News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Happy DiscoFlux

Started by metapunk, May 03, 2020, 01:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metapunk

It is DiscoFlux and I wanted to celebrate it, but I haven't really gotten any plans. Probably my fondest DiscoFlux memory was explaining to someone that it was DiscoFlux and what it meant in the middle of a dance party in a loft above an old furniture store in Chicago after helping to arrange a protest against the TABD where despise their being hoards of riot cops with intent to assault everyone only one person was arrested (a friend of mine who was falsely accused of punching a horse even). The floors were shaking there were so many people jumping, at some point I remember thinking that we might cause the building to collapse. Today I was thinking it would be fun to do some kind of virtual DiscoFlux celebrating but I'm also just glad that I even remembered it was DiscoFlux and have made no preparations whatsoever.

rong

The NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) defines the ABBA as the standard unit for measuring DiscoFlux

1 ABBA = (1 shakin booty)/(1 m2 of dancefloor)

in the United States, the BG (BeeGee) is often used and simply calculated in terms of ft2 instead of m2
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Odibex Grallspice

explaining stuff to people is the #1 purpose, after making a little wiggling lifeform for people to look at. you don't need to ask me which one is better