News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Be a Discordian! But play it safe!

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, April 01, 2020, 11:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 02, 2020, 02:47:47 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on April 02, 2020, 12:36:36 AM
Quote from: altered on April 01, 2020, 04:50:42 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 22, 2020, 01:42:57 PM
Your pattern on this forum is to show up every 2-3 months, immediately climb up into the Throne of Judgment, and lecture everybody about how we're neglecting our sacred responsibilities to The Discordian Society.

[...snip...]

anyway,

see you in 2 months when you're drunk and need people to yell at for some reason

How did you dig up such delicious post?  :lulz:

By Elvis being the kind of person you can set your watch to. No, really: I didn't dig, I remembered.

If Dok is right about him actually being worthwhile elsewhere, that makes this fact simply depressing.

Kills me.  He's a smart guy, but...*gestures vaguely*
Molon Lube

41D5K1N6

Quote from: Cramulus on April 01, 2020, 04:32:49 PMBLOW YOUR MIND

Sorry to correct you Cramulus, but it's FUCK YOUR MIND now. Things have changed.

HAIL ERIS
L0rd Z0ltan 41D5K1N6 Kataskopos,
more discordian than 23 apples in a pentagon,
interdimensional God-Shaman 420° Level V,
german amBASSador for MK Cultra,
GröVoRz (Greatest Dumbass of all Spime) of Lochstettenweiler in der Blase,
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
as well as member of the Caucus of Secret Hairmen within the ℧oS,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

(ง ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)ง ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ( ‾ʖ̫‾) ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

If I'm not allowed to believe what I read, should I read what I believe?
Your mom is like a squid: has eight arms and sqirts dark fluids

Doktor Howl

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 02, 2020, 06:26:46 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 01, 2020, 04:32:49 PMBLOW YOUR MIND

Sorry to correct you Cramulus, but it's FUCK YOUR MIND now. Things have changed.

HAIL ERIS

Dude just backsassed Cram.

WORST MISTAKE SINCE YUO WORE PLAID TO THA CLUB, SON.

169% OWNED!  DIGTBK!
Molon Lube

Cramulus

STEP OFF YE FECKIN SPAGGGGG
I'VE CRAMMED GRANDMAS FOR LESS THAN THIS
                   /
:cramstipated:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on April 02, 2020, 09:14:31 PM
STEP OFF YE FECKIN SPAGGGGG
I'VE CRAMMED GRANDMAS FOR LESS THAN THIS
                   /
:cramstipated:

As I recall, the Grandma cramming thing was totally gratuitous.  So what you when do when provoked beggars the imagination.
Molon Lube

41D5K1N6

Man why is everyone yelling I can't understand shit
instruckted and soaked leaking In- and Expert of the Research Institute for Reality and Illusion,
furtherless Chonk and temporary Superviser of the Labor Circle for Survival Artistry of the houly O⁙D⁙D⁙,
and least Greatest and Sole Majoestic Megagigaultraipspissimus and Desecrated Depthpriest of HM,ERIS
(lvlup soon)

Frontside Back

If you have trouble hearing, they could probably yell even louder if you ask nicely.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 03, 2020, 05:27:50 PM

:omg:
WE GOT A NON-YELLER HERE!!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

BECAUSE YOUR AVATAR HAS PEPE IN IT.
Molon Lube

41D5K1N6

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2020, 05:04:07 AM

PEPE IS LOVE, PEPE IS LIFE

am I doing the screaming correctly?
(lvlup soon)

Doktor Howl

Quote from: 41D5K1N6 on April 04, 2020, 07:59:31 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 04, 2020, 05:04:07 AM

PEPE IS LOVE, PEPE IS LIFE

am I doing the screaming correctly?

I don't think I like you much.
Molon Lube

altered

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/88/c9/c588c937214d9f3b7de0a05ee5352547.jpg

It's an anime Pepe with that ugly 4chan man for the lower bits. This is a wretch.

To be fair, I only saw the avatar after you mentioned it, but a name like AIDSKING is bad enough.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Cramulus

to clarify my riff a bit....

the OP reminded me of this guy I know

Met him IRL. Immediately pegged him as a Discordian by his outlandish garb, tattoos, hair style. Turned out I was right, he was a Discordian. Friended him on FB. But then, turns out he is all about 'trolling the libs'. Would be happy to reelect Trump because it'll addle the "ORANGE MAN BAD" crowd. He makes these dumb incendiary posts, everybody yells at him for being an asshole (and the pepe crowd high-fives him), and then he kicks back and gloats on his personal wall about how he owned those libs by making them have an emotional reaction. (politics reduced to rhetorical antagonism.. super disappointing)

OP also reminds me of this old Discordian Radio show where they talked like absolute assholes, but explained it as transgressive. They believed that by normalizing those words, they disempowered them. And if those words upset you, just stop being offended! Easy! lol

And like--I get it, there IS some personal liberation in unplugging the "reaction engine" in your own mind. We automatically judge what we perceive, and if you want to see how things as they really are (CHAOS), you need to be able to moderate that kneejerk response, flip the switch from Judging to Perceiving.

I also get what the OP is criticizing -- that kneejerk politics forces us to categorize and cancel people based on dodgy indicators. That someone may have great ideas, but we are quick to toss them out if they have ever made a mistake (see also: Al Franken).

I THINK
The right mix of attitudes is
justice + self criticism

if you could permit me a moment of mystical wankery -- this is my Fractal Cult attitude

that the world is toxic, and we need to address that toxicity

but the self is the world too--it's a smaller, complete cosmos

and so any time you want to address the Big Toxic in the world, you also have to acknowledge the Small Toxic in the self.

We have to overthrow the assholes in the world, but also the ones in our own heads. Righteousness needs to be paired with self-awareness or it becomes lopsided and destroys itself.

A good example of that is the Contrapoints video series.. she makes videos whose target audience is transphobes and alt-right assholes... but she doesn't come from a position of rightness and preachiness, she also acknowledges that some of the criticisms of the left are valid, there's toxic shit in the progressive left & gender politics too. This makes her other message both compassionate and effective. We're all fucked up, every one of us. Let's not pretend that there's only pee on the other side of the pool.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 04, 2020, 05:16:47 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c5/88/c9/c588c937214d9f3b7de0a05ee5352547.jpg

It's an anime Pepe with that ugly 4chan man for the lower bits. This is a wretch.

To be fair, I only saw the avatar after you mentioned it, but a name like AIDSKING is bad enough.

Yeah.
Molon Lube