News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Fuck Your Mind in 23 Days Meditation Technique

Started by 41D5K1N6, March 28, 2020, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41D5K1N6

Hi all!

Last things first, I'm a noob, so If this is the wrong subforum for this shit please forgive me.

So, some friends and I started developing the Fuck Your Mind in 23 Days Meditation Technique, inspired by Deepak Chopras 21 Day Abundance whatever Meditation.
Why are we doing this? Well, primarilly just for fun, secondly to spread the word of our Godess by any means necessary. Main goal would be to introduce the participants into discordian metaphors, mainly the BIP.
It would be great If I could use excerps of the BIP, the BIP - common walls and/or The Musings of a Faceless Man.

If theres anyone curious about what and how exactly we are developing the FYM23DMT, I surely can post the vague outlines for the different days and the exact scriptures we'd like to use. I could've posted them right here, but I felt like it would be too much for my first post on this board.

Also please forgive my sloppy english.

Hail Eris!
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

The Wizard Joseph

All hail Discordia stranger! What is your native tongue /culture? There is an introduction thread in the Apple Talk subforum IIRC. I'm interested in the deets of your project as you are able to express them.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Hi there,

Generally speaking its best to contact the individual authors regarding specific pieces you may want to use. Though most people are very happy to offer their work for use in a Discordian publication, this generosity has been abused in the past.

So thank you for posting this first, that already shows more courtesy than some people have done. An outline of the overall project would also no doubt be of interest to many.

41D5K1N6

Thank you for your kind words and your interest in our doings!

So for starts I'd like to present the outlines for those 23 Days:

First Block: Chaos
  • Zen-Story
  • No-Pants Gong Parable
  • Ausflippen <-> Meditortur (A concept regarding meditation developed by members of the ℧oS)
  • Order - Disorder Pt. I
  • Sacred Chao Pt. I
Second Block: Discord
  • Duality
  • Ambivalence
  • Love - Hate
  • constructive - destructive (Order - Disorder Pt. II)
  • Sacred Chao Pt. II
Third Block: Confusion some mundane stuff in the beginning, leading to the introduction of the BIP concept
  • Family - Friends
  • Energy - Entropy
  • space - time - spime
  • BIP Pt. I
Fourth Block: Bureaucracy mainly BIP stuff
  • Toxicity - BIP Pt. II
  • Ego Sickness - BIP Pt. III
  • BIP walls Pt. I
  • more BIP walls Pt. II
Fifth Block: Aftermath final step for illumination and confusion, Jailbreaking for Idiots, Sacred Chao Pt. III or something like that, in any case Map <-> Territory and belief
I did not manage yet to find an unuseful order in the last block.

As you can see, I divided the 23 days into five blocks, three of them with five days and two with four days.
Also this project is adressed to people with an intrinsic tendency towards chaos and absurdity, but never got in touch with our Godess, so we could say this would be some kind of Introduction to the Godess of Confusion and Discordian Magick for beginners, who somehow got lost between Nirwana and the Flow of Chakra.??

You can find some of the titles I'm planning to use in the list above. Before publishing I will make sure to ask every author personally If they're down for this shit.

Quote from: Cain on March 28, 2020, 11:53:03 PMGenerally speaking its best to contact the individual authors regarding specific pieces you may want to use. Though most people are very happy to offer their work for use in a Discordian publication, this generosity has been abused in the past.

Yeah, I somewhat got confused by those copyright claims and the principle of not believing what I read, so I figured it surely would not hurt asking  :lol:

kinda OT: is there any place I can rant about that stupid captcha?
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

Cramulus

Hi, welcome aboard! I love your idea.

you are totally welcome to use my writings (No-Pants Gong Parable, Ego Sickness) - just please toss a "Written by Cramulus" in there somewhere.

What's the final form of this project? are you compiling text, audio? Like maybe a podcast or something?

The Wizard Joseph

Love the project concept and although I have no ability to grant permissions necessary as long as its done nonprofit and you get those explicit permissions I think its a great idea for spreading the word and converting odd cabbages into popes, so to speak. I am very limited in technical ability, but good at conception and dissemination of information. If you desire any help in those senses I will do what I can.

I STRONGLY suggest that you and those you may represent here look into and absorb the Holy Nonsense project. QG Pennyworth is its curator/brood mother and she's far better informed than I on matters of legal consent and dissemination of information.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Any of my stuff is fine (with the exception of the novels, which have been published elsewhere), so long as attribution is given.

(My stuff = Doktor Howl and The Good Reverend Roger)
Molon Lube

41D5K1N6

Wow, I really appreciate your positive comments regarding my project! Keeps me somewhat motivated keeping on the work  :)

Quote from: Cramulus on March 29, 2020, 02:09:16 PMWhat's the final form of this project? are you compiling text, audio? Like maybe a podcast or something?

So I'm planning to first publish this in a group chat with some of my friends susceptible to weird shit, posting texts and challenges day by day, along with pictures and pieces of music suiting the individual day's topic. When this is finished we might cling onto a second version with some audio files participants can meditate on, but first we have to get the structure and write the individual day's texts.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 29, 2020, 02:09:44 PM
I am very limited in technical ability, but good at conception and dissemination of information. If you desire any help in those senses I will do what I can.

I would very much appreciate that! I collected a shit ton of information, texts and concepts I want to mention but somehow struggle to create a nice flowing red thread throughout the 23 days. Unfortunately most of my brainstorm is handwritten on several loose sheets only readable by me. If you're interested I can try and digitalise that into a comprehensible form.

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 29, 2020, 02:09:44 PMI STRONGLY suggest that you and those you may represent here look into and absorb the Holy Nonsense project. QG Pennyworth is its curator/brood mother and she's far better informed than I on matters of legal consent and dissemination of information.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a read today!

Any piece of scripture which is not by me or my crew will of course be credited clearly.

Oh, and does by any chance someone have a leftover copy of the Honest Book of Truth? I sadly did not manage to find it myself neither here nor in the D.I.S.L.I.B. :(
(lvlup soon)

The Wizard Joseph

I would be happy to examine your notation and give my opinions. I suggest that you take the time to transcribe your writing into digital text for ease of reading, editing, and transfer. If you're serious, and I believe you are or I would not be say this, then that effort will pay off many fold towards your ultimate end just on basis of the ability to copy/paste alone.

Here is a link to a rant I recently wrote and disseminated widely among Discordian groups in FB. I renounce all rights to it, but attribution to T. W. Joseph would be appreciated though unnecessary.
Absorb this spirit and your motivation may increase!
https://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,38871.0.html

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

41D5K1N6

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on March 30, 2020, 02:02:47 PM
I would be happy to examine your notation and give my opinions. I suggest that you take the time to transcribe your writing into digital text for ease of reading, editing, and transfer. If you're serious, and I believe you are or I would not be say this, then that effort will pay off many fold towards your ultimate end just on basis of the ability to copy/paste alone.

Well, currently my working station is limited to a Lenovo Tablet with the most broken screen you would ever see, a shitty bluetooth keyboard and an iPhone 6+. You can imagine how much fun it is to try and get something done with this hardware.

Nevertheless I managed to fine-tune the texts for the first eleven days, so here they would be, if i could post more than 20000 characters. :argh!:
So those will follow in the next posts, here I will leave some thoughts of mine.

I think I really managed to get and stay on the point I wanted to up until now. The point I need to rethink is the regularity of extra material in audio and/or visual formats on each day. Also the introduction stiill feels kinda sloppy to me, might be, that i will distinguish between a general intro and the one for the first "launch" of this project.
Also, from here on (Day 11) things should start go down pretty hard, as the BIP concept is on the verge of being introduced. Sadly I still struggle to digitalise my freaking mind maps and flowcharts and whatever, might manage that this weekend or next or so.

Up until then I'm very eager to hear what you think of this mess I created! Thank you for showing intrest!
(lvlup soon)

41D5K1N6

Welcome!

How are you doing? Is everything in place, is all well? Do you manage to keep your sanity?
Well, here's some news for you: Everything is fucked! We are all going to shit!
So ist this the end? Is all hope gone? Are we all lost in this terrible loop trying to avoid the inevitable downfall of humanity by trying to make positive life decisions, sharing love and compassion with the individuals surrounding us?
Fear not, there is still something you can do!

In the name of the Aktion 23, the ℧niversCity of Sockovia, the hyper modern, esoteric and rational Illuminati of the Starfish and the houly Ordo Dea Discordia with the very much appreciated help of the Paratheo-Anametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric, the Little Deluded Dupes (or Legion of Dynamic Discord or Lawless Delicacy Dealers, whatever) and other incoherent, mainly discordian sub-cabals, I warmly welcome you to the brand new *Fuck Your Mind in 23 Days Meditation Technique*. (I, L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos, HM,ERIS, O⁙D⁙D⁙, ℧oS/FIRI am the main developer of this program and will be the host for this very first group.)

So, what is the goal of all this?
Well, there is none. If there were any, it would be something like helping you to establish different tactics to handle unpleasant encounters and situations life tends to throw at you. Because they won't stop, they just change. We also can not make them stop, no matter how hard we meditatate or how conscious we are. But we can anticipate change, so we don't lure ouselves into unforseen disasters.

What should you expect coming at you during these 23 days?
We will explore the vast plurality of infinity, which also includes the deep and dark realms of existence. If you desire connection with your "higher self", but not the dark part of it, I suggest you to quit as the following meditations might cause serious harm. I'm not planning however to make this a satanic, evil-worshipping seance, rather embracing the slogan "To serve the light, we work in the dark." If you'd like to participate nevertheless, I'd like to remind you that you can not make unseen what you have seen! This is not a warning!

How will this work?
Every day there will be a small text with different topics to think about. Occasionally I will add a video, a short story or a piece of music for you to meditate on, maybe there even will be some tasks for you to do. *Everything is completely mandatory!* If you decide skip on a day, please write _"Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me!"_ in this group. If not, write something else, or nothing at all, but please don't make this a spam orgy, so at least some order can be preserved in this group.
Please be aware that you may handle every point just as you feel comfortable with! There is also no requirement in how long you have to focus on the topics. If you have troubles in finding the gist of the day's task, or have any other questions or critique, feel free to ask, I'll gladly help!

PART I. - CHAOS
DAY 1

Welcome to our first day through our journey through chaos!
Let me introduce you to a little story about a very confused young man seeking guidance:

A ZEN STORY

by Camden Benares, The Count of Five
      Headmaster, Camp Meeker Cabal

A serious young man found the conflicts of mid 20th Century America confusing. He went to many people seeking a way of resolving within himself the discords that troubled him, but he remained troubled.

One night in a coffee house, a self-ordained Zen Master said to him, "go to the dilapidated mansion you will find at this address which I have written down for you. Do not speak to those who live there; you must remain silent until the moon rises tomorrow night. Go to the large room on the right of the main hallway, sit in the lotus position on top of the rubble in the northeast corner, face the corner, and meditate."

He did just as the Zen Master instructed. His meditation was frequently interrupted by worries. He worried whether or not the rest of the plumbing fixtures would fall from the second floor bathroom to join the pipes and other trash he was sitting on. He worried how would he know when the moon rose on the next night. He worried about what the people who walked through the room said about him.

His worrying and meditation were disturbed when, as if in a test of his faith, ordure fell from the second floor onto him. At that time two people walked into the room. The first asked the second who the man was sitting there was. The second replied "Some say he is a holy man. Others say he is a shithead."

Hearing this, the man was enlightened.

Now, please have a thought or two about this story. After that, you might enjoy listening to this and look upon this picture. Have a nice day!

DAY 2

Hello there!, I'm glad you made it back!
After yesterdays story about enightenment, here's another one:

THE PARABLE OF THE GONG
by Cramulus

There was once a young Discordian called Golden Rod. Early in his illumination, he wondered what season his country was in. Perhaps it was in the season of Discord, on the cusp of Bureaucracy. Surely, Order was rising to noxious levels. Or perhaps it was already Bureaucracy, on the cusp of Aftermath. Surely, Disorder was rising to obnoxious levels. So in his quest for An Answer, Golden Rod sought out the Discordian monk Nopants. Nopants dwelled in a basement because it would be obscene for him to go outside. Golden Rod freed himself from his leggings and descended the stairs. Below, Nopants sat on a cushion in a gross lotus position.
"My wise friend Nopants, I have come to ask you a question," said Golden Rod, "What is Bureaucracy?"
"In India," said Nopants, "they tie elephants to trees using thin cords. An elephant could easily snap the cord, yet they remain tethered in place. Why do you think this is?"

Golden Rod itched himself and shrugged.

"When the elephant is young," intoned Nopants, "she is too weak to break the cord. She tries, but eventually she gives up. When the elephant grows up, she does not try to escape her puny bonds because she believes she will fail."
"So the cord isn't the thing keeping the elephant in place," said Golden Rod. He squinted at Nopants, "That's very interesting, but what does that have to do with Bureaucracy?"
"Bureaucracy," said Nopants, "is waiting for a red traffic light in the middle of the night when no one is coming."

Across space and time, a gong sounded.

Golden Rod left the basement and returned to the real world, thoroughly confused. As he drove home, he ran five red lights. His mirth rose with each light. By the end of the voyage he was giggling like a ninny at his newfound freedom.

Years went by and Golden Rod continued drive towards Aftermath. He ignored stop signs, blew through red lights, and opened his moon roof despite danger of falling rocks. "Sweet Merciful Ass!" cried out Bung-Fu the Fool as he clawed at the dashboard. "You're gonna get us both killed!"
"Nonsense! I am self-emancipated from these mundane traffic laws," cackled Golden Rod. "I am a harbinger of Aftermath!"
"Do you always drive like this?" said Bung-Fu as he buckled his seat belt. Golden Rod nodded. "Always."
Meanwhile, the monk Nopants was wheeling his gong across the street towards his basement. He patiently waited for the light to turn red, then pushed the ponderous percussive instrument upon the pavement.

The collision made the exact sound of enlightenment.

Well, here's another song and picture for you to enjoy! See you tomorrow!

DAY 3

... oh, you! I didn't expect you so soon! How are you doing? I hope just as fine as me!
Now, breaking with our tradition meditating upon strange and somewhat stupid short stories, today I will introduce you to phoolian concepts of meditation. Members of the ℧oS developed two different approaches to what is conventionally called meditating, that are "Meditorture" and "Flipping Out".
One of the goals of conventional meditation is to "clear your mind", that is being completely thoughtless for a while, before the sleigh of mind kicks in. That is what phools call Flipping Out. However, they don't require any special setting. Phools believe, the desired state of mind can be achieved in any way, depending just on how the phool feels comfortable. Imagine dancing to your favourite music - you're barely thinking, are you? We're much rather lost in the moment, the flow of the music, succumbing to the energy surrounding us.
The other aspect, the Meditorture, can be compared to the repeating-mantras-techniqe in conventional meditation. In that, you focus on something, like a mantra or sigil or whatever connected to some form of personal meaning, wish, or something like that. In contrast to Flipping out, the Meditorture is an active activity of your consciousness, where you don't want to fall into the subconscious, rather taking a part of the subconscious into your conscious awareness.

Also there's no song or picture today, as I want to leave you thinking about when and where in your past you might have been flipping out or meditorturing subconsciously. Have fun!

DAY 4

Greetings! I hope you all were eagerly inquiring your past subconscious phoolian experiences!
Today's lesson will be slightly short, as we now have set our basecamp and we're ready to start digging, we don't want to overrush things. So, on this day I'd like to introduce the concept of ORDER and DISORDER. But instead of explaining my oh-so-awesome and enlightening theories, for this time I want you schmucks to think for yourselves! What wisdoms, sayings or experiences do you associate with these concepts? How do they affect your everyday life? Please have a thought or two about that, maybe also write something down (might be useful for later).
Have a great day, see you tomorrow!

DAY 5

Welcome back to the void basecamp, I'm glad to see you all!

After having you think for yourselves about order and disorder, today you will be shown the secrets of the SACRED CHAO, one of the more important symbols of Discordianism.
Here's a little story about how the Sacred Chao (and most of Discordianism) was revealed to Malaclypse the Younger and Lord Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst, as written in the _Principia Discordia_:

THE REVELATION

Just prior to the decade of the nineteen-sixties, when Sputnik was alone and new, and about the time that Ken Kesey took his first acid trip as a medical volunteer; before underground newspapers, Viet Nam, and talk of a second American Revolution; in the comparative quiet of the late nineteen-fifties, just before the idea of RENAISSANCE became relevant....
    Two young Californians, known later as Omar Ravenhurst and Malaclypse the Younger, were indulging in their habit of sipping coffee at an allnight bowling alley and generally solving the world's problems. This particular evening the main subject of discussion was discord and they were complaining to each other of the personal confusion they felt in their respective lives. "Solve the problem of discord," said one, "and all other problems will vanish." "Indeed," said the other, "chaos and strife are the roots of all confusion."

FIRST I MUST SPRINKLE YOU
WITH FAIRY DUST

Suddenly the place became devoid of light. Then an utter silence enveloped them, and a great stillness was felt. Then came a blinding flash of intense light, as though their very psyches had gone nova. Then vision returned.
    The two were dazed and neither moved nor spoke for several minutes. They looked around and saw that the bowlers were frozen like statues in a variety of comic positions, and that a bowling ball was steadfastly anchored to the floor only inches from the pins that it had been sent to scatter. The two looked at each other, totally unable to account for the phenomenon. The condition was one of suspension, and one noticed that the clock had stopped. There walked into the room a chimpanzee, shaggy and grey about the muzzle, yet upright to his full five feet, and poised with natural majesty. He carried a scroll and walked to the young men.
    "Gentlemen," he said, "why does Pickering's Moon go about in reverse orbit? Gentlemen, there are nipples on your chests; do you give milk? And what, pray tell, Gentlemen, is to be done about Heisenberg's Law?" He paused. "SOMEBODY HAD TO PUT ALL OF THIS CONFUSION HERE!"
    And with that he revealed his scroll. It was a diagram, like a yin- yang with a pentagon on one side and an apple on the other. And then he exploded and the two lost consciousness.
(lvlup soon)

41D5K1N6

QuoteERIS - Goddess of Chaos, Discord & Confusion

They awoke to the sound of pins clattering, and found the bowlers engaged in their game and the waitress busy with making coffee. It was apparant that their experience had been private.
    They discussed their strange encounter and reconstructed from memory the chimpanzee's diagram. Over the next five days they searched libraries to find the significance of it, but were disappointed to uncover only references to Taoism, the Korean flag, and Technocracy. It was not until they traced the Greek writing on the apple that they discovered the ancient Goddess known to the Greeks as Eris and to the Romans as Discordia. This was on the fifth night, and when they slept that night each had a vivid dream of a splendid woman whose eyes were as soft as feather and as deep as eternity itself, and whose body was the spectacular dance of atoms and universes. Pyrotechnics of pure energy formed her flowing hair, and rainbows manifested and dissolved as she spoke in a warm and gentle voice:

" I have come to tell you that you are free. Many ages ago, My consciousness left man, that he might develop himself. I return to find this development approaching completion, but hindered by fear and by misunderstanding.
    You have built for yourselves psychic suits of armor, and clad in them, your vision is restricted, your movements are clumsy and painful, your skin is bruised, and your spirit is broiled in the sun.
    I am chaos. I am the substance from which your artists and scientists build rhythms. I am the spirit with which your children and clowns laugh in happy anarchy. I am chaos. I am alive, and I tell you that you are free."

During the next months they studied philosophies and theologies, and learned that Eris or Discordia was primarily feared by the ancients as being disruptive. Indeed, the very concept of chaos was still considered equivalent to strife and treated as a negative. "No wonder things are all screwed up," they concluded, "they have got it all backwards." They found that the principle of disorder was every much as significant as the principle of order.
    With this in mind, they studied the strange yin-yang. During a meditation one afternoon, a voice came to them:

"    It is called the Sacred Chao. I appoint you Keepers of It. Therein you will find anything you like. Speak of Me as Discord, to show contrast to the pentagon. Tell constricted mankind that there are no rules, unless they choose to invent rules. Keep close the words of Syadasti: 'TIS AN ILL WIND THAT BLOWS NO MINDS. And remember that there is no tyranny in the State of Confusion. For further information, consult your pineal gland.  "

Now try and consult your pineal gland and see what will happen!

PART II - DISCORD
DAY 6

Hi there, great to see so many of you made it to the second part of this journey! Now, in order to dig really deep, we have yet some preperation to do.
You remember your concepts of order and disorder? Today we will explore the underlying concept of that, which is DUALITY. Again I ask you to think for yourselves: Make yourself aware in how many ways you can express two opposing extremes.
Bonus Challenge: Observe yourself while thinking about certain extremes, how your mood changes in comparison from one extreme to the other. Do you notice yourself judging or prefering one extreme over the other? How do you react to your feelings and your reason thinking of certain examples?

DAY 7

Hello, it's me again, leading you further on the path of Eris Discordia, I hope you enjoyed the ride so far.

So, after we examined certain aspects of duality and two opposing extremes, today we're trying to comprehend the concept of ABIVALENCE, which is two apparently self-excluding opposites being present at one time, or speaking in formal logic, A=¬A, which is seemingly illogical. However, humans in certain situations tend to find themselves in ambivalent situations or having some kind of double morale. Now, have you experienced the feeling of ambivalence before? Did any of them arise in your thoughts of yesterday's topic? Try checking on which topics you feel the sensation of ambivalence and how your actions might be affected by that.

DAY 8

Hi, good to see you!

Now we have faced ambivalence, I'd like to pick out a special one I'm sure you all have already considered in the last two days. Today we will face the emotions LOVE & HATE.
Let me share some of my thoughts concerning this. A very analytic thinker might already have had some troubles concerning the simultaneous presence of two excluding extremes, and now this topic is even focused on human's emotions and desires, which also are a very uncomfortable to think of as a very logical person, they even might try to discredit their emotions and desires, because they see no other way in resolving the tension ambivalence is able to create. However this is not the way we try to go. In fact, there is no need in resolving the tension. Rather than fighting it, we might as well try and find a way to handle such states of mind.
Now consider today's topic and think about people in your past and present you had an intense relationship with - what made them so intense? Was it only the beautiful things you managed to share with each other or maybe also the moments of fighting, screaming and disagreement on certain topics, which might made you rethink some behaviour patterns or emotional blockades? Imagine being in a relationship with an entirely awesome person, who forgets to put back the cap of the toothpaste everytime they brush their teeth. And that somehow bothers you. But as them being the most awesome person who ever lived in any other regard, you choose to not feel angry about that toothpaste cap. But every time you go into that bathroom and see that capless toothpaste, your first thought is about punching your partner straight onto the eyebrow, even if you chose to not feel angered by that anymore.
Now here's the point: You can keep on trying to fight your emotions, rationalizing them as "trivial" or "irrelevant", but eventually they will come up overwhelmingly, resulting in an eruption of hate you always tried to avoid. But let me tell you a secret: This can be avoided! "How?", you might ask, but this, again, is a perfect opportunity to think for yourselves!

Let me close this day by sharing thils little story, again from the Principia Discordia:

A SERMON ON ETHICS AND LOVE

One day Mal-2 asked the messenger spirit Saint Gulik to approach the Goddess and request Her presence for some desperate advice. Shortly afterwards the radio came on by itself, and an ethereal female Voice said YES?
        "O! Eris! Blessed Mother of Man! Queen of Chaos! Daughter of Discord! Concubine of Confusion! O! Exquisite Lady, I beseech You to lift a heavy burden from my heart!"
        WHAT BOTHERS YOU, MAL? YOU DON'T SOUND WELL.
        "I am filled with fear and tormented with terrible visions of pain. Everywhere people are hurting one another, the planet is rampant with injustices, whole societies plunder groups of their own people, mothers imprison sons, children perish while brothers war. O, woe."
        WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH THAT, IF IT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?
        "But nobody wants it! Everybody hates it."
        OH. WELL, THEN STOP.
        At which moment She turned herself into an aspirin commercial and left The Polyfather stranded alone with his species.

DAY 9

Still not done yet? Very well then, let's continue!
We start going deeper now, as I will introduce you to the curse of Greyface:

GREYFACE
from the Principia Discordia

In the year 1166 B.C., a malcontented hunchbrain by the name of Greyface, got it into his head that the universe was as humorless as he, and he began to teach that play was sinful because it contradicted the ways of Serious Order. "Look at all the order around you," he said. And from that, he deluded honest men to believe that reality was a straightjacket affair and not the happy romance as men had known it.
It is not presently understood why men were so gullible at that particular time, for absolutely no one thought to observe all the disorder around them and conclude just the opposite. But anyway, Greyface and his followers took the game of playing at life more seriously than they took life itself and were known even to destroy other living beings whose ways of life differed from their own.
The unfortunate result of this is that mankind has since been suffering from a psychological and spiritual imbalance. Imbalance causes frustration, and frustration causes fear. And fear makes for a bad trip. Man has been on a bad trip for a long time now.

It is called THE CURSE OF GREYFACE.

THE CURSE OF GREYFACE AND THE INTRODUCTION  OF NEGATIVISM

To choose order over disorder, or disorder over order, is to accept a trip composed of both the creative and the destructive. But to choose the creative over the destructive is an all-creative trip composed of both order and disorder. To accomplish this, one need only accept creative disorder along with, and equal to, creative order, and also willing to reject destructive order as an undesirable equal to destructive disorder.
      The Curse of Greyface included the division of life into order/disorder as the essential positive/negative polarity, instead of building a game foundation with creative/destructive as the essential positive/negative. He has thereby caused man to endure the destructive aspects of order and has prevented man from effectively participating in the creative uses of disorder. Civilization reflects this unfortunate division.
      POEE proclaims that the other division is preferable, and we work toward the proposition that creative disorder, like creative order, is possible and desirable; and that destructive order, like destructive disorder, is unnecessary and undesirable.
      Seek the Sacred Chao - therein you will find the foolishness of all ORDER/DISORDER. They are the same!

Now, you surely know some examples in your circle of friends who really have to struggle with their order/disorder. You might as well be one of them!
See there's people clinging onto daily rituals and structures, who struggle to be spontaneous. Also see those, who live in a mess, living day by day with no clear view of the future. See it's not a problem of order or disorder, but a problem of creativity and destruction of each individual's lives.
You might want to revisit your thoughts of Day 4 and compare your thoughts back then and now.

DAY 10

So you're still in, huh? Let's fuck your mind a little more then....
Today I will further show you the secret secrets hidden in the Sacred Chao:

HERE FOLLOWS SOME PSYCHO-METAPHYSICS.
(If you are not hot for philosophy, best just to skip it.)

The Aneristic Principle is that of APPARENT ORDER; the Eristic Principle is that of APPARENT DISORDER. Both order and disorder are man made concepts and are artificial divisions of PURE CHAOS, which is a level deeper that is the level of distinction making.
With our concept making apparatus called "mind" we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about- reality are mistakenly labeled "reality" and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality" differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T True) reality is a level deeper that is the level of concept.
We look at the world through windows on which have been drawn grids (concepts). Different philosophies use different grids.
A culture is a group of people with rather similar grids. Through a window we view chaos, and relate it to the points on our grid, and thereby understand it. The ORDER is in the GRID. That is the Aneristic Principle.
        Western philosophy is traditionally concerned with contrasting one grid with another grid, and amending grids in hopes of finding a perfect one that will account for all reality and will, hence, (say unenlightened westerners) be True. This is illusory; it is what we Erisians call the ANERISTIC ILLUSION. Some grids can be more useful than others, some more beautiful than others, some more pleasant than others, etc., but none can be more True than any other.
        DISORDER is simply unrelated information viewed through some particular grid. But, like "relation", no-relation is a concept. Male, like female, is an idea about sex. To say that male-ness is "absence of female-ness", or vice versa, is a matter of definition and metaphysically arbitrary. The artificial concept of no-relation is the ERISTIC PRINCIPLE.
        The belief that "order is true" and disorder is false or somehow wrong, is the Aneristic Illusion. To say the same of disorder, is the ERISTIC ILLUSION.
        The point is that (little-t) truth is a matter of definition relative to the grid one is using at the moment, and that (capital-T) Truth, metaphysical reality, is irrelevant to grids entirely. Pick a grid, and through it some chaos appears ordered and some appears disordered. Pick another grid, and the same chaos will appear differently ordered and disordered.

Reality is the original Rorschach.

Verily! So much for all that.

Now let that sink in for a while. You might already have heard of the grids-and-patterns-metaphor before in other contexts. Do you feel comfortable with this portrayal? Why? Or why not?
We will investigate this point later on, so if you don't like this, we will help you creating your own metaphor you feel comfortable with, no worries.

PART III - Confusion
DAY 11

Good to see you! We've been digging pretty deep now, so let's take a step back, take a rest in our basecamp  and have a thought or two about our families and friends.
You might already have considered some members of those parties on Day 8, but now let's focus on your attitude towards these concepts. That could be "What does family mean to me? What does friendship mean to me? Where are mutualities, similarities or differences?", or something like that, I don't know.
What did you come up with? How do you feel and percieve all these different types of relationships and how do you adjust your actions towards different people? What do you do by your will and what do you feel obliged to and why?
Try not to get lost too deeply into your thoughts, we are taking a break, remember?
(lvlup soon)

41D5K1N6

Just saw that there's a subforum called "Project Board"

Would any of you admins be so kind to move this thread over there? :*
(lvlup soon)