News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

"It's not my job to educate you" - asymmetries in accessibility

Started by Cramulus, May 06, 2020, 02:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fujikoma

Damn Dok, she was being nice and civil, more angst would be fucked up, or was that sarcasm? Fuck if I know, I do know I want to sit down and have some discussions with purpleXi.

The Johnny

Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 17, 2020, 04:05:18 AM
Quote from: Fujikoma on November 17, 2020, 04:00:59 AM
This is a world of force. We're edging away from that but it has always been about force. It will be about force for as long as we solve problems with ballistics. To argue otherwise is to be a victim, and who wants that? This world is hard, lonely, fucked up, and you take whatever you can get from it, because it only gets worse from here. One day, you're going to get older, and waste away and die. Nobody is going to remember Alexis the graceful soul but they will never forget Alexis the horrific savage.

Needs MOAR angst.

Do i hear Nietzsche hanging out at Hot Topic? Where he preaches the death of punk for we have killed him?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Fujikoma

On second thought I should be concerned when Doktor Howl starts cheering me on. Can I just take back all the dirty gritty shit I just said?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 17, 2020, 04:22:55 AM
On second thought I should be concerned when Doktor Howl starts cheering me on. Can I just take back all the dirty gritty shit I just said?

No.  That's why I used the quote function.  Things come, things go, cringe is forever.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on November 17, 2020, 04:19:51 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on November 17, 2020, 04:05:18 AM
Quote from: Fujikoma on November 17, 2020, 04:00:59 AM
This is a world of force. We're edging away from that but it has always been about force. It will be about force for as long as we solve problems with ballistics. To argue otherwise is to be a victim, and who wants that? This world is hard, lonely, fucked up, and you take whatever you can get from it, because it only gets worse from here. One day, you're going to get older, and waste away and die. Nobody is going to remember Alexis the graceful soul but they will never forget Alexis the horrific savage.

Needs MOAR angst.

Do i hear Nietzsche hanging out at Hot Topic? Where he preaches the death of punk for we have killed him?

I was thinking more about how when you're rich people hate you because you buy new shirts and that deaf-mute girls are really bad at warning you of disasters.
Molon Lube

lexi

Quote from: Fujikoma on November 17, 2020, 04:22:55 AM
Can I just take back all the dirty gritty shit I just said?
That's an interesting question - can you? Like, does and should it make a difference whether:

• it's something that still resonates with you but no longer seems practical to defend, or
  • it's something that resonated with you, but no longer feels right, or
  • it's something that didn't resonate with you, but sounded good "in-style," or
  • it's something less explicable?

Whether or not you succeed, you can try - and that alone has value, does it not?