News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Fighting mental illness.

Started by Suu, April 03, 2020, 06:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Your situation sounds sucky, but I'm glad you're making the best of it.

I hope you're right, that it'll grant perspective and increase our value to each other.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Odibex Grallspice on May 03, 2020, 12:39:51 PM
I've got a situation to explain and it probably doesn't relevant to you. you see, I'm really mentally ill and when this all started I was already only leaving the house once every two or three months. for drs appointments. outside of that, the only real-world social interaction I had was when I needed- need. when I need to sign for a package. I have everything delivered, groceries get left at the door.

so none of this was any kind of issue to me, and I really have no practical chances of becoming a Covid. the first it even bothered me was when TP became unavailable; many stores changed listing for essential items to "in-store only" - no idea what that's about.  the second was when a show I was watch suspended production. that got to me.

furthermore, to the little-to-no rl contact thing, all my online venues are now unviable. generally the only social experience I have is if someone responds to an YouTube comment I've left. this started in, let's say, a year and a quarter ago. I'd put all my eggs in Facebook, and when I kinda stopped posting there, or rather when I tried to start again -  they don't circulate your posts. and I didn't have the fortitude to persist through that. I deactivated a couple months ago.

I legitimately have almost no social contact and it's not all that bad. I know it's not healthy, and I'm not happy with it, but I'm kinda impressed it hasn't destroyed me. I dunno, maybe these meds don't let you get depressed. I spent a lot of time alone even when I was a kid so I guess I was uniquely qualified.

this all seemed related to the topic but I'm not super sure how. I'm in no position to tell people to do this or that, I don't do anything. I do suspect having no social contact makes it more unlikely I'll get around to doing the things I need to. buuut that was a problem before too. honestly I think I may've gotten somewhat more creative over the past year. I don't believe any of this is permanent for anyone, it's like putting a sponge back in water, it quickly returns shape. but, sure, if you're already having problems this can't help. it may be worth it in the long run though. it will grant perspective and change how people value their fellows. it really will. this is the sort of thing like defines generations and alters zeitgeists. who knows their might be a bit of licorice in for you as well. you enjoy licorice don't you?

What is it that has made you all alone, if I may ask?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl