News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Robert Anton Wilson Stand-Up

Started by Cramulus, April 03, 2020, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

A classic discordian work: a stand-up set by Robert Anton Wilson.

Wilson's stage routine shares chords with George Carlin - he's funny, but he's also got a point to make.

This performance also explains Discordianism and ordains its viewers as Discordian Popes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpatFZ0R1mU

The Wizard Joseph

Cracking It open now.  The audio quality is terrible, but I can't wait to hear what he says.  If he starts by explaining what immaculate conception means it's Gotta be good!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

I'm still listening in pieces. It's brilliant! he kinda reminds me of Yoda visually for some reason.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 05, 2020, 07:52:06 PM
I'm still listening in pieces. It's brilliant! he kinda reminds me of Yoda visually for some reason.

It's those goat eyes.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Because I don't have anywhere else good to drop it -- here's a compare/contrast of Illuminatus! and Atlas Shrugged:

https://jmrhiggs.blogspot.com/2012/05/illuminatus-vs-atlas-shrugged.html

(article doesn't give enough credit to R. Shea though!)