News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

Things that make you feel old

Started by Cramulus, April 07, 2020, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

When you remember Richard Nixon leaving office and the last moon landing.

DAMN YOU ALL!

*waves cane menacingly*

*coughs consumptively*

:jihaad:
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Do you remember the Panama papers?

Pepperage Farms remembers.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Hell, remembering January 2020 makes me feel old.

Cramulus

when you sit up too fast and hit your head on the coffin and then go BUT DON'T CALL ME LATE FOR DINNER

Richter

The damn kids on my lawn  :crankey:

Where's MY fucking hoverboard you indolent tubes?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

When the Fremen no longer practice Water-Discipline

The Wizard Joseph

Seeing the Lone Wolf series of choose-your-own-adventure novels become a fully supported tabletop game.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

tyrannosaurus vex

when you live long enough to see history repeat itself
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bruno

I had the theme song from "All in the Family" stuck in my head all day, yesterday.

Ope, it's back again.
Formerly something else...

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Bruno on April 08, 2020, 07:29:26 PM
I had the theme song from "All in the Family" stuck in my head all day, yesterday.

Ope, it's back again.

Strangely this sparked the "three's Company" theme song in my head...

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

When you live long enough to see history repeat itself
Sleepless nights at the chateau

chaotic neutral observer

When you live long enough to see those really goofy sunglasses go in and out of style twice.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Bruno

(In Rob Reiner's voice) "This thread was recorded before a live studio audience."
Formerly something else...