News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

That's assuming these sources aren't blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Just like the "no tear gas" bullshit yesterday. The government is staffed by professional liars who got into power on the back of a massive disinformation campaign that they, at the very least, tacitly welcomed. Why would they start telling the truth now?

I have no doubt there are SORTs there. I just think their numbers are bolstered by some hired guns from Triple Canopy and Dyncorp, which is why they're not answering questions about who they work for.

Cramulus

Right, the only thing they've pried out of these forces is that they "work for the DOJ" which could be Blackwater Mercs for all we know

Cain

They probably have some people with real badges down there, because there's enough lawyers in DC that eventually someone will refuse to do something just because some idiot in tacticool gear is telling him to do so. But between the riots and Covid-19, I imagine most forces are tapped to their limits in terms of personnel. So naturally they'll turn to the private sector for support.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on June 04, 2020, 04:05:26 PM
They probably have some people with real badges down there, because there's enough lawyers in DC that eventually someone will refuse to do something just because some idiot in tacticool gear is telling him to do so. But between the riots and Covid-19, I imagine most forces are tapped to their limits in terms of personnel. So naturally they'll turn to the private sector for support.

Which is mind-bogglingly horrifying all by its lonesome.

Some Italian guy talked about this once, IIRC.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

This has some of the ingredients for a nascent coup.  If congress and/or the senate act to curtail Trump, I expect things will fall apart quickly.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cain

He did, though under his schema these would technically be classed as auxiliaries, depending on their corporate ownership. Auxiliaries are worse, because while mercenaries are self-interested, they are the tools of other princes.

For example, Frontier Services Group, Erik Prince's current outfit, is bankrolled by the largest state-run conglomerate in China and has routinely expressed interested in working with the Russian-backed Wagner Group. Which is probably why FSG doesn't win many US contracts nowadays.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on June 04, 2020, 04:32:56 PM
This has some of the ingredients for a nascent coup.  If congress and/or the senate act to curtail Trump, I expect things will fall apart quickly.

The same exact forces that allow destabilized developing nations to fall victim to coups instigated by outside (or inside) actors are at play here. Nothing about being the most advanced and most powerful rogue state with a precarious balance of power makes the balance any less precarious. If we didn't have 200+ years of inertia behind the current system we probably would have had 6 coups in the last 2 years. What really bugs me is that at this point I'd actually be perfectly fine with a coup, as long as it was carried out by our own military and not some mercenaries hired by whoever
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Doktor Howl

Related.

https://apnews.com/7122aaf2c54ed22590a5b8d32565a58f

QuoteBRUNSWICK, Ga. (AP) — A state investigator alleged Thursday that a white man was heard saying a racial slur as he stood over Ahmaud Arbery's body, moments after killing him with three shots from a pump-action shotgun.

The lead Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent in the case testified that Travis and Greg McMichael and a third man in another pickup, William "Roddie" Bryan, repeatedly used their trucks to chase down and box in Arbery, who repeatedly reversed directions and even jumped into a ditch in a desperate struggle to escape.

Travis McMichael then got out of his truck and confronted Arbery. He told police he shot him in self defense after Arbery refused his order to get on the ground, Special Agent Richard Dial said. A close examination of the video of the shooting shows the first shot was to Arbery's chest, the second was to his hand, and the third was to his chest before he collapsed in the road, Dial said.

The driver of the second pickup truck, William "Roddie" Bryan, who recorded that video, said he heard the gunman say a racist epithet as he stood over Arbery's body before police arrived.

Special prosecutor Jesse Evans said Arbery "was chased, hunted down and ultimately executed."

The evidence presented to support murder charges against the McMichaels and Bryan challenges the self-defense claim. Dial also described evidence that questions the idea that the three men were legitimately carrying out a citizens' arrest of a suspected burglar. He testified that Greg McMichaels told police that "he didn't know if Mr. Arbery had stolen anything or not, but he had a gut feeling" that Arbery had committed prior break-ins in the neighborhood.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

https://apnews.com/bfd31c68ddc93030ef93043e5fb8d44c

QuoteThen, with the streets quiet for the first time in days, police said a man ambushed officers on an anti-looting patrol in Brooklyn, stabbing him in the neck. The attacker was shot by responding officers and was in critical condition.

