020, 03:24:40 PM

And a GRIN.  Because we have TEETH.

Oh yeah baby! The GRIN is in. 
:peedee:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

41D5K1N6

The wink of a butterfly can cause a thunderstorm, right?
Why rush things?
Lay back, things will go the way, because Eris is the way, and we follow her. Don't know what happens if someone tries to overtake her
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

Doktor Howl

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on March 31, 2020, 07:21:36 PM
Why rush things?
Lay back, things will go the way, because Eris is the way, and we follow her. Don't know what happens if someone tries to overtake her

You can't overtake her, because what you are doing automatically falls into her portfolio, whether you want it to or not.

And no, butterflies don't actually cause thunderstorms.  Something the size of a turkey might, though, if it is highly motivated.
Molon Lube

Pergamos

Quote from: Bruno on March 23, 2020, 03:25:51 AM

A doctor offers medical treatment...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on March 31, 2020, 07:21:36 PM
Why rush things?

Little known fact: Eris can in fact outrun Hermes both sprinting and distance running. The other gods just knew better than to give Her any sensitive information. She's more clever than Hermes and at least as treacherous as Prometheus, but knows how to keep up appearances better than either.

Don't be the butterfly,
Be the storm
that sets off storms

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

41D5K1N6

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 02, 2020, 12:16:46 AMDon't be the butterfly,
Be the storm
that sets off storms

Yeah but I'll be a pretty slow and chill storm anyways
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 03, 2020, 05:23:17 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 02, 2020, 12:16:46 AMDon't be the butterfly,
Be the storm
that sets off storms

Yeah but I'll be a pretty slow and chill storm anyways

Every hurricane starts as a slow tropical depression. I'm by no means being critical, just illustrative.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl