News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Be a Discordian! But play it safe!

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, April 01, 2020, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41D5K1N6

Holy shit Cram what a text

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 05, 2020, 07:18:59 AM
Quote from: altered on April 04, 2020, 05:16:47 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/88/c9/c588c937214d9f3b7de0a05ee5352547.jpg

It's an anime Pepe with that ugly 4chan man for the lower bits. This is a wretch.

To be fair, I only saw the avatar after you mentioned it, but a name like AIDSKING is bad enough.

Yeah.

Yeah, once when I was thirteen I thought "what could be the most inappropriate username ever?" so here I am, h8ers gonna h8, deal with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And if you're afraid I'm a Nazi, don't worry, when I first got in touch with my local antifa they all thought I were an undercover cop so I know how it feels to be misjudged. Also discordians have to stick apart, so I don't care if you don't like me, as long as we help each other create wonderful bits of propaganda :*
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

Faust

Jesus christ everyone, He's a cop you read it right there, watch out for the narc
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bwana Honolulu

Yeah don't worry, I know him in person and I can confirm he is totally not a cop. Also I wasn't forced typing this at gunpoint. Hope this is helpful.
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 05, 2020, 10:53:13 AM
I don't care if you don't like me, as long as we help each other create wonderful bits of propaganda
A group of people who dislike you aren't likely to collaborate with you.

I mean, duh.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

It's an anime Pepe with that ugly 4chan man for the lower bits. This is a wretch.

To be fair, I only saw the avatar after you mentioned it, but a name like AIDSKING is bad enough.

Yeah.

Yeah, once when I was thirteen I thought "what could be the most inappropriate username ever?" so here I am, h8ers gonna h8, deal with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And if you're afraid I'm a Nazi, don't worry, when I first got in touch with my local antifa they all thought I were an undercover cop so I know how it feels to be misjudged. Also discordians have to stick apart, so I don't care if you don't like me, as long as we help each other create wonderful bits of propaganda :*

Nazi isn't even necessary. Chan-bastards in general stick in my craw terribly. There just aren't any good ones left: it's nazis or it's gamers or it's edgelords with their own hate-ons, and everyone treats offending people as points to get.

You are making vague gestures of nonhostility, but "h8ers gonna h8" and so forth indicate that you don't actually give a fuck, and in your world it is Someone Else's Problem.

I have bad news: it's not. It's your problem. You actually get to choose how people react to you. I have had some terrible usernames; I use them in places I want to burn down and NOWHERE ELSE. I don't ever use Nazi-tied memes at all, I want to prevent friendly fire. Etc.

So consider that, consider your massive colorful signature that looks like a "lol mine's better" version of the more elaborate sigs here, consider your dismissive attitude to criticism, consider the memeage and the shitty, possibly even homophobic username.

Consider that you are the only one Like This here. Not that we all have a lot in common, exactly, but we certainly do have the fact that we do not come across That Way, you know? Edgy. Try hard. Offensive for the sake of it.

Think on that, consider what and who the issue is before you post another "lol sorry ur butt hurts lmao ha ha ha" response.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Bwana Honolulu

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2020, 06:06:44 PM

Yeah.

Nazi isn't even necessary. Chan-bastards in general stick in my craw terribly. There just aren't any good ones left: it's nazis or it's gamers or it's edgelords with their own hate-ons, and everyone treats offending people as points to get.

You are making vague gestures of nonhostility, but "h8ers gonna h8" and so forth indicate that you don't actually give a fuck, and in your world it is Someone Else's Problem.

I have bad news: it's not. It's your problem. You actually get to choose how people react to you. I have had some terrible usernames; I use them in places I want to burn down and NOWHERE ELSE. I don't ever use Nazi-tied memes at all, I want to prevent friendly fire. Etc.

So consider that, consider your massive colorful signature that looks like a "lol mine's better" version of the more elaborate sigs here, consider your dismissive attitude to criticism, consider the memeage and the shitty, possibly even homophobic username.

Consider that you are the only one Like This here. Not that we all have a lot in common, exactly, but we certainly do have the fact that we do not come across That Way, you know? Edgy. Try hard. Offensive for the sake of it.

Think on that, consider what and who the issue is before you post another "lol sorry ur butt hurts lmao ha ha ha" response.
OK, my dumb joke from before aside, and knowing most people here don't really know me (at least not well), but I'm one of the admins of the german-language forum of Aktion 23, and when 41D5K1N6 showed up there with that same name and avatar, I was a bit sceptical, too. But I got to know him, both onlne and IRL, and he sure is neither an edgelord nor a nazi and definitely not homophobic. And that signature? It's the same he uses over at our board, only translated, and it's pretty much just the style of signature we use there, with those overly pompous titles and such.

