News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Johnny

Btw, theres echoes of the riots down here in several cities in Mexico, its kinda weird:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1269004961326567424

Yesterday they set a policeman on fire in Guadalajara, and today theyre outside the capitols embassy of the US; this started out because a construction worker was beaten to death, allegedly for not wearing a mask (for Covid and all that).

Its weird cause police brutality is like an everyday normal thing, i guess everyones on edge and its just an outlet.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Freeky

Quote from: altered on June 06, 2020, 09:40:48 AM
Sorry, Howl, Tucson cops are all fucking horrid cretins too, and they just got legal support that is unspeakably shitty. No accountability. They'll lie down your fucking throat at any juncture with this:

https://twitter.com/artsymarxist/status/1269145707237175296?s=21

And even though it will get shot down in court if we are lucky, that's more than enough time for them to perform a full fucking ethnic cleansing if they are so inclined.

https://twitter.com/whatsuptucson/status/1269278592367656960 a clarification on that, though it's still sketchy timing

eta i'm reading the subthread by artsy marxist, who says they have a lawyer friend commenting on it. the entire thread is worth reading really

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Cramulus

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Juana

Tbf, they do fit the description.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Quote from: Juana on June 08, 2020, 09:54:30 PM
Tbf, they do fit the description.

They also were caught doing the crime on video most of the time.

That said, they really do need to stop resisting. We might let them have some sort of ceremonial duty.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Pergamos

Quote from: The Johnny on June 06, 2020, 12:06:26 PM

Btw, theres echoes of the riots down here in several cities in Mexico, its kinda weird:

Yesterday they set a policeman on fire in Guadalajara, and today theyre outside the capitols embassy of the US; this started out because a construction worker was beaten to death, allegedly for not wearing a mask (for Covid and all that).

Its weird cause police brutality is like an everyday normal thing, i guess everyones on edge and its just an outlet.

Statistically Mexicans are equally likely to be brutalized by Police in Mexico or the US, Blacks are considerably more likely to be brutalized by police in the US than Mexico. 

The Johnny

Quote from: Pergamos on June 09, 2020, 03:16:07 PM
Quote from: The Johnny on June 06, 2020, 12:06:26 PM

Statistically Mexicans are equally likely to be brutalized by Police in Mexico or the US, Blacks are considerably more likely to be brutalized by police in the US than Mexico.

I dont understand what your point is, but, that's just because "gringo" trumps the "black/browness" characteristic, but worry not, we hate indigenous brown people too.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Ari

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAsrVFXD3Ju/?utm_source=ig_embed

i just watch all this from afar - with a mix of horror and hope.

this morning i had a weird conversation with someone who mentioned that BLM is racist.
frankly, at this point - i have no words, nor do i know what it must feel like to live in the middle of this whole clusterfuck.

europe has its own problems with rising facsism, systemic racism, and age old bigotry ingrained into the very fabric of the social construct. but this? i ... dunno.

damn, i miss lockdown. when people stayed the fuck inside / away from me, and let me live my life in peace for once.
パンクビッチ

Cain

Europe likes to pretend it has a better handle on racism than the USA...then you mention Muslims or Roma and you can see the calls for the concentration camps coming in.

minuspace

Quote from: Ari Atari on June 10, 2020, 04:47:39 PM

this morning i had a weird conversation with someone who mentioned that BLM is racist.

Yup, happened to me yesterday. Some seem to think that "systemic" racism is a spell occasioned or invoked by any conversation about racism. It's adorable like when my lettuce snaps back at me with a carnivorous set of teeth. To further complicate matters, it was an Iranian refugee explaining Larry Elder to me... I think I may need a vacation now.

altered

One thing I've noticed that makes talking about systemic racism difficult is that all of our language around racism (and I saw a black Salish Nation anarchist talking about this recently) is individualistic and active. Racism is something you do, you are guilty of, racism is people acting out something, and these ideas are baked into the very language for it.

Systemic racism sounds like an oxymoron. Think of the concept of "systemic beatboxing" — it's a complete nonsequitur. "Systemic drunk driving." "Systemic sports."

We don't have words for racism that aren't sunken in this individualistic, active connotation, which makes it sound like total gibberish if you don't see it first hand.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Ari Atari on June 10, 2020, 04:47:39 PM

Find better conversations.
Molon Lube