News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

8 out of 10 comments on Breitbart are Russians posing as conservatives.

Started by Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard, April 14, 2020, 04:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

The 9th is a Saudi Arabian posing as a conservative, and the 10th is a Russian posing as a liberal.

Two-thirds of those are double-agents for the CIA. Half of those are triple-agents for MI5.

The bartender says, "Why the long face?"
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Cramulus

I remember when some article exposed that like ~1/3rd of all yelp reviews are posted by the company being reviewed.

I feel like it's a bubble waiting to burst. How much ad revenue is generated by bot-clicks? How much of twitter is actually humans communicating with each other? How many amazon-reviews are legit?

I think there will also be a really funny day when the majority of posts on the Internet are bots and generated content--and that "impression of how humans post" becomes the only input for how to generate NEW content... and so all comments and feedback posted anywhere gradually becomes garbled and nonsensical. Like two Google Home bots talking to each other.

one day, the Internet won't even need humans

Hypernormality. Truly pulling the wool over our own eyes. The map becomes the territory.

We're all engaged in a collective fiction, anyway. Probably always have been. The Noosphere can be so... hypothetical.

Toot toot!
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2020, 01:23:52 AM
Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 14, 2020, 07:03:19 PM

We're all engaged in a collective fiction, anyway.

Fire the fucking writers.

Cool, you deal with the Union then. And just you try getting ratings when they go on strike.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 15, 2020, 04:27:49 AM

Cool, you deal with the Union then. And just you try getting ratings when they go on strike.

Fuck it. Buy fanfic IP at rock bottom prices and let the Executive curate and arrange it into plots. If the Director rebels fire them and get a dropout student with a burgeoning drug habit to do it for a third of the price or less. If the Studio pulls the plug in disgust crowd fund it and claim to be "going indie for creative control" and promise the moon on a few promissory pebbles cropped from unreleased shit that hit the editing room floor. Buy silence from the Editor with the Iron Price. Editing will also be done by the Executive by delegating it to an intern. I mean how hard can it be? See? Writing problem solved!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard on April 15, 2020, 04:27:49 AM

Look, the way you make writers funny when they don't want to be funny is simple.  You send in some goons and tell the writers to make you laugh.  Or else.

This has, historically-speaking, ALWAYS worked.
Molon Lube

Can't write if you don't have an index finger.

I guess you could but that would suck.
~ Abrahaham Lincololn