Two officers suffered gunshot wounds to their hands in the chaos, but all three wounded officers were expected to recover.

Police Commissioner Dermot Shea called it "a completely, cowardly, despicable, unprovoked attack on a defenseless police officer." While he declined to say what motivated the attack, he drew a line to the heated rhetoric of the past week, in which angry crowds decrying police violence have also hurled insults, and sometimes bottles, bricks and firebombs, at officers and their vehicles.

"Words matter," Shea said.

For fuck's sake.   :lulz:
Molon Lube

altered

We have some confirmation of these dudes being mercs (specifically Academi guys) and some confirmation of these dudes being SORT under the Bureau of Prisons. It's possible some SORT officers are moonlighting with PMCs, because they're mixed together.

That said, SORT are the prison riot folks. So they took the riot dudes out of prisons, in a pandemic, in an economic nightmare, while they have the TVs turned off so people can't see the fucking news.

Being in a cell you can't watch TV in is considered the highest punishment short of solitary. People knifed their cellies to get a better view. Not even gang people or violent people, just dudes in for not paying child support and shit.

And they never dare turn the TV off. Unless they absolutely must to avoid riots.

So things are going to get VERY horrible plus VERY funny all at once for COs countrywide. Having been in a prison, I have to say that I hope they like the mess they've made for themselves.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

As for cops claiming violent protestors are hurting them, tell me if proof gets released. They got caught on video in NYC cutting open a random jewelry store to blame on protestors. (Nothing stolen.) Then in Austin caught on video gunning for two young folks, one of whom they shot the medics who were trying to help the kid.

And the case for Breonna Taylor was reopened.

They have lost all control of the narrative. They're actively lying to people to try and regain that control. Caught destroying squad vehicles to blame on protestors. Encouraging Nazis in Fishtown neighborhood in Philly. Cops are one of a very few groups who I will dismiss all "oh the protestors are coming for us!" shit about as false flags and/or total fabrication, 100%, all of the time.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Idiot screenwriter gets fired for dumbass posts.

You probably saw his tweet that went viral, describing what he'd do to "looters."

https://apnews.com/9ab31bb8efcb67975cd10185240c4414
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote"This individual appeared to be running toward the black sedan when suddenly he stopped, taking a kneeling position, and placing his hands above his waist, revealing what appeared to be the butt of a handgun," Williams said.

An officer fired five times through a police car windshield, hitting Monterrosa once, Williams said. Monterrosa had a 15-inch hammer tucked into the pocket of his sweatshirt, the chief said.

Lesson:  Don't stop running and surrender.  They'll kill you.

Molon Lube

Bruno

Now trump is now selling cammo magahats, calling his supporters "The Trump Army", and telling them they are his "first line of defense against when it comes to fighting off the Liberal MOB"

Oh, and SHOOSH! It's a secret! Don't tell anyone!

https://twitter.com/macinta/status/1268336590121766913

Formerly something else...

POFP

I'm glad to announce that we've actually shifted the Relative Local Overton Window (I'm calling it "RLOW") in my area (Cincinnati) and group of Social Media Friends/Enemies, at least. Bootlickers are shitting on Nazis, supporting BLM (Not as much as I'd like, but I'm a pragmatist. A little support at first gets us closer to full support.), and doxing spreaders of Hate Speech. I mean, we also have more blatant racists exposing themselves, but they're ALL getting the response they deserved by EVERYONE in the room. A few of them have already lost their jobs, and some may end up with broken ankles and knee-caps before the end of the week. Shit, even my hardcore Catholic bootlicker Grandma who's a die-hard Trump Supporter now understands and agrees with the concept of White Privilege.

Unfortunately, it appears the Riot Squads are explicitly targeting Medics in COINTELPRO-like fashion, following them home, camping outside their apartments, shooting them in the eyes (No ricochet) with Rubber/Foam Bullets. They're also integrating with Protesters to cop-jacket, steal/sabotage supplies, and stir the pot.

JUST A FEW BAD APPLES THOUGH

We're currently working on development of an SOS App that sends the Latitude/Longitude Coordinates and Google Maps location of your phone to linked Social Media accounts to hopefully improve the medical response time for people under fire from police. I think the plan is also to include instant video recording upon pulling the trigger as well.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.