News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

NEWCOMER LANDING PAD

Started by Cramulus, April 07, 2020, 12:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 18, 2020, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 18, 2020, 12:45:18 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 18, 2020, 12:43:35 AM
Rail Gin is the only gin that tells you the Truth about gin. All else is adulteration of some sort or another.

You're correct.  Rail gin is the only honest gin.

I used to buy a $10 bracelet at a gay bar back in LaX for karaoke night. It allowed as much shitty (for Wisconsin) beer as you wanted or as many rail shots and simple mixers of any common booze. The only limits being your liver, stomach lining, kidneys, dignity, and moral fiber And given my size and heritage I could put back A LOT. Then one day I came in in a bad mood and sat down masking as well as I could. I asked for rail gin shots. The bartender had seen me put away like 30+ rum&coke and rail whiskey shots in plenty. She immediately looked me in the eye and seeing me, refused to serve me. Probably saved my life.

She was wise.  Gin is blatant self harm.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Gin was the Axe body wash of the 19th century.
Molon Lube

altered

It's okay, guys. Me and the other ladies will deal with all that evil fucking gin for you and enjoy it. Nothing to worry about. Serves us right, what with the fall from grace in Eden and all, right? Don't be afraid.

Don't be afraid.

The gin can't hurt you anymore.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 18, 2020, 01:52:44 AM
It's okay, guys. Me and the other ladies will deal with all that evil fucking gin for you and enjoy it. Nothing to worry about. Serves us right, what with the fall from grace in Eden and all, right? Don't be afraid.

Don't be afraid.

Gin can always hurt you.  But thanks for taking one for the team.  :lol:
Molon Lube

Juana

Don't be afraid.

*sips extremely good gin based cocktail* HAPPY to deal with it. This is Eve's drink, after all.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Juana

I'm gonna go strain my gins, actually. They need to be anyway, but now it's SPITE.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Wizard Joseph

Made while talking to altered about her preferred beverage, such as it is.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Juana

LMNO

Don't be afraid.

It appears I am undeservedly a lady.

altered

Quote from: LMNO on April 21, 2020, 01:07:32 PM

Don't be afraid.

It appears I am undeservedly a lady.

In my defense, it was unclear whether you were on the side of evil, or someone who liked gin.

In your defense, every bartender I know now agrees: gin is just fine. It's the gin-haters who are wrong.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

LMNO

I wear my lady status proudly, even if it is in name only.

The Wizard Joseph

I'm not saying this guy is off base because of quinine poisoning due to excessive abuse of "gin and tonic" mixers, but I'm not not saying it either.

Now quinine comes from the bark of the cinchona tree and is a compound that is extremely bitter to the taste. It didn't take the English long to figure out that if quinine is dissolved in water then mixed with gin it was a more alluring drink.

https://www.mccookgazette.com/story/2680791.html
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla! on April 22, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Gin is my golden apple.

It seems far more valuable than it actually is and can be abused to start wars that ultimately collapse civilization for several hundred years? Sounds about right.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

hooplala

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 22, 2020, 02:17:07 PM
Quote from: Hoopla! on April 22, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Gin is my golden apple.

It seems far more valuable than it actually is and can be abused to start wars that ultimately collapse civilization for several hundred years? Sounds about right.

I have no memory of writing the above post. Damn gin.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman