News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

NEWCOMER LANDING PAD

Started by Cramulus, April 07, 2020, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla! on April 22, 2020, 03:09:42 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 22, 2020, 02:17:07 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on April 22, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Gin is my golden apple.

It seems far more valuable than it actually is and can be abused to start wars that ultimately collapse civilization for several hundred years? Sounds about right.

I have no memory of writing the above post. Damn gin.

:fnord: :lulz: :fnord:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

Quote from: LMNO on April 22, 2020, 12:32:25 PM
I wear my lady status proudly, even if it is in name only.

Welcome aboard. :lulz: pool and gin bar are on the roof.

Quote from: altered on April 22, 2020, 09:13:24 AM
Quote from: LMNO on April 21, 2020, 01:07:32 PM
Quote from: altered on April 18, 2020, 01:52:44 AM
It's okay, guys. Me and the other ladies will deal with all that evil fucking gin for you and enjoy it. Nothing to worry about. Serves us right, what with the fall from grace in Eden and all, right? Don't be afraid.

Don't be afraid.

The gin can't hurt you anymore.

It appears I am undeservedly a lady.

In my defense, it was unclear whether you were on the side of evil, or someone who liked gin.

In your defense, every bartender I know now agrees: gin is just fine. It's the gin-haters who are wrong.
A chef described gin as "vodka's sexier, cooler sister" and I agree.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Juana

It's basically vodka redistilled with botanicals.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pandemonium

Hello.

I was introduced to the Principa Discordia through the Anon subculture (***Pre-chanology/EFGmask), right around the time of the publication of the BIP.  The philosophical concepts that are the basis underlining these two works became foundational parts of my worldview beginning freshman, or maybe sophomore, year of high school. Even predating my introduction to, well, any other philosophical outlooks.

Which is why I am formally requesting restitution from the authors of the BIP in the amount of Five Whole Numbers made up of any combination of 2,3 or 5 (HAHA GET IT?! F#&K YOU. YOUKNOW WHO YOU ARE.) which will be up to the Authors' collective (and unanimous*) decision.

I was at the time under the impression it was "for the lulz". And at no point was I informed there would be any sort of, well... you already know what happened, don't you?
If you think about it, you could even qualify as them.

The consequences of which nearly resulted in becoming (or ascending, descending? "Wherever the flame has went, the fat man said") a Bodhisattva, and do you have any godd&amn idea how boring that woulda been?! Cuz listen here buddy, I've glimpsed Nonexistence, and it simply "is NOT".

So rather than the dissolution of self (since I like my self). I made like st galik and skittered off to here. (GET IT? 'Cuz roaches love garbage.**).

--------------------------------

I am interested in exploring/experimenting with practical methods of may-may dissemination and ensured propagation (SRSly), as well as subversion of current may-mays for belief modification or for disinfo. (SRSly, again). If there are any current projects I could assist (or hinder) and/or threads these may even loosely relate to that I could be directed towards I would be most appreciative. 

-------------

*I assume this will never occur, hence voiding the request. Or possibly result in some sorta bootleg Dante's limbo situation, which would be hilarious.
Although if there's a need to subvert my expectations I guess that's ok? 

**Just kidding about one of those things.

Picture this any time you think of me xoxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta8GWrxUX34

Even though I'm business casual.

Nobody got shit on my normie skin.

Faust

Quote from: Hoopla! on April 22, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Gin is my golden apple.
Throwing bottles at weddings again eh hoops
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Quote from: General_Pandemonium on April 23, 2020, 10:58:17 AM
Hello.

I was introduced to the Principa Discordia through the Anon subculture (***Pre-chanology/EFGmask), right around the time of the publication of the BIP.  The philosophical concepts that are the basis underlining these two works became foundational parts of my worldview beginning freshman, or maybe sophomore, year of high school. Even predating my introduction to, well, any other philosophical outlooks.

Which is why I am formally requesting restitution from the authors of the BIP in the amount of Five Whole Numbers made up of any combination of 2,3 or 5 (HAHA GET IT?! F#&K YOU. YOUKNOW WHO YOU ARE.) which will be up to the Authors' collective (and unanimous*) decision.

I was at the time under the impression it was "for the lulz". And at no point was I informed there would be any sort of, well... you already know what happened, don't you?

The consequences of which nearly resulted in becoming (or ascending, descending? "Wherever the flame has went, the fat man said") a Bodhisattva, and do you have any godd&amn idea how boring that woulda been?! Cuz listen here buddy, I've glimpsed Nonexistence, and it simply "is NOT".

So rather than the dissolution of self (since I like my self). I made like st galik and skittered off to here. (GET IT? 'Cuz roaches love garbage.**).

I am interested in exploring/experimenting with practical methods of may-may dissemination and ensured propagation (SRSly), as well as subversion of current may-mays for belief modification or for disinfo. (SRSly, again). If there are any current projects I could assist (or hinder) and/or threads these may even loosely relate to that I could be directed towards I would be most appreciative. 

-------------

*I assume this will never occur, hence voiding the request. Or possibly result in some sorta bootleg Dante's limbo situation, which would be hilarious.

Hey there General, welcome to the Hell Tube where we are required to spend our days making posts.

I met a few other Discordians who were anon pre-chanology, that old FOR THE LULZ spirit was fun while it lasted.

If you can't tell, there was a split though - the current batch of Discordians that come in through the chans don't vibe well here. I guess we're a little too liberal for them. So we just stay in our little corner of the internet, getting older and crustier.

The only "project" I can think of at the moment is that I've been trying to noodle my way through making some new posters -- this thread is where I'm collecting ideas -- but nothing I've assembled so far has really felt right yet.

What kinds of projects are you interested in?

hooplala

Quote from: General_Pandemonium on April 23, 2020, 10:58:17 AM
Hello.

-------------

Cool. What's your opinion of gin?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

This is gonna be the new CAKE vs PIE flame war, I can feel it

Juana

Quote from: Cramulus on April 23, 2020, 08:49:17 PM
This is gonna be the new CAKE vs PIE flame war, I can feel it
:lulz: we should get a Molotov cocktail emoji.

Cain

Which would taste better, pie or cake flavoured gin?

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2020, 10:00:32 PM
Which would taste better, pie or cake flavoured gin?
Trick question. It is spelled *flavored*.
:trolling:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

I'm sorry your dialect is inferior.

Juana

Fruit does not belong in gin and a lot of gin is made with wheat based spirits so obvs the answer is cake

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl