News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Impotent Rant in F (for "futility") Minor

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, April 08, 2020, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 08, 2020, 09:52:21 PM
I am also unconvinced that the accelerationists are any different than the MAGA freaks.  They both wish to cause harm to the very few humans I don't hate, and therefore I hate them and will cause them harm at any possible opportunity.  And I don't care why.

You're right insofaras harm would befall the wrong people either way, but whereas for the MAGA freaks, the harm is the ultimate goal and therefore will be encouraged and they will personally engage in worsening it and wielding the State as a weapon to enforce it, the accelerationists see the harm as both inevitable and already an extant reality and are likely to personally engage in mitigating it on a peer-to-peer level and disrupting the State's ability to enforce it.

You yourself are an accelerationist in that respect, judging by your stated position that what we're seeing now is "the rattle of pebbles preceding the landslide that we are smack in the path of." It isn't a matter of whether we can avoid catastrophe, but how long we can put it off. Whether the full force of the disaster befalls the people you know personally or their children is immaterial.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Wizard Joseph

For my part
I prefer
Mitigation
over some silly
Acceleration
of the oncoming
inevitable
calamity.
Why rush things?
There is no gain
in playing that game.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 08, 2020, 10:23:31 PM
For my part
I prefer
Mitigation
over some silly
Acceleration
of the oncoming
inevitable
calamity.
Why rush things?
There is no gain
in playing that game.

It's a character flaw. I also always read the last page of the book first.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: tyrannosaurus vex on April 08, 2020, 10:11:18 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 08, 2020, 09:52:21 PM
I am also unconvinced that the accelerationists are any different than the MAGA freaks.  They both wish to cause harm to the very few humans I don't hate, and therefore I hate them and will cause them harm at any possible opportunity.  And I don't care why.

You're right insofaras harm would befall the wrong people either way, but whereas for the MAGA freaks, the harm is the ultimate goal and therefore will be encouraged and they will personally engage in worsening it and wielding the State as a weapon to enforce it, the accelerationists see the harm as both inevitable and already an extant reality and are likely to personally engage in mitigating it on a peer-to-peer level and disrupting the State's ability to enforce it.

You yourself are an accelerationist in that respect, judging by your stated position that what we're seeing now is "the rattle of pebbles preceding the landslide that we are smack in the path of." It isn't a matter of whether we can avoid catastrophe, but how long we can put it off. Whether the full force of the disaster befalls the people you know personally or their children is immaterial.

Naw, it's just that I can read the writing on the wall.  What I don't need is Crazy Eddie making things worse faster.
Molon Lube

altered

Accelerationism is a fucking stupid idea for a reason I haven't seen mentioned:

There is no time for mitigation of the damage if you see the ceiling is caving in slowly, so you cut the fucking center beam.

Mitigation requires planning and forethought. Acceleration says "fuck that, the roof is going down anyway so let's just get it over with" before you have a chance to move people out of the way.

That's fucking stupid. I do not respect it.

In the roof collapse analogy, I'm blind and have busted legs. If no one helps me get out it's quite likely over. I'm lucky: I can hear what's going on and crawl short distances if I have to. Others do not have these luxuries.

Accelerationism speaks in the same language that gives us "acceptable losses". The same language that acts like some human lives are worth more or less than others. Accelerationism is eugenics and social Darwinism in action even if not in intent, because it is "shoot them all and let God sort it out." It is burning the village to save it.

Don't be an accelerationist.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: altered on April 08, 2020, 11:25:34 PM

There is no time for mitigation of the damage if you see the ceiling is caving in slowly, so you cut the fucking center beam.

Mitigation requires planning and forethought. Acceleration says "fuck that, the roof is going down anyway so let's just get it over with" before you have a chance to move people out of the way.

In the roof collapse analogy, I'm blind and have busted legs. If no one helps me get out it's quite likely over. I'm lucky: I can hear what's going on and crawl short distances if I have to. Others do not have these luxuries.

Accelerationism speaks in the same language that gives us "acceptable losses". The same language that acts like some human lives are worth more or less than others. Accelerationism is eugenics and social Darwinism in action even if not in intent, because it is "shoot them all and let God sort it out." It is burning the village to save it.

:mittens: :potd:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on April 08, 2020, 11:25:34 PM

BOOM. 
Molon Lube

Cain

Indeed. Accelerationlism as a philosophy is designed to inflict maximal damage, in order to bring down the state entirely. Damage mitigation would be against the point of the whole thing.

Trust me, I've watched the accelerationist/XRW networking over the past two years.

Frontside Back

If you add a wheel and a handbrake to an accelerationist you can make them do donuts.
"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Frontside Back on April 09, 2020, 12:46:29 AM
If you add a wheel and a handbrake to an accelerationist you can make them do donuts.

:backpedal:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on April 09, 2020, 12:38:49 AM
Indeed. Accelerationlism as a philosophy is designed to inflict maximal damage, in order to bring down the state entirely. Damage mitigation would be against the point of the whole thing.

Trust me, I've watched the accelerationist/XRW networking over the past two years.

If you haven't already somewhere i would love a thread dedicated to your knowledge and analysis. I don't want to waste my time actually reading Land or digging for other shit in the pigpen, but a synopsis with searchable terms and concepts would do wonders for my ability to ridicule and satirize.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

I do love that Biden doesn't get a trial or anything on the rape accusation.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

I mean, that worked well during the George Takei thing.

And the timing is exquisite, and the left has a REALLY bad habit of falling for this shit.

Everyone should now kill themselves and fuck the body.  Kthx.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2020, 01:21:11 AM

And the timing is exquisite, and the left has a REALLY bad habit of falling for this shit.

Are you speaking to a particular person or about... ? I'm a little confused about the context. I know that the Idea equivocating Trump and Biden as accused rapists and "basically the same" in other negative terms is rampant, like pretty much everywhere I've seen on social media. It's REALLY unfortunate, and ill timed. I have for some time suspected that provocateurs are promoting such divisive perspectives, but have no evidence beyond the virulence and vitrol spreading like wildfire and thinking someone must be setting the fires and fanning the flame... but frankly I don't think such is necessary to get to where things are.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on April 09, 2020, 01:41:25 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2020, 01:21:11 AM

Are you speaking to a particular person or about... ? I'm a little confused about the context. I know that the Idea equivocating Trump and Biden as accused rapists and "basically the same" in other negative terms is rampant, like pretty much everywhere I've seen on social media. It's REALLY unfortunate, and ill timed. I have for some time suspected that provocateurs are promoting such divisive perspectives, but have no evidence beyond the virulence and vitrol spreading like wildfire and thinking someone must be setting the fires and fanning the flame... but frankly I don't think such is necessary to get to where things are.

Biden has been accused of raping a staffer decades ago.

The left has elected to hang him without a trial.

This is why Trump will be president for life and our children will drink filthy water for the rest of their short, miserable lives.
Molon Lube