So yeah, I do understand how you get your impression, but I really believe he's worth getting a chance. That's just my two point three cents.
His Quasaric Sphericity Bwana Honolulu,
Supremest Commander of Suicide Commando Ω−,
Ruler of everything, everything else and nothing again,
Greatgrandpapapope and Metagodemperor in Zimmer523,
Grand Admiracle of the mounted naval cavalry at sea,
Reichsminister für Popularpodicifikation,
Keeper of the holy Q.

altered

It was more the response that put me on edge. He made our reactions Not His Problem despite making it clear he knows why he's received that way. Hell, I even know people who wear that sort of uniform online who aren't horrible, but they LEAD with "sorry for This, it's Just Me" instead of reacting to the expected with "sorry you got offended".

The post you quoted was made under the assumption that you are right and he's not actually a wretch at his core. The intent was prompting self-reflection. If he can at least admit that this isn't Our Problem, but actually His Problem, cool. If he changes it, even better, but an admission of the obvious is enough right now.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

minuspace

Quote from: altered on April 01, 2020, 04:59:46 PM
This thread is now about how time is a slug and Elvis is the parasite dwelling inside of it. When you discuss time you eat the slug and Elvis burrows his way to your brain and hollows it out like an old gourd out of jealousy.

Am I being pointlessly mean enough yet?

ETA: Let me answer my own question: no.

Elvis is also a gamer.

That, and the core reference... I'll take bankers for a hundred.

Doktor Howl

Yeah.

Yeah.  I'm a hater.  I'm gonna hate.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 06, 2020, 04:51:19 AM

Yeah.

Yeah.  I'm a hater.  I'm gonna hate.
It's tradition!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

41D5K1N6

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2020, 06:06:44 PMNazi isn't even necessary. Chan-bastards in general stick in my craw terribly. There just aren't any good ones left: it's nazis or it's gamers or it's edgelords with their own hate-ons, and everyone treats offending people as points to get.

So since I managed to create a fair bit of discord where I did not want to create any, let me write try to clarify things a bit.

Sure I was edgy and provocative in my style of writing. I wanted to test out the waters here, see how this board reacts to "It's your problem, not mine"-ish confrontations, which you did reasonably, but also kinda overexaggerated your judgements about my persona. In fact, I was very surprised to see myself facing a rant about my avatar and nickname I have never experienced until now, which made some good ol'defence reflexes kick in, which is, as you correctly claimed, my problem and not yours. I face this problem in other parts of my life too and sadly did not manage to find a solution yet. Maybe you could help me with that ;-)
Also I really try to not give a fuck about certain things, one of them being my appearance. Having this utopian mindset people being judged on their doings rather than their looks made it a little bit easier getting lost in my "Fuck you, I don't care"-attitude.

I'm not desperately trying to be edgy and a special snowflake, but sometimes I manage to lure myself into some childish defiance, the consequences of which I'm trying to work up.
However I will not consider my oh-so-homophobic username and oh-so-edgy signature. Sure at some points it's my thing if people get offended by my behaviour (that's why I don't like to be called Aidsking IRL), but we're on the internet here, what do you expect? Also this is the discordian identity that somehow developed itself for almost a year now and surely will continue to do so for some time.

Quote from: altered on April 05, 2020, 09:52:09 PM
It was more the response that put me on edge. He made our reactions Not His Problem despite making it clear he knows why he's received that way. Hell, I even know people who wear that sort of uniform online who aren't horrible, but they LEAD with "sorry for This, it's Just Me" instead of reacting to the expected with "sorry you got offended".

The post you quoted was made under the assumption that you are right and he's not actually a wretch at his core. The intent was prompting self-reflection. If he can at least admit that this isn't Our Problem, but actually His Problem, cool. If he changes it, even better, but an admission of the obvious is enough right now.

I hope I made these points clear in my text above. How about trying to get to know each other better and see how it develops?
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

Cramulus

for what it's worth, I'm not sweating it

I can forgive a pepe avatar, because meanwhile, our smiley box is full of dated, edgy humor

:gheyforum: :hitlerbanjo: :winner:
:umad::

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cramulus on April 06, 2020, 12:54:38 PM
for what it's worth, I'm not sweating it

I can forgive a pepe avatar, because meanwhile, our smiley box is full of dated, edgy humor

:gheyforum: :hitlerbanjo: :winner:
:umad::

:hit: :batman: :treefucker: :titsorgtfo: :fap2: :cuntpunch: :love: :spluff:

Some favorites I never get to use.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 06, 2020, 09:14:54 AM

Sure I was edgy and provocative in my style of writing. I wanted to test out the waters here, see how this board reacts to "It's your problem, not mine"-ish confrontations, which you did reasonably, but also kinda overexaggerated your judgements about my persona.

SOSHULL EXPERMINT
Molon Lube

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

Speaking of social experiments, it's kind of interesting how every thread I start gets usurped by non-sequitur conversation. Probably has nothing to do with me, I'm sure that's how every thread here goes. You're all such a talkative bunch. It's almost like you're all friends or something. I prefer to think of it as a highly organized group effort to derail opposition, like an immune response. But that's only because I'm a narcissist.

Sometimes I forget who is trolling who...
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn