News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

So about these riots...

Started by altered, May 28, 2020, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

It already started going down in Kentucky. We'll see if they come back tonight, assuming it doesn't rain again.

I'm just waiting for him to we need to post pone the election - which he can't do without Congressional approval and the Goose absolutely won't play ball - but he'll be yelling about it soon
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

Quote from: Juana on May 29, 2020, 10:42:50 AM
It already started going down in Kentucky. We'll see if they come back tonight, assuming it doesn't rain again.

I'm just waiting for him to we need to post pone the election - which he can't do without Congressional approval and the Goose absolutely won't play ball - but he'll be yelling about it soon

I think (based on what's being seen elsewhere and my own time protesting) once things start going, the weather doesn't affect much. Rain or shine, people will show up. -20 and snowing, people will show up. It would take a tornado to stop them. People who are protesting on this level feel powerless and want to take back agency in their lives.

The weather barely matters at that stage except as, at worst, further fucking insult. I speak from experience on that part, at least.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

The Johnny

Dok, can we leave to Mars already?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

altered

Quote from: The Johnny on May 29, 2020, 11:19:31 AM

No. He still hasn't populated the world with self replicating, self repairing murderbots. This is a crucial and necessary act before anyone gets to leave this rock, goddamnit.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

https://twitter.com/lalat1na/status/1266321291709120513?s=21

This is very interesting, and I agree with the tweet. This has "no witnesses" built right into it. The fact it's a black reporter in particular is a real, real bad feeling.

I think we are about to see and hear about some truly horrible things. I can't actually say I was prepared, even after everything, for the dread I'm feeling watching this happen. This short clip of a CNN reporter being arrested peacefully on camera is the surface ripples of something truly vile slithering behind the scenes.

Cain

This is provocation, designed to rile people up. They're thumbing their noses at the protestors, hoping to anger them. They picked a black reporter for a major channel live on air for precisely that reason, they knew it would get maximum coverage.

When they start arresting all the journalists, that's when they'll do something vile.

altered

They arrested his whole crew, not just him. They started with him first, then did the rest of the crew at that location.

ETA: Also, provocation when the protestors literally burned a police station down last night sounds like they want an excuse to do some vile shit anyway.

Cain

Last I heard, CNN's Josh Campbell, who is as white as his name sounds, is still also reporting from Minneapolis (though his Twitter feed is quiet). If he gets arrested as well, then there's a problem.

Interesting, he reported that the police did nothing to stop the station from burning down last night.

altered

Apparently the MN Governor ordered the CNN crew's release and called the arrests unacceptable.

These cops have lost the backing of the fucking state govt.

EDIT: Fixed bad info.

Cain

CNN's reporting that they've been released

QuoteJimenez and the others -- producer Bill Kirkos and photojournalist Leonel Mendez -- were taken to the city's downtown public safety building, but were released after 6 a.m. CT.
Jimenez, after his release, reported live outside from downtown and said he'd been treated cordially after he'd been led away.

"We're doing OK, now. There were a few uneasy moments there," Jimenez said.

The Minneapolis State Patrol said this about the incident:

"In the course of clearing the streets and restoring order at Lake Street and Snelling Avenue, four people were arrested by State Patrol troopers, including three members of a CNN crew. The three were released once they were confirmed to be members of the media."

CNN disputed the state police characterization in a statement on Twitter.

"This is not accurate - our CNN crew identified themselves, on live television, immediately as journalists. We thank Minnesota @GovTimWalz for his swift action this morning to aid in the release of our crew."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Johnny on May 29, 2020, 11:19:31 AM

Absolutely.  Take everyone with you.
Molon Lube

Juana

Lighting up again tonight in several cities.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Cain

I'm hearing a police precint got overrun in Brooklyn after some heavy-handed suppression of a protest and there are some scuffles around the White House?

I'm just waking up mind, and I have no idea if these are from legit sources or not yet.

altered

They're legitimate. There's video of protestors yanking barricades out of the hands of the cops then getting in their face like "you wanna go?"

And two precincts overtaken in two days is clear fucking message. The genie is out of the bottle.

altered

Honestly this whole thing is batshit. All the dreams of 70s hippies coming to life after their useless stoner asses gave up on dreaming.